Autobahn Conversion

Discussion in 'Locations' started by negb, Mar 17, 2014.

1. negb

negb Registered

Autobahn

Original build By:
    James Mabe
    Origin: Scratch | Real World
    Category: Permanent Circuits
    Initial release: 03-Jul-06

Autobahn Country Club is a circuit designed to provide its members with an enjoyable and challenging course in which to test their skills against one another as well as push their cars to its limits. The course was designed by Alan Wilson who is also responsible for designing courses such as Barber Motorsports Park, Arizona Motorsports Park, Gingerman Raceway and South Carolina Motorsports Park. The course broke ground in early 2004 and the first laps were taken later that fall. The track has since been under constant construction with new facilities and updates to the safety of the course. Autobahn holds many sessions and races for its members. There are also race weekends for WERA, CCS Motorcycles, Midwestern Council and the SCCA.

Conversion and Optimization: Negb

Updates to track:
    Blended grass infield updated
    Real Road
    Increased poly count of track
    Billboard crowd and trees
    Fixed AI issue on 3-18-2014

download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t2VSRVHKlWZ0xKRWZnQkJuSGM/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2014
  2. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

3. shabo

shabo Registered

YESSSS!!!! This track is in my backyard and I use to be a member there as well. Will be very fun being back on this. Thanks again for this!

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Much larger file size, so presumably a better quality conversion than the 0.56a version that's been kicking around for a while?

5. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Would someone mind giving a short review?

6. RJames

RJames Registered

Well I just downloaded and installed.

Honda BTCC with 20 AI in practice all the AI can't exit the pits, some crash straight into others while others stop and reset back to pit stall. So that's as far as i got.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Okay, so file under "very basic conversion"?

8. RJames

RJames Registered

Not sure really i'll have to fire it up when my rigs plugged in to see the rest of the track etc. However it may just be needing a fixed AIW.

9. negb

negb Registered

Yeah I will fix AIW tonight.

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's better in every way frm the 0.56a version except that one had all the original (rF1) layouts. Looks like negb wants to put some effort into this one, so I am sure it will be a favourite before too long.

11. negb

negb Registered

Ok I have figured out the silly mistake I had made. I some how moved the xstart, and xsectors out into the outfield. I have fixed the issue. Now AI works great. Sorry guys noob mistake. I will be adding animation soon and the other course layouts to complete the location. Here is the link with the fix and I also updated the first link on the page: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4t2VSRVHKlWZ0xKRWZnQkJuSGM/edit?usp=sharing

12. mavness

mavness Registered

I cant find this track to download anywhere, every link to his google account is dead. Can anyone help out and provide me with a link?

Thanks!

13. Emery

Emery Registered

You might try the all tracks torrent. I think that's where I picked it up.

14. mavness

mavness Registered

Where can this be found? And thanks! :)

15. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

16. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

AI can not find the way out of the pit lane... :(

Conclusion: unusable.

Best regards

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

We had the same issue with Carolina Motorsports Park (designed by the same real-life designer, by the way). Now, thanks to an angel helper, we were able to release v 0.8 with working AI. Still needs several tweaks, but we have to find ways to keep good tracks alive by fixing them as we can.

FYI, I have pretty high standards when it comes to tracks. I have two versions of Autobahn in my installation because neither of them is clearly superior to the other. I can't remember the details of either, because neither is worth using on a regular basis, but if you love this track, help get some help to work on a usable release. We have two base platforms to work from.

18. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

This is a track I really want to remake, the conversion I tried of it really wasn't good. However so far I haven't gotten really good accurate data on it, someone gave me some gps data but like most common market vehicle mounted gps its all over the place and not very useable. Also Gingerman Raceway was also designed by the same guy, he really gets around with track designs here in the US, considering I like the tracks he designed I'd really like to meet him at some point.

Keith Carter likes this.
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

Gingerman, this one and CMS are all really fun and interesting tracks--very well designed. CMS looks kind of boring, but is actually a great layout for mid powered cars.

20. Emery

Emery Registered

Er, uhm I believe there's free public aerial LiDAR data for this track?

See this thread: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22897-Emery-s-Public-LiDAR-Database?p=346682#post346682