Hosting from Home server

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by R1CHO, Mar 6, 2014.

1. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

With Build 494 and now 515 we are still having the same issue hosting from our own machines besides one person ... who has never made a vmod (relevent i dont know?) but this is literally the only thing different besides our pc's he has the same modem, thomson TG782T both with the same port settings,, with all ports forwarded . this was the only other difference up until now but now they are set the same and still no luck . .. Is it something to do with the MM still ?

Our situation is
    A. 1 person from home can host anything, but cant make mods and never has hosts 494 and 515 no issues joining
    B. Race servers No problems with joining with 494 still on 494
    C. practice servers from home server on a separate machine to that persons race machine can host and create vmods, currently no issues joining with 494
    D. Every one else who could host and create vmods up until 494 can now only host a server that they can join. any one else who attempts to join just gets the greyed out join button in 494 and 515

couple more things aswell

Also i made 1 vmod with the mas2 tool in 515 and now it crashes everytime i try to make a new 1 .. same as my 494 install mas2 tool any ideas? or anyone else getting this?

cars seem to slide more in 494 and 515 does any one get this a few have noticed on our side but we are mainly running 3rd party mods.

the auto hdr setting seems to make the cars real chrome looking but when selecting a different hdr profile the reflections look right again
    I have all my settings up high. Apart from that it is starting to look very nice, but anti aliasing cant be up to high it gets a bit flickery

cheers R1CHO

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am not entirely sure what your problems are. Your talking about 494 when this whole subforum is dedicated to 515. Your post is kind of confusing. When you say people can't make vmods? What does that mean? They get an error or simply don't know how to make one?

I haven't had any problems creating vmods with 515, and I have made a ton of them as I was making an AutoHotkey script to automate the process and it took a lot of trial and error to get the bugs out of my script. I figure if anyone could crash the MAS tool it would have been me with my buggy WIP script.

As for hosting servers. I can't even count the number of times I have heard people say, "I opened all the correct ports" to later find out the didn't open all the correct ports or they opened them on their router but not their Windows Firewall or vise versa.

I also get the impression from your post that they are hosting multiple servers on one machine. Am I understanding you right? If so, that opens up a whole new can of worms. There are multiple way to run multiple servers and they all have there snags if not done correctly. Are the doing it with individual dedicated installs or are they doing it on a single install with multiple player profiles. If so, they need to use the +profile "<profilename>" option or else it doesn't set the listening ports correctly.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Agree, we're here to talk about what's going on with 515. The post is too confusing to filter out useful information.

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

I know what ports need to be open i've hosted up until 494 and 515 I changed the way my router was set yesterday . basically so any game I want to Host i can. ie portnm1 and portnm2
    No im not running multiple servers from my machine ,but have set them up before no problem ... i have 494 installed and 515 installed on the same machine

Mas2 crashes when i try to make vmods or edit them But can still create packages for tracks and vehicles

The 1 person who cant make vmods because he has always got an error can host , he has the same modem as me and are both set the same

I am aware that this subforum is for 515, I only mention 494 as it was the only other build that We have the same issue with....
    and I figure 515 is being tested to fix 494.. correct?

if you cannot understand then I dont know

5. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

The HTTP port needs to open for build 494 and above. That default port number is 64297

6. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Hi Guys,
    I have been working on Richo's issue with the guys in OZ. I feel that there might be some misunderstanding in the conversation.
    Basically the focus is on why some people can host on local machine and others can’t.
    They started the quest by looking at what ports were open on the gateway and local fire wall.
    There is one chap "A" that can host and others join on his local machine, another chap "B" with same router same ports open and same build cannot host. I also have to point out that they can all join their own server on their machine. The thinking is that there is a port mismatch. They tried one car one track. (corvette monti carlo) same vmod still nogo. Now to complicate things and not to confuse anyone. chap "A" that can host and others can join, can't make vmods, he used "B" 's vmod. This is so difficult to break down into manageable problems, so hard to describe. So as I see things this is about 515. It is legacy from 494. Hosting was not an issue prior to 494. “A”s vmod issue is off the table ATM
    The question is what ports are needed to host... All the ports including those for getmod, conformation is sort.

Paul
    The silliest question is the one that is not asked.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

While I'm not suggesting running that way the whole time, the best first step when testing serving etc is to try opening everything right up and see what happens. So bypass opening ports etc and just put that machine in the DMZ in your router. Turn off any software firewalls. If it works, you can start working on ports etc. If not, you know something's wrong with your config or the software itself.

8. ElPronto

ElPronto Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  9. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

After much messing around with ports and settings and firewalls we can now host thx to elpronto .. he knows what we did so im not going to explain . i'll leave that to him.I wouldnt want to confuse anybody

mas2 keeps crashing still though when i try to create mod

heres the error from event log
    event id: 1000

Faulting application name: MAS2.exe, version: 2.9.1.20, time stamp: 0x527c0a12
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x54203834
    Faulting process id: 0xc68
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3b60f5742628
    Faulting application path: C:\Users\Jason\Documents\rFactor2\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report Id: 38db5bdb-a754-11e3-bc54-bcaec549b07e

and this...
    event id: 80
    Activation context generation failed for "C:\Users\Jason\Documents\rFactor2\Support\Tools\MAS2.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "" on line . A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active. Conflicting components are:. Component 1: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_fa396087175ac9ac.manifest. Component 2: C:\Windows\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.7601.17514_none_41e6975e2bd6f2b2.manifest.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That's OT to this thread, but I have passed it on, thanks.