Emery's Tilton Gen III Hydraulic Pedals Set

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by 1banger, Mar 4, 2014.

1. 1banger

1banger Registered

Had this set for a while and can say without a doubt, the best feeling brake pedal I have
    used to date. Sold my CST's for these and can say it was a great move! Here, they are
    set up for a "GT Car" feel. You can see the hydraulic slave cylinder working on those
    black urethane dampers! Not so much the harder red ones!

2. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Very nice. Can I ask is the clutch hydraulic as well as the brake, or is that a dual cylinder brake bias? Seems like quite a bit of extra expense if it is dual cylinder.
    Also could you tell us a bit more about the sim xperience rig, as trying to ask the company anything by email is a pointless exercise. Do yo have 3 actuators or just 2? Do you know what length and speed they are? Do you have simvibe tactile feedback as well? how many kickers if so. Was it easy to set up? lol you don't have to answer the last one.

Also looks like you are running multiview how I always imagined it would look done properly, what angle are your side monitors at? looks about 45 degrees.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2014
  3. 1banger

1banger Registered

These are actually a Tilton Racing Pedal set that Emery converts to his Sim pedals. So there is no hydraulic clutch, and yes it is a dual cylinder setup for front and rear brake bias adjustment. It's a Stage 4 rig witch includes the traction loss, 3 actuators in all. Full SimVibe setup using their mounting brackets at all four corners. Also has a GS4 seat, with 5th transducer mounted to bottom of GS4, all controlled through their Sim Commander software. Setup wasn't too bad, had to do some filing and drilling to get everything properly done up.

Monitors are at a 60° angle about 22" from my face.

Hope that helps!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

It does indeed, thanks. What monitors are those? Refresh rate, lightboost? It all looks super smooth, everything looks right. I have 3 new monitors turning up today and have resolved to modify things for a proper multiview experience as you have there. hah as I typed the deliveryman showed up! Time for unpacking. Do the pedals have their own custom board? How do they show up in your usb devices? I intend to make some custom pedals much like yours, and am debating whether to use a clubsport board or is there some other HID input board that suits, hall sensor for gas and clutch and 3 wire pressure sensor for brake.

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Nice review on the ARC Carbon pedals, how would you compare the Emery's to those? Which would you prefer? Thanks!

6. 1banger

1banger Registered

The Emery brake pedal is still one of the best out there IMO. However, I feel I have more adjustability with the ARC brake pedal, and it feels different than the Emery, but still, very good. I am able to threshold, and trail brake,
    just as well with either one. Also the clutch and throttle on the ARC's are more adustable than the Tilton 600's.
    You also have to consider that the ARC's are around 500.00 more than Emery's top of the line Gen III's.
    I am doing a proper review on the Emery's but I need to finish my Leo Bodnar SimSteering system review first.

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

great setup 1banger

I use similar pedals ( hydraulic tilton based -put them together myself), after using them for a few months I want to change the spring/dampers in the brake slave cylinder just to get that perfect feel, also reduce travel of accelerator pedal

once we have hydraulic we can never go back!

p.s bodnar wheel great also!

8. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Thanks for the reply 1banger. Look forward to the reviews you are working on.

9. oqvist

oqvist Registered

Yes when do you think you are getting the HE pedals or have you gotten them already?