Change player name rf2!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adzzzy, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Adzzzy

Adzzzy Registered

hi guys does any one know how to change your name in RF2?CHEERS

2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

4. PMC

PMC Registered

Seriously what was that for ,no help ,and you made me look at a stupid youtube clip and an advertisement :confused: Ah humour :rolleyes:

Firstly , make sure you return the backup if you have done a reformat . Important , also if you need to reactivate . (Also don't backup the one you've changed like I did :eek: )

Secondly , if you lose your back up you can change the properties of the .rFactor folder from read only , start the game and it will restore the original . ( Not sure if the properties revert to read only , but check )

Thirdly , Tim has warned that doing this 'may' affect thing's in the future .

Fourthly , I use this to change my name http://www.gamefront.com/files/24098005/rFactor2ProfileChanger_exe , Changing your name doesn't affect updates so far .

Fifthly , cant think of one right now but probly will :D oh ! I did , there is a name and nickname entry in the .plr file ( I dont think they do anything for MP ), maybe change those also to be double sure .

Sixthly , yes I thought of another one , the main and most 'Important' one . You can email Tim and he 'might' do it legit from there end . He would prefer this , "As long as he thinks its harmless"

PS @ Tim , I made a comment in a similar thread that I might not be able to remember what was in my original .NAME file (Forgetting your name seem's strange :eek: ). Originally in the first builds the game would only display real names , so I used my nickname I used at the time as my real name . I was just a bit confused what combination of caps and such i'd used back then is all , nothing dodgy . :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  6. PMC

PMC Registered

I have a link to the one I use in my post , maybe yours is better :)

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

there prolly the same lol

8. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Yo Tim Weatgley, a question:

In rF2 main screen, under player options i see my actual profile with nickname i use. My question is: we will (or will we) ever be able to chande this profile, allowing having 2 or plr files in userdata folder?

ps: if something like this is supposed to happen it solves my problem of keeping 2 different plr with different seat pitches orientation depending on type of car i´m driving instead keep moving files across folders to achieve my goal.

9. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Your name scares you so much? :)

10. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned