[WIP] Race Engineer (Spotter) plugin for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Other' started by cosimo, Mar 19, 2014.

1. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Optimum tire and brake temperatures depend on the mod/car. While LMP cars can have brake temps up to 1000°C, street cars may overheat at 200°. So maybe you should make these value configurable.

2. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Yep I think that is needed to or maybe the carstat 2 app can be integrated with the plugin?

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21325-CarStat-2/page2

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

It is already configurable (by vehicle class). It is why i said i put those data as default value

4. Gerald Jacobson

Here the list of sounds (filename and text content) in the wiki.

Note: until i create spotter sounds with TextToSpeech, the "not_enough_fuel.wav" don't have the correct sentence compare to what i have configured in the spotter.

The current wav was used in rF1 to tell when you cannot do more than 1 lap with remaining fuel, but in my spotter, the goal is too tell you if you do not have enough full to finish the session (and the remaining laps using the fuel left should be <= 5)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not sure if I have understood correctly how this plugin works. I didn't get any comments regarding if it's normal if I didn't hear a single laptime or gap announcement during my 10 lap race? Also read that I'm supposed to hear announcement telling me how much faster or slower I am than the cars near me. Did I missed something?

6. Gerald Jacobson

The provided configuration tell you lap and sector time information only in practice and qualifying.

Relative gap with behind and front car (place) is told only in race, every 3 lap and if car behing make the previous lap faster than you (if diff average previous laptime<3s), and if you make the prevous laps faster than the driver in front (if diff average previous laptime< 3s)

7. Gerald Jacobson

Additionnaly, did you at least heard the "Green, Green, Green" at the begin of the race ? If not maybe you have a missplaced spotter dll or spotter config.

Also, someone didn't hear any spotter sound because it a parameter (not known which one) of its PC was in 5.1 and so didn't played spotter "mono" wav

8. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ok, I didn't hear those things you say I should hear in race...

9. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yeah, I heard green green green. But only at one race start... after that it just crashed to desktop after race start.

Files are where readme file informed me to put them.

10. Gerald Jacobson

For those ones (NextSlower and BehindFaster), i need to make more test to see if they are triggered corectly

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe it could be wrong or not, depends on the cars and the track. Just a crazy idea, but would be nice to set the min/max temps for the plugin ingame ;-)

12. Backdraft26

Backdraft26 Registered

Great thank you Gerald :)

13. Gerald Jacobson

I see that the Class configuration seem not clear, here a most detailed explanation.

When the plugin take a value from the Spotter.ini, it start to take this parameter in a section who have the name of the VehicleClass (rF2 data provided by the plugin API) and if this parameter have not been overrided in the VehicleClass section (or if this section does not exists), it will read the parameter in the [DEFAULT] section.

So for example (as i don't know which value to put, i just put different value - not realistic values):
    Code:
    [DEFAULT]
    v:breakTooHot=600
    v:breakTooCold=300
    v:tireTooHot=105
    v:tireTooCold=80

[SkipBarber_National]
    v:breakTooHot=900
    v:breakTooCold=600

[Kart Junior]
    v:breakTooHot=400
    v:breakTooCold=100
    v:tireTooHot=135
    v:tireTooCold=100

This example mean that if you enter the session with :
    - a Kart Junior: the optimal break range is between 100 and 400 and for tires is 100 and 135
    - A SkipBarber_National: the optimal break range is between 600 and 900 and for tires is 80 and 105 (only tire temp come from [DEFAULT])
    - Any other car class: the optimal break range is between 300 and 600 and for tires is 80 and 105 (tire and break temp come from [DEFAULT])

IMPORTANT: You can override any parameter (except debugMode), so you can use a specific Rule for for a given VehicleClass (for example if you want a different level of detail and rule for NASCAR)
    Code:
    [SkipBarber_National]  // i know it is not a NASCAR class :)
    v:breakTooHot=900
    v:breakTooCold=600
    Rules.file=SkipBarber.ini
    maxDetailLevel=4

So it is why i asked advice for the default values. But if someone want and can provide me data for several or each ISI car, i will be very happy ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  14. ~IsR~Barabba

~IsR~Barabba Registered

15. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

I get a reproducable CTD about 30 seconds after race started with plugin v0.4

16. Gerald Jacobson

Did you have a clue to reproduce it? do you let the AI driver your car ? else ?

Thx, will look to it

17. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

no more CTDs after reinstall of V0.4 - sorry, dont know what had happened

big hand for your plugin ! driving is much more pleasant now

18. Gerald Jacobson

Ok cool. For info, the last rF2 build have some random crash, ISI is working to find and fix those CTD (off course, in your case, may be it was my plugin in some circonstances)

For information:
    - I will rework the NextSlower and BehindFaster in the next version (not satisfying algorythm)

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Is this the correct way to add a vehicle?

I went in to the Spotter.ini and added this;

Code:
    [Civic_BTCC_Car]
    v:breakTooHot=500
    v:breakTooCold=320
    v:tireTooHot=105
    v:tireTooCold=60

for the BTCC.

Also, how often should we expect chatter? On the first lap in practice I was getting a tires too cold message and after that I was getting lap and flag information. Nothing about tires or breaks. This was in a practice session.

20. Gerald Jacobson

Yes for the Civic (if it is what rF2 provide to the plugin as Vehivle Class)

Actually tire temperature and break are cheched at AnySector, and once a event is played (break or tire) this event will not be replayed during 2 minutes. You can update DefaultEvents.ini to change this value (Spacing).
    Note : there is no message break message when break are in correct temperature range, and same thing for tire. (only if too hot or too cold)

- but i will rework it also, to be played at UpdateScoring (and only after the first lap) instead of AnySector (you can change already that in the DefaultRules.ini if you want, but in this case it will play the two events, for the first time, as soon you enter the car)