Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

with the karts it's not only the speed, but also that the junior's don't have front brakes makes it easier to drive (IMO) then the F1 Karts that do have front brakes... I have raced both with and without, and had the same issue on the real track :) I found rear brake only way more predictable (but then again, when I drove with front brakes, I didn't have a good setup at all, very unstable/unpredictable)

2. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

If you take any car in rf2 and lock the rear differential and stiffen suspension to max, stiffen rear anti-roll to max and loosen the front anti-roll....the sensation of weight transfer you are missing from karts through the ffb will be the similar if not exactly the same. Weight transfer forces through the ffb are sort of a mirage. It's feels like weight transfer (g-force) because of how the car is setup so that the steering arm forces during a corner align with the direction of the g-force in the corners. For Karts, the setup does not really allow for this and naturally so. Equally, remember people complaining about the FWD BTCC Honda's with their counter-intuitive ffb sensation of steering into the corner with a little power causing people to complain and suggest the ffb is inverted.....same/similar story.

3. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

+1 for the Junior Karts

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

search for project-race.de server in MM...

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Hmm I'm just getting this error page when trying to download the karts, HUD etc.
    View attachment 12209
    Wonder what's wrong? URL bar looks weird with the "127.0.0.1"...

6. sgatke

sgatke Registered

I have the same issue as Hexagramme - cannot access rfactor.net

7. TechAde

TechAde Registered

You're never going to get 'true' kart steering feel from a consumer wheel e.g. Logitech, Thrustmaster etc. as they simply can't produce enough torque. It varies a lot but real karts can produce steering torque of 12Nm or more, roughly 5 times that of a G27 and 2.5 times that of a T500.

8. crz

crz Registered

9. sgatke

sgatke Registered

Thank you crz.
    I had not seen the other thread before you linked to it.

10. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

It's actually far worse than that i'm afraid. About 200-250x greater than the g27 and about 80x greater than the T500.

The T500 motor can output a constant torque of around 150 mNm and has an initial peak of 640 mNm (but we can ignore this as it's just the initialisation torque which dies away as quickly as it began).

A leo bodnar wheel is the closest thing to being able to mimic real-life forces, rated at 12 Nm (12,000 mNm) and it can maintain this torque constantly.

edit: Woops....please ignore my post, TechAde was right in pointing out that i cited the direct torque output from the wheel motor's and forgot to consider the gearing/transmission inside the wheel housing that scales up the torque.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2014
  11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Trust me running with lower forces is better, if we had the option to turn down the ffb forces of real world karts I think we would unless perhaps we could do it all the time thus get use to it etc

We tune in to what ever we have so go easy on your arms & your hardware

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Does anybody have a working link to all the Kart content?

13. emha76

emha76 Registered

14. Paddler

Paddler Registered

I just had a long run with the junior Karts. Amazing experience! The most realistic experience ever in a sim for me! Congratulations ISI!!!!!!!

BTW: How can i get the lap times to be shown on the screen while in the cockpit?

15. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I've measured the constant torque output of both G27 and T500 to come to the numbers I posted, I'm confident they're not far off accurate. Niels Heusinkveld also measured his G25 at ~2.5Nm. The numbers you're quoting are before any internal gearing is taken into account, not the torque at the wheel rim.

16. maxrod

maxrod Registered

what we need is more feeling from the wheel as most other kart sims it is hard to feel through corners so at times they snap away in a real kart you would be-able to catch it, so its not just the toque as you could have all the toque in the world but if there is no feel to it then its not going to make any difference, Hope we will see more development in the future with these.

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I agree. As long as the TECHNICAL challenge / sufficient information is still there and I can play more without fatigue then I'm in. IRL we simply could not race nearly as much as we can in sim racing.

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Settings/Control/Display....LCD mode
    Better assign a button for LCD Up or Down so you can scroll through them while driving.

19. Paddler

Paddler Registered

thx. is there also a possibility to see the laptimes on the Hud as shown in the video above?

20. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered