Is there going to be another update?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CCBB SIM Racing, Mar 2, 2014.

1. CCBB SIM Racing

CCBB SIM Racing Registered

I am really getting pissed that no one can join my server.
    I really don't want to waste my time for nothing and have to start all over again with another build.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Try restarting your server with nothing but letters in it's title? I think that is the bug at the moment. You are "in the same boat" as many people here that had "foreign" characters in either the mod name or server name. There are a few threads about it in the bug reports.

3. CCBB SIM Racing

The thing is my server is a PUBLIC server where there is no website and the idea of the game server is click download and play.
    Well that is a big screw up for my server and I am paying for a server that no one can join. 494 build is a total failure.

4. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Have you done what Woodee suggests?

5. CCBB SIM Racing

Yes and more. Dave and I been all night trying to figure it out and nothing. The MOD download still fails. I even created a new series mod and place it in the my document packages and made sure by copy and paste one from the packages in the root folder. Checked to see if download was enable and is set to "1" in the Multiplayer ini in both files.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You do not use space in your vmod name?

7. C3PO

C3PO Registered

SimHQ SCES server is running fine, we can connect no problem. Had 14 on a full run test couple of days ago. Why not post your VMOD here and get people to download it and then connect to your server, if this is the issue. Temporary workaround.

8. CCBB SIM Racing

FIXED

Thanks Ari

example. Old name: CCBB NISSAN 370z (does not work)
    new VMOD name:CCBB_NISSAN_370z (works)

9. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Check if you forwarded the new HTTP Port. I wasn't able to host my server until i figured out that the HTTP Port has either changed or there has been an additional Port ( 64297 ).

My Server worked fine until the 494 Build, but since i opened up the port all is well

edit: Sorry you just posted the problem was with the blanks. Maybe someone else will find it useful anyway :)

10. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Not such a total failure after all.

11. CCBB SIM Racing

Well sometime somethings simple we over look when we look for something more complicated lol. With the bugging and all I waited to update the server. I was pissed it didn't work yes, Just that I was waiting to pay for another server again because 8 months ago I dropped my server because of the time consuming running it. Lately the builds were server stable and I just opened up a server last week again confident rF2 is good to go and then it's like wtf, still.. What else at the moment I would think.

12. Radar

Radar Registered

Roll back. A few people already have.