Karts 0.991 and Quebec SuperKarts 1.07 track available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Mar 29, 2014.

1. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

2. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

Only thing missing is the smell of two-stroke gasoline........Thanks everyone at ISI

3. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Have the same, which build are you running?

4. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

I really enjoyed these karts. Quality done and very immersive.

5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

try workaround:
    launcher, mod manager, Options menu.
    deselect "Verify Install"

6. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Ok i find that problem is not Kart mod related, as i get the same behavior with other mods to. Probably something missing in my installation folder as i get 3 error windows with next messages: "Error loading global material CGREENEMBANKMENTS", "Error creating vertex shader" and "Error getting stats for texture CONCRETE_GREEN.DDSE Error loading texture CONCRETE_GREEN for material CGREENEMBANKMENTS"

I already uninstall Mores and install it again an problem still exist. Maybe can be also build related problem, because last time i played on Mores was on previous build and then was working fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Wow these these are really fun at Mores, Euroring and Neva ring.

Edit - Forgot to mention rf2 is crahpshing hard with these, though. First wheel seems to swith to 900 degrees and then I end up off track and looks like engine is smoking and clock is still running but AI and I am frozen. Very hard lock up and takes two attempts with win7 task manager to kill rf2.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I like that it looks like a real place, with the wear-and-tear to prove it. To me that's what separates the immersive tracks from the ones that look immediately "digital." Sure, it will look better once its had another TLC pass, but I wouldn't mind more tracks in this development condition (hint: Toban!!!!).

9. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I find it kind of strange that they are saying it looks that bad, I thought it looks quite good, though it's not quite bright or saturated enough for my tastes, but it does have a nice color palette to it and the textures are functional. If LRP or Brianza looked this good, I'd probably have run them within the last 3 months.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

This mod has a big drawback.
    ITS PERFECT :D :D
    Thanks ISI for most fun I ever had out of the box :)

11. Pelukas

Pelukas Registered

perfecto!!,mil gracias a ISI rf2 forever
    una muy buena ide publicar un mod de Kart,se haze mucha MANO con ello!
    gracias MIL!!!!

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hahahaha, agreed. Put Palm Beach in that list too :p.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It is incredibly authentic with the junior karts (the only ones I have driven in real life). AI is pretty good (a bit of bumping not causing too much pain helps). Track is great, though I have no idea why the owners wouldn't want it branded with their name? A TON of fun so far.

The only glitch I have encountered is having a duplicate of my kart (same number) parked in front of my garage stall during some practice sessions. I think it was only when I had the ghost trainer enabled, but very strange. You could get around it or push it out of the way. Will report back later if I can detect a pattern to its appearance. Ghost car worked OK (other than the usual problems with AI seeing it as a real car), though.

14. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I have to say, racing the F1 Karts is WAY better offline than online last night. The AI actually with those things is very impressive IMO by rF2 standards, nearly approaching Papyrus levels, that's a pretty big compliment in my book.

F1 Karts on the Medium layout is amazing, you can really feel the physics work in the 90 degree left / long right / fast double left section. Just boom - the feeling of on the edge, the throttle control, the steering, the FFB working - fan. freaking. tastic. Easily, hands down, 1000000% the best experience in rF2. It makes a great case for either buying a servo wheel or a real kart, decisions! LOL

I've been rather outspoken on not necessarily being an rF2 fan around here, but this... this... THIS is rFactor 2. The UI, the HUD, The driving, the track - this is how you do it ISI, now keep it up!

Also, are Superkarts planned? They'd be great for where rF2 currently is track wise as they fit some of the smaller tracks great. Mores, Croft, Symmons Plain, Poznan, and Putnam Park (imagine the draft battles online!) would be fantastic with them!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Take the karts to Dunsfold Park

16. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

Just gave these suckers a go. Dang, they're fun!

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+Infinity

It is simply stupendous.

There are at least 3 other tracks already released that have karting tracks on them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Is it possible that the B949 mod manager can't verify the content for some reason and the B590 mod manager can?

Certainly there are no major physics changes between these builds and Tim didn't mention anything at all about incompatbility. The Panoz wasn't compatible with pre-494 builds but installed fine for these people...

In short, an answer would be nice why some users get a "verification error" on the Karts file.

regards

Helmut

19. Tony

Tony Registered

Yea Tig, having finally saved enough pennies & just changed from a G27 to a T500rs I think there's quite a difference in the forces felt - I've turned down the ffb multi like yourself

Karts outdoors on tarmac are very different to indoor tracks which are usually painted concrete & slippery, making the steering quite light when you're on the move; but outdoors on tarmac is a real fight with the grippy & often irregular surface, you have to wrench the wheel & throw the kart around - is what I found anyways at an outdoor track at Milton Keynes near me - I broke a rib last time I was there :eek:

I like these, they're addictive, & as Christian over at F1SR said to me - easy to pick up, but hard to master & go quickly with. The track is nice too - loads of fun details everywhere

20. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

24H+ after the Kart release and my arms hurt..... quite a lot.... :)

I only ran a few races at ffb of 1.0 that was just too much, I'm not saying unrealistically so; as I do remember many years ago going karting when I was much stronger and after 40 minutes of real karting you knew all about it in your muscles. I ended up with 0.75, played for a few hours. Today my body is reminding me of the collarbone injury from over a decade ago, and my biceps and triceps feel like I have been doing press-ups and pull-ups. Not surprised..... it is a simulator! My wheel is a CSW (using f1 rim for karts) FFB on wheel set to 100.

I might look like a thug by the time shifter karts get here.

Only criticisms I have are: engaging reverse when you get stuck up against something, it takes frustratingly long. I guess it should be random, I don't know. Is it simulating you getting out, freaking out about (and flipping bird to)the idiot who just pushed you against the tyres, pushing the kart backwards, getting back in and setting off again?
    The sound could be better regarding both the wind rush noise and the muffled effect you get when wearing a helmet, plus doppler effect from opponents isn't all that good currently.
    The air you can get over the bridge and still control the kart is a unrealistic, you would be knocked out cold with permanent spinal damage.
    Some of the collisions are...... :D

Minor criticisms though when it is so very very good everywhere else.

MORE!