Build 494 league issues and what I did to fix them -> race server admins join thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Round 1 of a championship I'm running is coming up next week and when I updated my server to Build 494 about half of the drivers could not connect to my server anymore. One day they could... then I updated... next day they could not. Also GetMod wasn't working so new drivers could not get on the server either because they couldn't automagically get the rfmod. This is an issue with the update, not with the mod or server. But I can sit here and curse the darkness all day, instead I decided to light this candle and share with others what I did- and hopefully others will share what they did and not turn this into a whining thread.

This thread is to relate to other admins what works and what doesn't.

Post update issues I have:
    Issue one- GetMod would not work
    Issue two- Some folks could not join
    Issue three- this new feature where you can hop in another car does not work

Issue One and two- same fix. I just had to re-make the rfmod for the server. It has to include no spaces in the name of the mod. I don't know if it was necessary but the name of the server has no spaces either. I used _ instead of spaces. Everyone was able to find and join the server after (the _ character shows up as a space in the MP lobby). I read somewhere that numbers cause an issue that the name of the mod has to be letters only- my rfmod contains numbers and it's not an issue. But mine only has letters and numbers and _ for characters.

Issue three- it doesn't work for me on other servers and doesn't work for anyone else on my server. So I have not found a solution yet.

Also, in your forum, post the rfmod somewhere as an attachment so if someone still has issues, they can just hop on the forum and get it direct. LiveRacers is unaffected by the update. Old RealRoad profiles are working Ok too.

2. RJames

RJames Registered

Not sure why you are having a issue with number 3. On the URD public server I've been able to switch between each car in the mod and confirmed whilst I was giving someone else basic racing tutorials he was able to switch with no issues.

I've not changed a single setting also since before the update. So could it be a cached issue somewhere? On each of my installations (server) including my local machine I cleared the CBash folder out, that's the only thing i've done since.

Also for issue 2, i had a few people report being unable to join. However this relates to the matchmaker issue of which I spotted Jeremy tweeted earlier saying he has a code submit for that.

Regards

Rob

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Issue one- GetMod would not work and Issue two- Some folks could not join, no spaces works to our server, I have no complains that players can not join, refresh in MP lobby must be used if join bottom is grey.

Issue three- this new feature where you can hop in another car works fine with all vmods.

Problem with Build 494 vmods is that MAS2 don't allow you to register your vmod online.This means you can not control you own vmods and if you need to change something with you mod you must make new vmod. I used Build 382 MAS2 to avoid this problem.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I am kind of confused. How would you ever be able to change a mod without building a new vmod? Even when the "optional" registration dialogue was still available.

5. DocJones

DocJones Registered

I tested this on a few public servers with both with my old (updated) and a new, fresh b494 install. On some servers it works without issue, on others I get a CTD when hitting the 'race' button to jump in the car to drive. Couldn't make out a pattern yet.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

MAS2 / Create the package file / Edit Existing Mod Package
    Before you use Package bottom remember to edit version: xx

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Are you using AI when race?

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I can't join anything online. I'm going through withdrawal here.

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Did you do anything special to make it work or did you just get lucky enough that it just worked for you with no fuss at all?

10. tom ilsbroux

tom ilsbroux Registered

Punting a "_" in the servername doesn't work Correctly. In the lobby the "_" will appear and disappear. Only when its there you can join. So don't change a space by "_" in the servername but use a "-"

11. RJames

RJames Registered

Nope nothing changed on our setup at all bud.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This is Practise-only. you prolly know but just making sure :)

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

As far as I can tell, none of these fixes solve the problems.

EDIT: Also, car swapping function was working in this build. I have used it and seen others use it.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Game Name: ! F3 Fanatics, don't work
    vmod: F3_Fanatics_World_Cup_Rnr_1, don't work

I made vmod and online test with my server.

Game Name: -F3-Fanatics- works fine you can join and re-join as many times you like.
    vmod: F3-Fanatics-World-Cup-Rnr-1 get mod works fine.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

For mine ever since that " join/leave ai bug" build# it has never recovered to it's past performance which was very good from Build45

16. jjcook

jjcook Registered

Im sorry Ari but this does not work....i cannot join servers named this way any better than any other server...and every time there seems to be some trick or way to make it work....its does not! yes it will for someone sometimes but it does not fix the problems

i can join servers if i do this or that , but its completely random for me and if one method of getting on a server works once , it surely wont if i leave and try to come back ...ive been on f3 several times, and several times was not able to.....same with every server.........ISI needs to fix it

17. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes we need fix you can try to join my servers they seem to work. If join bottom is grey use refresh bottom.
    Game Name : -Fun2Race.net-1-

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Only one of your rooms lights up for me Ari

No way I can "MOD" on any 4 ISI servers or 200 others ( deleted the BT20 mod testing ..... silly me )

This morning even BBs ( F3 Fanatics) is dead to me, not for 2 hours all day.

Anyway this line could it be a issue.

Unique ID=" ****** " // Helps to uniquely identify in multiplayer (along with name) if leaving and coming back

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes there is no doubt that build 494 is unstable.

I can se that you have redone you dedicated (Rockies) server Game - and vmod name. I can join you server and get mod works fine too.