Minor audio bug: Freemove camera sound position not updating when moving

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Robert Gödicke, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

This is a bug which is present since rFactor 1, I don't know if it's possible to fix it, but it would definitely help video makers to improve the audio quality of their videos.

By hitting the End key on the keyboard you can switch through various "Freemove" cameras around the track. You can then move around freely on track by using the respective freemove movement keys (dunno if they are assigned by default). However, moving around the track does not update the position of the "audio pickup" of that camera. Let's say you switch through the freemove cameras, then move one of them into one direction for 500m. You will still hear the cars passing the camera's initial position before you started to move. When the cars pass on your current camera's location, of course you won't hear them at all, because the position for the audio pickup wasn't updated to that new position and is still at the initial position.

2. MikeZ

MikeZ Registered

Thanks for the information. Should be fixed for next update.

3. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Will this apply to all cameras? . With Trackir, in the cockpit, it feels strange when you move your head, the view changes but the sound doesn't move.

4. Robert Gödicke

This will already be fixed in the next update? Super awesome! Thanks guys!

5. Robert Gödicke

This bug is not fixed yet in build 660, right? I still can't hear the cars passing the freemove camera if I moved away from its initial position, I still hear them passing the initial camera position, no matter where I move to. :confused:

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Been this way since old days of rf1. I dun think itll be fixed soon