NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 - MUST READ!! AMAZING! SO MUCH FALSE/MISLEADING INFO ABOUT IT!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Mar 22, 2014.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

You should be able to invert them by performing the "Run Setup Wizard" in the Steroscopic 3D tab in the Nvidia control panel. You'll get an image with blue triangles and green hexagons mixed together. Underneath it will ask you to select which one you see in the left and right eye only. Pick the right ones and if should correct it for you. If not, try the choosing the wrong ones to see what happens.

2. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Thanks. Tried but doesn't work. The wizard complains if you choose the wrong/inverted pics.

Somehow magically the first time I run the wizard after uninstalling strobe light everything worked correctly, both the wizard and rf2 with correct lenses.

Nvidia forums have plenty of examples of people with my same problem but I couldn't find a solution that worked for me...

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What's been peoples experiences so far with NVIDIA 3D Vision and rF2? Anything changed with the last few NVIDIA drivers or build/builds of F2?

4. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

The Rift is going to make all these things useless anyway...

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Probably for most, but not all. When racing I want to be able to see my own real-life wheel, shifter, hands, clothes, buttons, legs, etc.

I don't want to be "thrown" inside a video game, I want my video game to come to life.

6. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Do you have any first hand experience with using a DK1 Spinelli? If not i would hold reserve judgement till you can try an oculus rift (admittedly the dk1 was not that great but the concept works and in my opinion only, i think i will love it having experienced first hand the potential). But perhaps you are right and some won't like it for whatever reasons but you and everyone (including myself) all need to try it for ourself when the fully working optimised consumer version is released to know if we individually would or would not use the consumer rift.

“One good test is worth a thousand expert opinions.” - Wernher von Braun

;)

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Maybe once I spend quite a lot of time with one, my mind will change. It seems generally amazing, don't get me wrong. I just don't know how being visually limited to just the virtual game world would "fly" when attempting to use it in combination with a hardcore racing sim in a professional/industrial training environment.

I would think that for someone training/preparing for real-life that sitting inside a real-life cockpit and seeing your real wheel, buttons, hands, cockpit body around you, etc. and then using something like NVIDIA's 3D Vision, with full wrap around screens (or at least screens covering 180 horizontal degrees) would feel much more natural and life-like in terms of a pure training/preparing-for-real-life environment than being limited to only seeing the virtual world in the video game itself.

On a side note, 99% of players don't even use a realistic in-game cockpit view (always have the view originating from a point that is too high, and most often pointed too downwards as well); with a real-life cockpit you can at least get that part of the view correct (the real cockpit and wheel in relation to yourself).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  8. seancleric

seancleric Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
  9. Kokomo

Kokomo Registered

You need to try to see the big picture. Consider that in not a long time, we will have gloves as well, so you will be able to merge your wheel and the game wheel, in a way that you will see your hands moving IN the game, and when you reach the wheel in the game you will feel your phisical real wheel. I don't know how anything can be better than that at this moment without talking about thousands of dollars in setups, you can even raise your hand to complain or to celebrate victories or podiums. Then say hello to the drivers waving at them on the celebration lap.

The future in some decades will be you won't even need a steering wheel, the gloves themselves will simulate FFB and you will be able to touch the buttons as you see them in the game's steering wheel/dashboard

Future is coming, and it's just going to be amazing

10. seancleric

seancleric Registered

Ye the link I posted is the virtual gloves video which kind of let's you imagine the further possibilities you say.

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Pic 2015 is going to be with Oculus Rift :cool:
    View attachment 13527

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There will be no cinemas, instead they will supply games and controllers and have VR theaters for 1000 player lans .......... imagine all their VR heads nodding and bobbing in unison and the oohing and ahhing .

lol

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Hehe, you are killing me, this "app generation" drives me crazy :p

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup Frank, just about to post that.

Nvidia released a "Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames" setting in their brand new driver. It helps cut out VR headset input lag from Nvidia's side (was over 50ms before, they want it under 20, it should now be at about 25).

The new Nvidia driver also gets rid of the standard SLI 1 frame of input lag in virtual reality 3D mode that regular 2D SLI always has in every game (the user can't get rid of it, even if they tried setting pre-rendered frames to 1). How do they get rid of this for 3D? Well, while in SLI combined with 3D mode, the GPUs run in parallel mode - basically one GPU is running on it's own for the left eye, and the other GPU is running on it's own for the right eye, - essentially each is a single GPU powering a single monitor (eye) - this is why SLI and Nvidia 3D Vision 2 almost always has near perfect GPU scaling and is why the framerates of SLI in 3D mode are almost always about 2x of single GPU mode. This is why SLI and 3D are a perfect match, and now Nvidia has carried that over to VR headset as well.

SLI and 3D mode (Nvidia 3D Vision or a VR headset) are an absolute perfect match, they are practically made for each other for the following 2 reasons:

1. You almost always get perfect GPU scaling and therefore 2x the framerate, regardless of each games' SLI profile (or lack of), SLI compatibility, etc. because both GPUs are separately running each eye (AKA in parallel) - basically two separate GPUs running side by side rendering their own individual monitor (eye), rather than working together to render 1 monitor (eye) - sort of a dual, side-by-side single GPU mode.

2. The point above (#1) means that 3D users running SLI can successfully, truly run at pre-rendered frames = 1. 2D SLI users are always stuck with the extra full frame of input lag even if they set pre-rendered frames to 1. The pre-rendered frames setting does not work for 2D SLI users, even if you change it to 1 it actually does NOT change to 1 in the "back-end". However,
    3D SLI users can truly enable a "pre-rendered frames=1" setting - getting rid of the forced/irremovable 2D SLI full frame of input lag - which is otherwise only available for single GPU users :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014