Jops 2009 Build 573 Test Server

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by negb, Mar 15, 2014.

1. negb

negb Registered

Ok seems like the latest Unstable build 573 has worked out some of the issues with build 494. Last night I was able to join several servers in multi player without issue. Get mod seemed to work on almost every server with a couple exceptions. I have setup a dedicated server with Jops for people to test out. The name of the server is Jops2009TestBuild573. I will keep the server up for a few days for people to test out the new build.

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Uh oh... I can't click join...

Might be because I don't have the mod though... And I suppose you don't have get-mod working!

3. negb

negb Registered

Ok I am uploading the mod right now. I will post a link in a few minutes.

4. negb

negb Registered

5. TJones

TJones Registered

I've got a greyed out "Mod/Join" button also, shouldn't there be a lighten "Mod" button at least?

@Bjorn - i also got an greyed out button from your server just before it went offline.

all other server i tried several times now, are fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  6. TJones

TJones Registered

I tried again Sunday around noon, and "MOD" button was OK then.

About Bjorn's server i presume it was already offline, maybe seconds before, but still shown in list until update.

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Not if negb doesn't have a server to provide the mod... That is another thing to set up... Not everybody has an http server at their hands...

You'll have to download his mod manually and install it, then I'm sure you can join his server :)

About my server, TJ, I've shut it down, I can put it up again anytime and it'll work I'm sure... As long as I change the IP-adress to the following dynamic internal IP adress I sadly have in my 'homegroup'... I still have to read-up on how to 'nail it down'...

If I had 168.1.1.12 today, I might have .13 or .14 all depending on the other devices in the household... When I shut my PC down it most likely gets another internal IP the next time it's turned on, if other devices has utilized the network in the meantime...

8. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

This should be a very easy thing to do if you can access the modem/router you're using to connect to the internet. would suggest to google "your router name"+addressing+configuration, that should give you enought good results.

9. TJones

TJones Registered

Well, i'm not shure about that. Maybe i'm wrong but from my understanding the "JOIN/MOD" button should always lighten up, even the hoster doesn't give a download link to rF2.
    An active MOD button is needed to load mod info at first.

No problem with your server, was just a little confused about the greyed join button atm. But was because the server was offline already i presume.

10. lenyj1963

lenyj1963 Registered

Noticed issues in build 573 though not as much as in the previous build. Some of the problems that I encountered are the same as the others posted here in the forum. (I don't want to sound repetitive) For instance the greyed out button is still a factor at times. It either takes time to activated or it doesn't activate at all. And, for instance after joining a server, the server will crash back to the MP window (I encountered that at the Brianza track) Though other than that all is well.