Antivirus/Firewall Blocking download vmods

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by SnijdersB, Mar 6, 2014.

1. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Still having same issue with my internetsecurity as I was having with B494. My Bitdefender internet security makes it impossible to download vmods from the servers.
    This doesnt happen when I install avast(free), I need to do a full uninstall of the software it isnt enough to completly turn off the firewall+antivirus. With avast I do get a warning everytime I start mas2.exe, it does work but it does say the program is a risk.
    For the rest all the problems I had with previous build seem to have been solved, thanks to everybody who worked on that!

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thanks

3. 88mphTim

It seems they do not accept reports of false positives and the like from people who aren't using their product. You'll have to contact them yourself about this.

4. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Not getting any reports of the software saying it blocked something it just does;) but will send them an email about it later.

5. joekart

joekart Registered

Hello,
    I have the same problem with bitdefender.
    Seeing your thread, i uninstalled it and all works perfectly now. I installed microsoft security essential previously.
    Thanks a lot for your post, it helps a lot.

6. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Good to hear could help...

Well I sent an email to bitdefender asking about this problem, not expecting too much but you never know. Wouldn´t hurt tho if you´d send an email about the same subject to bitdefender @Joekart and same goes for everybody else who has this same problem!

7. 88mphTim

Thanks guys.

8. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

got a respons from bitdefender about the problem and they are looking in to it, asking me to test several things.... I´ll keep you up to date on any progress