REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

pay to test seems fair do we get money back for the weeks of no online play or money off our next sub cause if my internet went down for two weeks I'd call up and get that took off my next bill. I'll try the unstable but its a bit of a joke we're left in the dark trying to find workarounds with no to little help from those who broke it by releasing an unstable patch.Like I said we all need to let them know this ain't good enough is all I'm saying.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I think 55 pages of mostly unsatisfied costumers is letting them know. Believe me they know :)

But its safe to assume they are not rushing any fixes, that would make it even worse. Last thing I saw was that they hope to be able to release the new stable build before this weekend so fingers crossed.

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

So you are not gonna help test the unstable builds then?

4. cambo83

cambo83 Registered

Didn't say I wouldn't try it got it on now in fact see the two servers and can join on them but can't get on any other servers as the get missing components don't work tried installing packages from my original install try to go to manange mods and it crashes lol can't win :(

5. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Registered

I understand Your view. By the way, i ve tested the unstable build and it Works very good for me. Joining possible! No other issues i had. As i told, i understand your Post, and I was dissappointed too that we can t Play online for Weeks . The way it was handled is Not good but the are trying to fix it and thats the point. ISI can be Lucky to made the Best race simulator (physics) with all the great Features. Hope lots of racers agree and be patiend and Not go away to other simracing programmes. :) sry for my bad english :)

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI G700-U10 mit Tapatalk

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Did you read this about Unstable rFactor 2 Builds?

All information, documentation, or software (“Information”) is being provided “AS IS”. Image Space Incorporated does not and cannot warrant this Information (including any fixes and updates) or the performance or results obtained by using it. Image Space Incorporated makes no warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to, non-infringement of third party rights, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent you use or implement this Information, you do so at your own risk. In no event will ISI be liable to you or others for any damages arising from your use or your inability to use any of the information, documentation, or software. Commercial exploitation is prohibited. Image Space Incorporated may terminate, change, or suspend any aspect of this Site and the contents provided at any time. Please visit http://rfactor.net/web/termsofuse/ for additional or updated information.

:confused:

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

How else could it have been handled apart from acknowledging the bug and doing their best to fix it? Do you want their first born instead?

8. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Registered

Just say my opinion :) so Take it easy. Lol. There is always more than one way i think. Enjoy:)

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Was just wondering if you could back up your opinion with some solutions? I am sure ISI would love your input to make their response to issues like this better.

10. Ted Striker

Ted Striker Registered

No, i am just a Men Who wants to race. Lol

11. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I just noticed that when I go into "Race Settings", the memory used slowly climbs to 3.76 GB and then rFactor locks up. Is this a memory leak? I do not do anything, just open "Race Settings" and watch the memory climb. Does anyone else see this?

12. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thinking I would like to help test these unstable builds but how do I make another instance so I don't ruin the one I have?

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Install to a totally different place. I have rF2 stable folders and rF2 unstable folders and the EXE's can run side by side.

14. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Not able to access the server with build 494 (server 494 too). Any general problem with servers right now?

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

See first post. But 494 is now out of date.