REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Maybe i got a lot of white rabbits on my eyes...but found release notes only (older builds) ;-)

//Edit:

found it, very good hided...maybe easter bunnies on the job :)

2. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Hi
    I know is I is working hard on the problem with the new build.
    so with some more pageants you might be better off. And save your self sometime going back to a early build then updating to the new build 5--- mho

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hello,
    the only thing i can report, with build 382 seems working without problems, lobby list is faster and with filter. But please be patient, i`m very new to rFactor2. Seems for me there was something very strange happen between Build 382 and Build 494. And take my pardon for installing Build 382, but i bought last week the lifetime licence for our simracing community only. With Build 382 i`m able to use what i`m paid ;-)
    Thanks

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@timwheatley1979 Hi,do you advise me to keep the 494 build or return to the 382 build? On March 23 we start our league, cordially

@NFraisse There will be a new build before then, for now, it's up to you. The league I am in used 494 last week and I'm not sure this week.

5. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

I apparently can't do MP on this build? Every server has a greyed out mod button which says I don't have the mod... Well obviously but I'd like to download it which it won't let me do.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes... we would all like a fix as it's approaching two weeks of downtime. There are some potential tricks to bypass this issue, for example pressing refresh after selecting the server, or disabling getmod (if you host a dedi) by editing the multiplayer.ini. But very few will apply these fixes as long as nothing official is shared.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It can depend on the mod and game name, I make mine the same, no spaces, no underscores, only hyphens.

If I make a mod with spaces even I cant get in
    If I make a mod with underscores you get in first time

Even then when someone leaves or for no reason known it will go grey in server

Other times people can rejoin 5- 10 times no problems.

There is no pattern to it Tim.

All I can suggest is click on a Grey JOIN then wait at least 30 seconds, apart from that I don't know what to tell you, sorry.

====================

? No no no lol

It's been busted since the Ai LEAVE/LAG bug , donkeys ago.

In that time it has has not recovered to any semblance of the comparable stability.

8. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

The one when they first put up the Live Servers was great , don't know version sorry.

Then a few weeks late they introduced a new build and did a server backup and ever since things have gone to pot.

I am not sure any build will make a difference will it ? I assumed it was in conjunction to server setup as well.

Ah its liveable............just. lol ;)

10. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

If you forget, it was the build420

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Build 342 came out in October

Servers started in November

12. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

Sry, you mean that official ISI servers. I have no idea since i only discover that ISI has official servers a long time after they started.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

When the LIVE Servers started we had no issues, that was November

The current build at that time was Build 342 afaik ( maybe I am wrong on that )

A few weeks later or maybe a month it was I don't know exactly , the new Build 382 stuffed everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
  14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I used to make a point in LR telling every single driver if they started a race " please, please " dont LEAVE until the room was Restarted after the Race.

How many you think listened ? lol

Instead they would selfishly leave after crashing out, well knowing they were going to destroy our race with the dreaded Leave bug.

Great people. WD lol

15. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

If i know it about this issue i would leave in the middle of a race all times.
    Trolls help to improve softwares. Respect.

lol

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

17. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

When goes out the new build?
    Thanks.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

March, but the year is not fixed yet :rolleyes:

After reinstall build 382 instead of 494, i got the msg that the game could not activated because of hardware changes of my system??? LOL...nothing changed on my side. I send a mail to renewals@rfactor.net for help on my activation and got this today:

Indeed, i ask for a refund, if they could not help me to activate my rf2. This is a very different way of doing customer support. However, seems i must buy it again :D

19. STATIC

STATIC Registered

Is there any chance of getting a working build before this weekend? Leagues canceled 2 weeks in a row cause of 494.

20. hockel

hockel Registered

our league's F1 season will start this weekend, and we will stay on Build 382 till a better Build is available

For all out there asking for their league if they should stay on 494 or go back to 382, I have to ask: Why did you even get so far to be in that mess now?

Since first beta builds, I'm using the following approach which gives me a guarantee that the next league race can take place:

On a dedicated server:
    - If you want to use the upgrade via the launcher, always install a Temp-Server before trying to upgrade, not to mess up the server you need for racing, in case the upgrade fails
    - After each new rF2 Build, create a new profile and compare the content with your old profile files (INI & PLR). Do not copy profiles from one build to another to prevent issues
    - If a new build is available, give it a few days to see what others report, before applying it. The league admins have to make the call when the users are allowed to upgrade their rF2, not the drivers!!!
    - From a week before a Season Race on, no upgrades will be done on our servers or clients. After the servers are upgraded and fairly tested for stability, only then, the drivers are asked to upgrade to the new version.
    In F1, where sometimes there is a race every week, the upgrade has to wait till we have a 2 weeks tims between races.

In our league, the admins announce in the forum when the server got updated and the clients have to do the same.
    We recently had one user who just upgraded to 494 as it was released. He had to reinstall his rF2 with 382 in order to be able to race again.
    He just ignored the message in our forum that this build will not be installed on our servers. His fault, him to blame, not ISI.

Bad Builds can happen, that's a process and that is not unexpected. The build 494 released by ISI is a mess, no question about that, but things like this can happen.
    It is the admins own responsibility to take care that bad builds do not affect league racing. It is not right to blame ISI if a league is now not able to start into its season as they are used to upgrade to any build as soon as it gets released

my 2 cents from my point of view...