Anyone interested to help with 2014 F1 season mod?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Acestumacher, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

I am appealing to the community here at ISI, there are many talented guys here who know a thing or two!!, I need help to get these cars ingame and to work on the overall physics, sounds, and paints.

Please if you have some time and would like to be involved please let me know.

Many thanks Stuart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CobraGamer

CobraGamer Registered

Yes! I want this mod!
    I would like to help you, but I'm not a modder... I hope you get help!

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

why not consider collaborating with someone like rft ?

no doubt their version will be coming of 2014 I'm sure they need all the help they can get

with all the changes to the 2014 f1 car this should be an interesting & exciting project

please ISI give us KERS even if initially it's in a basic form

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

well, 2014 cars are far more complicated in terms of boost than just a simple KERS. And rF2 doesnt have anywhere near the features required to realistically reproduce it. And to add even more to the joy, the current ERS boost system is directly working with the highly limited fuel load and fuel flow regulations. To make it even more complicated.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

A basic 2014 mod would actually be easier because there's no driver activated KERS. Of course you can't do the braking oddities but at some point some/all of the teams will have that ironed out and it won't be such an issue. So just change the torque curve, limit the revs, have a few boost levels with higher/lower fuel use and power and you're set.

Those of us still doing previous seasons have to do without a KERS button.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I haven't looked into it properly, but while making my "personal F1 2014 mod" I stumbled upon the boost settings; they are there......
    AND; you can assign a button to a boost setting. So; I am confident that KERS can't/won't be such a problem?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

KERS was available for 6.6 seconds per lap, and if you want to get really tricky should need charging up first. So you can't do that with boost.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Ah, like that you mean.........nope, than it's tricky.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

they have ERS now which is not driver activated

but do the drivers still have a button for KERS ( or some kind of boost ? )

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the ERS is all automated. No button for the drivers anymore.

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

All we need is the 8th gear, some type of fake ERS, maped in a way to resemble the feature, and the DRS ! (that we can see already is in use) , .. I think it can be done ! altho it would have to be in a way that directly resembles the ERS without actually using kenitic energy ? .. its hybred technology basically with no button ,it uses the "K" energy to help the smaller 6 clyenders delever more power and consume less fuel !

can this be done ?

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

There are buttons on the steering wheel to manually activate boost

The very often mentioned "Overtake button" means use all ERS energy for short period of time to overtake, also there are modes that the driver can manually adjust, and the pit crew will tell him on radio which mode do they want him to go with at given moment.
    Sometimes they see in the garage that the charge is quite low, so they will tell him code for the mode and he will change it, sometimes the charge is too high - means hes not using all power he has - and they tell him to use modes that use more "K". But yes, the system is otherwise fully automated and reacts to drivers fuel consumption in order to finish the race with only 100Kg of fuel.

Currently it simply cannot be done in rF2 realistically and to my knowledge even the seemingly simple KERS cannot be done realistically, as KERS is also charged by engine braking, where ERS is even more complicated, because that is charged by both engine braking (MGU-K) and heat from front brakes (MGU-H) (MGU=Motor generator Unit, K=Kynetic, H= Heat)
    Both MGU-K and MGU-H than deliver the energy into the battery to store the energy for later, OR they can deliver it back streight into the Crank shaft to aid the ICU (Internal combustion unit = engine) as both MGUs can recover energy, but also they can use energy to generate torque. That is the massive advantage of MGUs, as they do both charging up and using energy to generate torque. (Not sure if MGU-H is used for generating torque or if it is only MGU-K that does, as MGU-K is connected directly to crank shaft, but i dunno if MGU-H is too)

rF2 is a game that does not fake anything, they always implement features in their full size, sometimes they implement stuff periodically but eventually it will reach the full feature content. That is why even KERS is tricky.. it would not be so diffucult to implement A boost of 80 HP for 8 sec a lap. What is tricky is the charing of it. In case of KERS, when you are fully charged up, or fully used up, you no longer have any engine braking. That is why the F1 drivers used to always used a little bit of KERS right after they crossed the line and started a new lap, and they rarerly used aboslutelly everything of it, they kept a little bit left. They only used all of the KERS on the final streights where they would not need engine braking untill their KERS gets refilled again.

Simply to do all this, there is a lot in it and it only is for very few racing classes. i believe ISI is trying to cover as wide sort of content as possible, so perfecting F1 is not a priority

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
  13. johnconner

johnconner Registered

14. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

15. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

16. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

they look fantastic! Not such an F1 fan anymore but they really look good models.

17. Scofield

Scofield Registered

18. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

They look great,awesome job! :)

19. CobraGamer

CobraGamer Registered

Mmmhh... Looks very well! Awesome work!

20. Acestumacher

Acestumacher Registered

[​IMG]

Could do with some extra help on the packaging side of things if anyone is interested, send me a pm please.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014