SOLVED Anti-Aliasing broken in Build 494 (Bug)

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by MarcG, Mar 2, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Deserves its own Bug thread but as it's technically technical I'll post it here too:

I thought it was just me but just done some tests and came to two reasons why AA is broken in this Build:

1) Visually no difference between NONE & x8 in game, also no difference with CCC Overriding and NONE & x8EQ Multisampling. I have taken multiple screenshots and there is no visual differenmce at all, all screenshots are identical.
    (Supersampling does work as expected but this gives a massive FPS drop as known).

2) Between the in-game & CCC settings there is no FPS difference between any of them, always the constant same results, again this massively points towards a failing of the AA as with previous Builds there was a big drop in FPS between NONE and x8.

Fresh 494 install & PLR used.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Hmmm odd. It's working here.

Just tested on my laptop running a dedicated mobile ATI gpu. Double checked on another machine running a HD6870 with latest official driver. Same on nVidia GTX 780. I can't reproduce the issue.

no ingame AA - no CCC overriding

View attachment 11815

8x AA - no CCC overriding

View attachment 11816

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

hmm that is odd, determined to figure out why. What AMD Drivers are you using? 13.12 for me

4. Tuttle

13.12 yeah.

I had a similar issue in the past on the HD6870 machine. Probably caused by multiple driver installations/update without a proper cleaning between them.

I solved uninstalling everything ATI related and then using Driver Sweeper to remove any trace from ATI, running the system in Safe Mode and then re-installing the driver from scratch.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

ok I'll try that as I have the time but there were no problems with the previous build and I've not changed drivers for ages now, will report back :)

6. Tuttle

Interesting.

Let me know how is going. I'm here. ;)

7. Jul

Jul Registered

I don't know if it is a known bug, but for me, the option in the settings does not work: Even if I select level 1, 2 or 3 from the "configure sim" in the launcher or from the settings menu ingame,
    the level stay to "none"

I have to set AA from the Catalyst menu.

my card is a ATI Radeon 6950 with Catalyst 14.1

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks Tuttle a full uninstall/reinstall worked, bewildered as to why AA stopped working though, only thing updated recently was regular Windows 8.1 updates so maybe there was something in those that triggered the graphics driver to stop working correctly.
    Either way all sorted, thank sgain :)

9. Tuttle

Great!!

@ Jul

I suggest you to do the same. :)

10. Jul

Jul Registered

Problem solved :) Thanks

11. Jul

Jul Registered

Not completely solved because trees are transparent on some tracks (Croft, Posnan,etc.) when using rF 2 AA, but no problem using Catalyst AA configuration.

Maybe a problem with the tracks not using the right property?

12. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

The problem is in tracks by Feels3 (Poznan, Croft, Putnam..) when Transparency AA is enabled in .PLR file.
    If you want to fix the trees, find that line in player.plr and switch from "1" to "0".