Buttkicker 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sn0man, Mar 26, 2014.

1. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Hello all I just have a question regarding the buttkicker I have just bought... I've installed it via my soundblaster Z and it works great on movies and music but when I use it on rf2 ( the reason for buying it really!) I am somewhat disappointed... I say this as I was expecting to feel the kerbs, gear changes and the engine (in the higher rpm also). To be honest I only really feel the engine up-to 3000 rpm and the kerbs very faintly... if I turn up the "intensity" it tends to start clipping (which is somewhat noisy and not acceptable by my 1 year old daughter!!)... Is this because it is actually taking the sound from my centre speaker and not my sub??? ( I tested this via my creative software, as I have one jack that controls both the sub and centre speaker)

Is there anyway to enhance the experience as I feel I am missing something as people rave about these?? Do I need some third party software? Or is their a way to use my onboard Realtek sound for just the sub??

Sorry for the somewhat noob question but I could really use the help from some of you experienced guys or gals

I hope my thread makes sense!!

2. Ducatiguy

Ducatiguy Registered

You really need SimVibe from Simexperience. I'm not affiliated in any way, it's just THE software that makes a buttkicker do what you want/need it to do. It's like going from black & white to color...it's a huge upgrade and worth every penny ($80 or so).

The short story of SimVibe is that it sends the physics your car experiencesto your buttkicker...vs just sending the sound from RF (or a movie) to your buttkicker.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have 3 BKG2 and I can tell you that without SimVibe they are almost useless, but with SimVibe they work greatly, because it takes advantage of the car telemetry, so can feel gear change, engine rpm, textures, curbs.....
    BKG2 alone.........mehhh...
    BKG2+Simvibe.......perfect immersion!

4. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Thanks Ducatiguy I've just had a look, purchased and am now downloading... fingers crossed!!

5. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Excited now... So hopefully it is as simple as plugging my amp into my Soundblaster, would I still just use the center\sub output and my speakers into my onboard Realtek??

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Personally I have 3 sound cards in my pc-spec and I'm using one of them with SimVibe, but I think that one sound card can be enough if you use your USB head set!

7. sn0man

sn0man Registered

What do you mean by this GT Club? The immersion is better using a head set or do I have to run my head set off the sound card that my amp is connected to?? Does this mean I cannot use my onboard Realtek for my speakers alongside my soundblaster Z for simvibe? Sorry if this is a simple question...

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yes, sure you can mate:) you can use sound blaster with Simvibe and the onboard sound card for your speaker!
    PS: if the sound blaster is a better sound card than the onboard card that you have in your system, then I advice you to use your onboard card with SimVibe and the second card for your speakers!

9. sn0man

sn0man Registered

lol, that is good news, although I have just faffed around swapping my speakers over as I thought that you had to run simvibe off of a standalone sound card... Best I get back under my desk :)

10. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Just to confirm, the USB headset would use the motherboard sound and you need an extra sound card to run sim vibe?

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

If you use the USB headset you don't need an extra sound card and the onboard sound card can be used to run Simvibe( the sound card must be 5.1 I think).

12. Barf Factor

Barf Factor Registered

Simvibe is excellent. And it is highly customisable. Take some time to set up each effect one by one (you can switch the others off when testing). I am using my motherboard's on-board sound to run Simvibe and a USB headset (which acts like an external soundcard) for audio.

13. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I suggest you also use an second monitor if you can, and if not a second window open (with rF2 executed at the lowest resolution in another window) to be able to alter SimVibe settings in RealTime. It's really easier and faster to be able to check in realtime what's going on when you modify a simvibe parameter or value.

I'm using an onboard realtek to drive simvibe, and a PCI Xtrem Gamer for the sound as sounds are better with it, and simvibe don't need an high end sound card.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

With simvibe and a second screen you can also set up your own customized telemetry.
    It is a great piece of software but wasted on only 1 Bass shaker, Even adding some cheap Dayton Pucks adds tonnes to the experience, I put 2 under my pedals and 1 under the shifter, plus the big shaker under my butt. Expensive, but worth it when set up right.

15. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I had 2 bkg2 under my butt and one under my pedals, but it it worth to put one under the shifter?!

16. smbrm

smbrm Registered

I think my onboard is 7.1.

17. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

You should/might be able to choose 5.1 when you go to the "Sound" control panel and right click your onboard sound card in the "Playback" tab, click "Configure Speakers" and choose 5.1 Surround, "next, next, next..." etc.

18. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

I'm using SimVibe with two sound cards (mobo sound for audio) and six bass shakers driven by three 300 watt/channel stereo amps. SimVibe is the best thing ever to happen to bass shakers. Soooo much better than driving them with an audio signal.

19. Emery

Emery Registered

How am I ever going to buy a replacement for my G25 if you guys keep talking up the SimVibe/Buttkicker combo?!? :p

20. sn0man

sn0man Registered

Well what can I say... I'm one night (of many to come) in now of tweaking with simvibe and I am blown away!! I am soooo impressed with what this combination can do and I am only running one buttkicker 2 on my omega office chair. So I just wanted to say a massive thank you to the people that have taken the time to help me with this. One day I hope I can have a rig like some of you's as if one transducer is this good I can only imagine how some of yours rigs must feel?!? Anyone near Essex in England want to let me come and try theirs??... worth a try :)