Problem with speed in cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lebuz, Mar 2, 2014.

1. lebuz

lebuz Registered

Hi I have problem with a speed for a friend, I put my old pc in her hands, he and me enter an a private server and he road very slow, if we put 3rd rear to maximun in clio for example the velocity is 127kmh for me an for her but my car its more faster, its posible for the old processor amd 2x3000+ that problem?

Enviado desde mi thl T100S mediante Tapatalk

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe the pitlimiter was still on.

Or the throttle pedal was not working correctly (i.e. not giving 100%) check that in settings/controls, slam the throttle and see the bar go up. should be all the way up.
    If this was indeed the case let him re-calibrate the wheel in windows before re-setting in rf2.

I doubt its the cpu.

3. lebuz

lebuz Registered

No, itÅ› strange, at the same velocity my car its more faster, and an acelerate my car more faster too, if he goes to 127km/h in 3rd gear to maximum at limit rpm, and I put behind in the same condittion my car overtake her car repeat at same velocitty , if I put my car behind my friend it said 127kmH and I have 105 kmH

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  4. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Probably the brake is on slightly, check in controls and press the brake min button. Often happens with my pedals I have to check it all the time.

5. lebuz

lebuz Registered

maybe I have not explained well

If running them in parallel he speedometer mark its 127 and my 105 and when I get to 127 goodbye my friend

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

lebuz appears to be saying when both players have the same speed shown for their cars, one is going faster than the other. Sounds like one is running slow motion, and yes, CPU could be a factor there. I'm guessing the AMD 3000+ CPU you refer to has an actual clock speed around 2GHz; rF2 has a requirement of 2.4GHz, so anything near or lower than that may not be able to run the game at full speed.

7. lebuz

lebuz Registered

Problem solved, in bios settings disable in chipset options thermal throthle

8. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I'm glad we could help :)

9. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

If you have disabled thermal throttling in the bios and this resolved the issue, then all I can say is expect the processor to fail at some point soon. Thermal throttling is there for a reason, to protect the CPU from damage should it be running hot. The fact that the sim runs smoother by disabling this option tells me that your cooling is inadequate and you really need to look into a better cooling solution rather than disabling a safety option in the bios.

10. lebuz

lebuz Registered

Not sure, finally put a 4x2600 with the same issue, and the cooler its coolmaster 212 , its not probable 2 procesors fail in these mother, but finally work, thanks

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

His sim is falling out of realtime processing on his computer. For whatever reason, he has overloaded his PC to the point the software can't run properly.