REPLACED Build 590 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Finally got the courage to do a fresh install after the auto-update was giving all kinds of freezes.
    Courage because I knew I was going to start from scratch and re-test every combo to see what this build would bring to the table for me. took me quite some time!

Managed to get it running smooth again and an increase in fps. Not sure if its the build because I am now using different settings like sync off and AA-1 and little ini tweaks.
    Tomorrow the big test when we do a league race and see if the impossible freezes are now gone with a full grid.
    (menus are loading faster now as well but still hang)

I can defo state that shadow settings can now be reduced without much loss in visual appearance but giving a considerable increase in fps. (using medium and optimal blur now)
    Visor seems to trouble the framerate as well, only slightly but for me I can use anything.

@Tim
    The helmet issue seems related to the automated HDR profile, which you are probably aware of. when choosing other profiles the effect is reduced, when turning HDR off it is gone and a perfectly normal helmet.

Personally this is a big spoiler for me tbh, I am so much enjoying rf2, and the replays, its almost frigging real at times. but then that helmet...spoils the whole thing.
    Cant even create decent event-posters anymore lol.
    If the answer remains...its the tracks, they need to do this and that right, then its going to be an issue forever. and even on ISI tracks btw. i'd rather have something permanent or at the minimum tips on how to create a helmet myself that would take this effect away.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh btw guise, in case you had not discovered yet, after I found I could mass-delete vmods I decided after re-installing rf2 to paste the entire packages-backup back into the fresh install, selected all of them, pressed install, grabbed a cup of coffee and presto, all was done and dusted :)

3. JGraf

JGraf Registered

this oughta really make your day.

Player File
    [ Miscellaneous ]
    Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory="0"

4. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Dedicated Server and client working.

Issues at the moment:
    - Micro Stutter
    - Game crashes when ingame (MP) car changed (every time happen when new car selected)

5. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Sorry Mr. @Denstjro, I didn't mean to be rude directly to you...
    But...what answers? We don't get answers anywhere here, just talk-talk-talk until a new "I-promisse-now-it-will-work-build" is released...
    Sorry to be pissed and be a bit rude but this is a PITA...
    All past builds were a POS, and this one is the same, and everytime some guys point the fingers on those who's having issues saying "it's a problem on your end, did you do this, did you do that...etc..."
    IT'S not a problem on our end, the problem is on ISI's end that just don't know HOW to realease a reliable racing simulator.
    AND WE ARE PAYING FOR THAT!
    OK, the game is great WHEN IT WORKS, but it is just not working for so long and for so many of us...just scroll thru the past builds forums and you´ll have the idea...

The JOIN issue wasn't fixed. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Same for the GET MOD...
    Game is now feezeing and stutering like it never had...not only for me but to many I know that have the most recent "NASA" computers.
    My CPU usage during the league's test race this afternoon was below 30% with 15 drivers at Sepang. I was having freezes and stutterigs and radical frame drops like I never had.
    I'm also having these issues (freezes/stutering/frame drops) even practicing off-line!
    BUT I'M not having them if I use my 382 install off-line...and 382 was also a problematic build!

I'm sure Mr. Tim is doing his best efforts to have these issues sorted out, but this game is now what... 3 years old?... and the issues persists, and they are getting worse build after build!
    Isn't it just the time to have them fixed? Shouldn't ISI dev team stop working on cars/mods/tracks releases and focus ALL their efforts in fixing all this mess once and for all?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You make some valid points Luiz, though the way you say some things might ruffle some feathers.

None of that takes away from the fact that to fix a problem, you need to know what it is. And that means ruling out a whole heap of possible causes (bad settings etc) before working out that, yes, there is an issue.

So we can't just have someone come in, say "this doesn't work" and it gets fixed. There needs to be some help (from the user) in order to find the problem. Should ISI have found some things that later get reported? Probably yes... but with the number of different hardware configurations people could have (and might experience their own issues with) there will always be some things that happen to some people and not others.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

"Yup.....all the artists working on the cars and tracks should stop what they are doing and fix some code.... even though it is not their job!"

That is how you sound... doesn't make sense though does it?

8. Pits

Pits Registered

The "foundation" should always work, if it doesn't your building on something that's already broken, this is not clever stuff.

1. Never make it worse
    2. Know your limitations and of those around you
    3. Always listen to the punters (the public)
    4. Never (ever) promise what you don't deliver (let alone put a video out of it)
    5. Never make it worse..........................................................................

A brain surgeon is always better than a rocket scientist

Those little stutters are not good, never had them before a few builds ago, it's almost like it's worse than before :)

No real complaints here we had huge fun last night in a race, and beats RF1 hands down.
    FunFactor is high with this game. Cringe factor at medium with the post.

9. DmSProject

DmSProject Registered

I've got the exact same problem since the update of a fresh install.

10. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

Well @Woodie, it makes sense to me, but that's just my opinion...
    rF1 was a (nice...) simracing plataform that came with only a few cars/tracks out of ISI box, and the comunity filled it with thousands of excelent stuff.
    It was reliable, it was playable, it was fun, and that's what we should expect from a simulator.
    Build after build the fun is just vanishing in the haze...not only for me but too many simracing fans.
    I'm 55, no computer magician, but I'm a rFactor lover (1 and 2!), and as a relatively succsseful business man I know that if something is going wrong in my company I have the OBLIGATION to fix it to have my clients plenty satisdfied.
    If the problem is with the "art departament", then fire and/or hire someone to have things fixed.
    If the problem is in the "hardware departament" just do the same: focus your efforts in the complexity of the issues and try to have things fixed, a.s.a.p..

Why do some problems (like this Join/Get Mod issues) that weren't present on late builds are now present in the recent ones? That is what annoys some of us...
    I had rF2 working 100% perfectly in my rig (specs attached) until B382!
    Now it is not working fine, and why's that?
    I upgraded my video-card to GTX650 and things got WORSE?
    What have changed?
    Do I need to upgrade all my rig just because of a new build?

Yes, make the artist stop working and have them cleaning the floor or something else and let us have the fun back and have this kind of forum (build issues...) empty...wouldn't it just be nice?

11. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

This is a total nonsense. There is no any point to stop the content development as it is a complete separate process working outside the code roadmap. Guys working on code are programmers or GFX professionals. Guys working on contents are 3D and 2D Artists as for guys working just on car physichs are experts in that area.

12. elbo

elbo Registered

Wow...this build really take me back....to the incessant stuttering of the first builds:(

13. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Did you install over the top,auto update or a clean install?

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I had terrible performance, deleted the contents of the CBash, Shaders and results file (3.6GB of data?!?! wtf?!) and the problem was solved for me.....

I had great fun on the ISI megane and Skippy server last night, thanks.

15. elbo

elbo Registered

Auto update, deleted cbash, shaders, results files...stutters still there.

16. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I was referring to another user trying to help you out with a suggestion.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/18901-Build-590-Released?p=259041&viewfull=1#post259041

And that kinda response will make people shy away from you offering suggestions to try and help you, I know I would.

I understand your frustrations but going back to your inner child and stumping your feet in rage is not going to help one bit.
    Also I think Tim should take away caps again from the forum :)

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Update you PC specification please.

18. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

nvidia or ati?
    latest drivers?

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Just to chirp in, in case of a bug or something. Mines worked after the deletion of those files with a nvidia GTX 660 on the latest drivers.

20. mbezik

mbezik Registered

Ive been suffering with micro stutters/pauses and have tried everything from tweaking ssd settings to a whole host of nvidia tweaks and reinstalls of rf2 none of which fixed the damn pauses. i knew it couldn't be the performance of my pc as it is as they say a "ninja" machine running i7 chip, 24 gig ram, evo ssd and gtx 780...well last night i finally managed to stop the pauses, inside the PLR file I changed the line Max Framerate="0.000" to Max Framerate="60" and set the vsync to video and all sign of the pauses were eradicated. i noticed previously when i set the vsync to video the fps would fluctuate between 60-61 and i would see very noticeable micro pauses especially while cornering, since making the changes in the plr my fps now sits rock solid at 60. i would imagine if your running at 120hz you could set it to 120 and this would also fix the problem, unfortunately my projector doesnt allow 120hz except for 3d so i haven't tested this.

another problem ive been suffering was the old transparent trees and i fixed this by turning off AA in game and setting AA in the nvidia control panel, dunno why the in game AA causes this problem.