I need answers. I'm bored of waiting for rfactor 2 content

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Jarmour, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

But you still play it everyday? If you "love" your partner they better watch out.

This doesn't make any sense, which is it you are unhappy with? The time between releases or the actual quality of the content released?

Karts are next, probably quite soon, they are the ultimate single seater.

Why not? If you get some people to drive the same car around a circuit and time it, or even *shock* drive around it at the same time, the person who has the best control of that car and the least bad luck may be called "winner" and that my friend is racing, which you love ..... yes?

What competition? What are you comparing it to that fulfills all of your needs in a racing simulator? I'd love to know because for me its rf2 or GSC, and when ISI release karts I doubt GSC will even feature anymore. What am I missing out on? I suppose iRacing and if they offered all their cars and tracks forever for a fixed price I would consider it.

2. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Murtaya well done for breaking down my paragraph I'm sure your very proud. FYI I don't need advice on my love life mate. Anyway smart guy here you go.

I bought the sim and loved the variation of cars that isi offered especially the World Series and f2 which I still use. I hoped that physics would improve in places and the game would become more user friendly for someone that doesn't know how to set up a car for different tracks. I was hoping for more well known tracks by now. And I was also hoping for some introductions to LMP classes and possibly more single seaters because that is what I like to drive. I'm not saying it's what everyone else likes it's just what I do.

Again I struggled to find any information on what we can expect to see in terms of content in the future, which is essentially what I was asking for. I was frustrated as a new user with this game in terms of support in every aspect and I thought that there would be more to offer.

Also, whoever thinks the content released is free it's not. You would not pay 80 pounds or dollars for this sim at the beginning if you knew that no more content was to be released. It's a spoon feed process, it's a way of attracting customers. I'm not expecting everything at once, just some direction.

And my personal opinion on the Panoz - which I am entitled to without getting my head ripped off is that people like myself would much prefer to see an actual racing car released instead, not a road car. After all this is a simulator for racing. But that is my view on it, and I am just stating what I would like to see.

I am positive I'm not the only person that feels this way. ISI do a good job, but there is most definitely room for improvement and I don't believe I'm being unfair to expect it after 2 years.

I hope this answers all of your super important questions muyrarta.

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

4. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Yes that's pretty much what I was looking for! Something official from ISI like this including projects we could see that add to the sim experience would be very handy. Maybe a monthly or quarterly update.

I don't mind surprises at all but it's always good to know where something is going.

Cheers Adrian!

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm absolutely sure it was free when I downloaded it? Wow, I'll need to check and see if ISI has withdrawn extra from my bank account. :rolleyes:

And 80 pounds?? Wow, no I would not pay that for the base sim. 80 dollars? Sure I would.

6. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Yes your absolutely right it's 85 dollars for lifetime not pounds apologies. Sorry to state the obvious but In case you weren't aware if it costs 85 dollars, it's not free.

7. Minibull

Minibull Member

...yes, the Panoz just released is technically free. I paid for a game which had no Corvette, Camaro, Skippy, Marussia F1, generic 2012 F1 car, F2 car, Howston/Lola and no Civic. Now let's list the tracks following those cars...
    I deemed the game to be worth what I payed for it back near August 2012. Since then, all the content has been free, I have not payed for any of it further out of my pocket.

If you are saying I have paid for the new content, it would be me paying 85 for thw use of the software and a base set of cars, and then me having to pay money for each dlc pack as it came from ISI. "Pay 8 bucks and unlock the Skippy and LRP combo", that kind of carry on.

8. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Don't say to ISI: I didn't take the lifetime payment as I'm a lonely wolf who don't like to play online, so it was pretty cheap for me. Anytime they release new content, I'm able to click, download and install it without giving my bank account number. Hope they will not found the bug or it will cost me...oooops I don't want to imagine the cost of all that! ;)

9. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Jarmour,
    Sorry you took my post as bit of a personal attack, it wasn't my intent, I didn't use ad-hominem name calling and I wouldn't dream of giving anyone advice on their lovelife, that was a quip. I wasn't breaking you or your paragraph down just voicing my thoughts as I read your post, it's a public forum. If you only wanted ISI staff to reply you should have specified that or done it privately.
    None of my questions were super important as you say, and I don't consider myself a smart guy. When I bought the sim I expected all of the silhouetted cars in the circle to be released, not much more. I expect one day all of the touted features to work properly. I can accept you don't like the Panoz without wishing you personal injury, but really as I say the racing to be had in these could be as much fun as anything else, it was a bonus car, and perhaps you will kindly forgive my sarcasm on that subject in my previous post, but you can race anything and have fun, the ISR review of the Panoz shows it quite well. I think the only vehicle missing from the silhouetted circle is the Kart so that's all I'm "expecting". We could and indeed already have ended up with more.
    The only thing I asked is please tell me what else you are driving, the competition ISI needs to look at? Nothing else gives more for $85 does it? I was happy with what I got straight away for the money anyway. It seems to be coming together quite well IMO and I don't blame ISI for not wanting the competition to know what is coming and when, as I believe they are ahead of the curve and all the competition is well behind and rely on gimmicks, holding back content or big name licenses to attract quick attention at an appropriate time. I think ISI play an honest game and that's got be hard when nobody else really does. Anyway I see you are happy with the link Adrian provided. Maybe now you will just leave Britney alone....pleeeeeaaaaaase.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

HAHAHA! Good stuff...

11. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Im also concerned about one or two things in rf2 development, but goddamn....no one reaches its quality and its pace.

As Tim posted, others keep the already made content to themselves and release one each week to improve sales, making fun of stupid buyers who say "WOW, so fast".

RF2 its on the turning point from being an almost sim to a stable sim.
    Its up to ISI to listen to some (not all) of us here and retain some ideias. I wonder if the "community owners thread" made by ISI some time ago was even read by someone. That thread is full of great ideas wich should be at least considered and i didnt saw any being implemented.
    I think the development pace is good.
    I would just like to have a glimpse on what´s coming. We know that karts and Indy are on the way, but after that?

12. Jarmour

Jarmour Banned

Wow. It's almost like people here think ISI are doing them a favour. THIS SIM IS NOT FREE. YOU PAID FOR IT.

Project CARS as a junior dev with early access. That absolutely blows this away, and it will be much cheaper to run and have so much more variation available. The graphics are outstanding and the cars feel perfect.

Assetto Corsa - still fairly new but is graphically superior to rf2, offers very realistic racing with a solid variation of cars to start.

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

i love rF2, i love how much more it offers than titles you mentioned, if you dont see it or dont agree with it, well that is up to you. I have tried other titles and after driving rf2 everything else feels like Need For Speed game now... I dont regret single cent i payed.
    Plus when you keep saying "its not free, its not free" .. of course its not free, there is a team of developers who need to pay a roof above their head and feed their families, that takes money. And when you already are comparing, please dont forget to mention games like Forza or GT5 and their system of "micro" transactions, which i would already start calling "macro" transactions. Where to have decent content you like will cost you literary hundrets of dollars.

14. alaneagle

alaneagle Registered

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

15. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

So u got your 2 other "sims" u could play why are u still bothering with rf2? Its a bit diffrent for me because nothing else out there keeps me satisfied on the simulation level of rf2 and its driveabillity. Theres not one other product out on the Simracing market which comes close enough to what rf2 has achieved already in its state. So i don't have your options to switch to pcars or assetto corsa because for me they are clearly not what iam looking for in a racingsim. Also on the flightsim market u don't have that much options to choose from and there are still 2 or 3 competitors out in their genre, be it casual sims or combat sims. And right now rf2 has no competition at all in terms of racing simulation.

16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Then feel free to go and not feel bored.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.