Buid 494 impossible to use whith +ONECLICK option. Track file delete and server crash

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by rada, Feb 28, 2014.

1. rada

rada Registered

IMPOSIBLE TO USE THIS SERVER BUILD ONLINE IN OUR ROOT SERVER

We are a lot of users whith the same problem. Now, only "home servers" can be online. Not datacenter hosted servers because its imposible to have it 24/7/365 online without the auto-start mode.

We are trying to find where is the problem, And find that when you use the +oneclick, the .INI file who have the tracks is deleted, so no track is find, and then the dedicated crash.
    Tested whith a clean vmod made with the ISI cars/tracks of the new build. The server can start without +oneclick, but then you change it and the track file is deleted and the server crahs.

Please ISI solve this problem. We can not upgrade our servers, and thus our drivers. We are stucked on the last build.
    And sure there are thousands of servers affected whith the +oneclick bug.

Not only autostart, but also servers with control panels who use +oneclick can not be upgraded. A lot of serious leagues are affected. And of course, we are not very happy.

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I can confirm +oneclick isn't working anymore.

3. Geo_F1

Geo_F1 Registered

I have exactly the same problm, impossible to joint any server ( ISI official or home, any ), since the new build.
    I have one race in League this sunday....

Please fix this probl asap ISI. :(

4. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

It's important to solve this problem, there are many users that can't fun for rf2 from latest build.
    ISI, please can give a answer?!?!?!?

5. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hello,

We can reproduce this issue exactly.
    +oneclick option crash the server because using +oneclick option delete the tracks inside track file. And a rfactor server without tracks inside track file crash.

We have a lot of customers using rfactor2 dedicated server through tcadmin. All of them can not be upgraded because their servers need this option to start through tcadmin. Also, any customer with root server can not use the auto-start option. If their root server is restarted their rfactor server will not start again until the administrator can log in and start it manually.

This build for us, our customers, and I think so many more people is imposible to use.

Please, we need this option again running in next build.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think I replied in another thread that linked here. Letting devs know.

7. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

What is "+oneclick"?

8. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Thanks Tim. Sure they will solve it in a near future.

Bryan, +oneclick is a command line option that you use to automatic launch a server.

It came from rfactor1 and is necesary if you use a control panel (like tcadmin) to manage servers.
    Also, you can use it to make a startup automation with Windows task Scheduler. Or automated restarts. Really usefull too in root servers with automated updates, restarts, etc.

When you start a server with this option, it directly starts. The server dont stop asking for a mod, track or other options. It take the options from the .PLR and multiplayer.ini files. Also, you must tell the server where is the profile with this options. For this there is another command line: +profile "profile"

Simply add this in the target:
    "C:\path to your server\148\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +path=.. +profile "player" +maxplayers 25 +oneclick
    And test it with the old build to see how it works.

View attachment 11784

9. Ricklandia

Ricklandia Registered

+1 on this thread. HUGE problem for leagues and league admins alike. Hard to imagine how this one got past QC and testing...

10. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

are going to do something with this? or remain dead until the new build?

I do not know if you are aware of the problems caused thousands of people who purchased rFactor2, with this new build, so I think it is very urgent to resolve.

regards

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Seems a lot of people relying on this use it for the various panels for server admins; those providers wouldn't update to an unstable build, so it never got tested. I imagine a number of leagues use a dedicated server where +oneclick isn't a necessity, just something that makes restarting a game server easier. Having said that I hadn't even bothered getting 493, figured if it lasted a few days without going stable I might grab it, because previous unstables didn't last very long either.

12. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Hey,

Thanks for the information. With my NRT server, I have direct access to the desktop and although I may in the future incorporate this feature... For now, Me and the F3 Fanatics! server will use it "as is".

Bryan

13. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hy Bryan,

Yes its very usefull to people with root servers like you. This is how they usually use it;

ex1.
    Suppose you have one (or two) server running F1 mod, but you are going to run Clio Cup every weekend. You can automate the start up. Create a scheduled task in the mornig to first kill servers, and second start them again.
    CMD -> Taskkill /IM "rFactor dedicated server.exe" /F
    CMD -> to shortcut with oneclik, but using profile "player2" where player 2 contain PLR with the clio mod.
    On monday, the same with "player1" who contain the F1 mod.

ex2.
    The same situation but you want to change the day of the race the running conditions (damages, tires, grip, weather ... )
    Or the same situation but want to change every day conditions.

ex3.
    If your server use so much ram, you can kill it and start it again every night. Or if your server need to restart every day for some reason , you can do it. Also every system restart (windows update).

And a lot of more situations ;)

14. rada

rada Registered

Hello,

We have been waiting 4 days to the solution. We can understand some people dont work on weekend, but we can not understand how some people make something broken and dont solve it because its weekend.

Is rfactor2-494 still BETA? , No!, its not beta. Its only an unstable, untested and not working release.

After this 4 days, we hope you can solve the +ONECLICK problem in next 2 days; not to be 1 week waiting for a solution in a non beta software.

All our league still in old build because all aour servers can not be updated. And I think we are not the only ones who can not update. We are a bit unhappy with support.

15. 88mphTim

Apologies for the inconvenience with these issues.

There are issues with the join in the new build to where 382 should be in consideration for your league rather than updating anyway.

There is no further update or support available on this. The devs are aware and working on it, I can reply here more to repeat this, but wasn't capable of doing so while sick this weekend. It'll require a new build, but I can't say yet whether this fix will be in a build, not in a build, or when. There's literally not new info to show support in your issue. The vast majority of time since Friday (meaning the weekend) was taken by the Join button issue, which also requires deployment in a new build.

16. 88mphTim

17. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

18. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

In builds higher than 512. A fix has been committed I have tested that it no longer crashes and loads my last track list.

19. Enetmo

Enetmo Registered

Thanks guys!!!!

20. canastos

canastos Registered

That sounds great!, thanks

Now let's see when it's released (hopefully soon ;))

byyyyyyyye