[REL] 2004 Williams FW26 v0.91

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Derek Nye

Derek Nye Registered

That's the plan, to do a class thing similar to how rf1 had where you can race and only allow say the 90s cars in the event, rf2 's menu isn't allowing that right now to our knowledge which is why it was released separately than the rest of the f1 classics.

2. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

We can change the class using DisplayClassOvveride and that still works fine to give more details on cars, and the superclass can be done in the filtering system.

By far the biggest issue is that the ui background only allows for 16/17 characters to set the name and stay inside the visually designated area, it needs widening to allow more characters to be properly useable. I know it sounds petty but I hate that lol.

I will change it to something more detailed and include it in the next update uwe:)

how does 'Williams F1 2004' sound? that fits....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
  3. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

Hi,

I'm loving this car:) the ffb is a little light in the corners but I'm sure I just need to tweak it. The model is stunning
    and the sounds is good.

Cheers,

Sean

4. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

5. Uzair

Uzair Registered

I love the detail on the car, excellent job and many thanks for creating and sharing with us :) The FW26 is one of my favorite F1 cars, so thank you for having it as one of the first F1 cars you release :cool:

However I do have an issue with it: the car feels too bouncy, softening the suspension springs does not help. Its almost like the car is vibrating on the track surface at a high frequency. Anyone else getting this kind of jumpiness and high-frequency bouncing?

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Yup, I do. I think I made a post on it a wee while ago. But yeah, I get this "rocking" motion to the car, and I don't know why. The car rocks diagonally from wheel to wheel when cornering, and you can feel it in the wheel where it is vibrating mid corner. To me it's like the tyres aren't "soft" enough to work at absorbing the bumps, which in combination with the super stiff suspension means the car just wobbles everywhere.

7. Uzair

Uzair Registered

Yep, that describes the problem better than how I managed :)

Mak-Corp, can you please take this as beta version feedback? The car looks and sounds great otherwise. The physics needs some improvement. The suspension needs to be tweaked, and I believe the cornering speeds should also be a little higher, the car seems to have understeer in high speed corners.

8. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hi Uzair,

anything mentioned in this thread, or any threads for our cars, is taken onboard and duly investigated.

As a very early build with early physics, there will be many things to continue and update along the way. The 'tramping' problem you describe has already been discussed and looked at internally, so don't worry.

the physics are ongoing and internally we are beyond the current released build and I am hoping to have an update for this car soon, but, it will have to fall in line with other content that is being updated.

Next update from us will be for the Group C Mod.

9. Uzair

Uzair Registered

Liquid4653,

It is great to hear from a member of the modding group, and thank you for reassuring on the physics being worked on.

I hope that you guys continue to make great stuff, both for Group C and F1. Great choice with the 2004 Williams as your first modern F1 release, the 2004 cars were the fastest lapping F1 cars of all time, and the Williams had perhaps the most powerful engine. May I request that - after you are done with Group C - if you can build up the full 1968 or 1969 F1 season? They remain the quintessentially beautiful pre-aero era (with some elegant wings in 1969) cars, having no sidepods or diffusers, exposed engines and gearboxes, but more powerful than the cars up to 1966.

10. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Hey again Uzair,

I do come on here regularly but don't spend a lot of time posting and such as I am knee deep in mod work all the time, and if I spend a lot of time here then I am not getting as much done lol.

After I'm done with the Group C update, I have an army of stuff waiting for attention including stuff we have not disclosed yet, so it is unlikely you will see a full F1 68/69 season from us anytime soon, especially when you consider we are still working on the F1 2008 season.

I will mention it to the group all the same, you never know what can happen:)

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Great stuff !! Looking forward to this, would love to lap in the current release but it makes my ears bleed.

12. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

you won't get an argument from me the bwana lol, the car now has proper sounds you will be delighted to hear.

13. Uzair

Uzair Registered

Hi Liquid4653,

I completely understand your workflow and of course support that you spend more time on actually building the mods than communicating about them on the forums :)

I look forward to your finished mods. I know you would be doing it for the love of sim racing and modding, and not for a monetary reward, but once you release a full and high quality Group C mod or 1968/1969 F1 mod (hopefully both!) I will make small donations for each finished series. I have made a general principle to donate to the makers of the highest quality mods, such as feels3 with his tracks, because I think the modders deserve it and they get motivation to keep building quality stuff. I am not rich by any means so even though I would like to donate large amounts I am going to stick to a few Euro, with the idea being that every user should donate. Of course then we get into the payware territory. Well, I say, as with everything else in life, you get what you pay for. Since we users want high quality in every aspect (visuals, physics and handling, sound) then we shouldn't be averse to paying a nominal amount for the content.

14. jepeto

jepeto Registered

the nicest car during poor years ! Like ' hammer' s squale".

15. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Any news on this mod?
    I really like it, and it has a lot of potential.

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

90s mclaren?? dont believe im familiar with it...link anyone?

have tried the 1992 williams demo & it is a BLAST, great sound.

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

thanks for the link! missed that one.

19. Liquid4653

Liquid4653 Registered

Sorry for not being around much lately, and obviously things have been quiet from us lately and deadlines mentioned have been missed. This time has been spent on the physics and testing, which takes time, but our test crew have been great there.

The bounciness was a bit too much on the FW26 and we have studied footage and got a better balance there now.

All currently released content on rF2 is due to be publically refreshed soon, all have had work done on them already with fixes and physics development and now we are in final stages updating all the tyres, which unfortunately is troublesome at the moment due to issues with the tyre tool presently.

Once they are done, and some validation testing, then your gonna start seeing some stuff from us.

There are other projects in rF2 which are not known too;).

20. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

Good news!