REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. mart280

mart280 Registered

Ok thanks Tuttle, I will try that but will probably run with HDR off for now as I need 3 cards for FPS, although thinking about it cross/trifire seems to be running ok with HDR off anyway, bit of a strange one.

2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

matchmaker is crashing on me - repeatedly- .....also: the buttons for get mod or join are sometimes not available- ie: grayed out when they should be lit up for mods i already have - for instance i was racing on a server , left , came back and found the button grayed out for joining ...amongst these problems i have been able to join some servers and things seems ok once connected

3. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

Apart from all the MM troubles I just wanted to say thanks for finally fixing the reload button in the car spinner. It really wasn't fun before to paint a car skin when you had to restart the client every time you made a change to your skin. :)

This saves so much time!

4. DaniloJF

DaniloJF Registered

Long time since i played, installed yesterday the new build and i really loved it. Keep the hardwork ISI.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

Overall is this a good build ????

(ignoring the temporary problem with MP & broken 3d vision )

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ah... that's it:
    Code:
    server_name            location_name mod_name         
    -----------            ------------- --------         
    www.F1Elites.com RJCha               F1eRJChallengeF21
    www.o-gc.at 2                        Bes2012 O-GC 

With my spoofed MM if I filter the bad location names the MM never crashes. So will the fix be a new build or just do some filtering on the MM server? I think I can quickly get in touch with F1E's admin.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Should be.

8. 88mphTim

Thanks.

9. 88mphTim

I gave his email to Jeremy before I went to bed.

10. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

yay :D

Thanks

11. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Noel, could you tell me how to do this, sounds like a good work around for my problems.
    Thanks.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It's way to involved. You would need a webserver of your own with PHP support and a simple page that pulls in your own filtered JSON results from ISI's MM and then you have to put an entry in your host file to force rF2 to redirect to your own webserver rather than ISI's.

BTW: "www.o-gc.at 2" is offline now. So now all that is left is F1E's server.

13. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Ok thanks for the info... does sound a bit out of my league ;)
    But as I understand 1 down... 1 to go, and I guess ISI will come up with either a patch or a full new build soon so I´ll be waiting for what ever happens first :D

14. 88mphTim

Set of instructions were left by Jeremy for the other guys this morning after he finished what he could do. I don't think will require a new build, if I understand, it is all MM changes.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Sorry to bring some offline problems around...

I'm probably lucky, I never had a crash so far with rF2, but very few times when loading a corrupted third-party track or car. With this new B494 build I already had 2 crashes in 2 days.

First was the first evening where I launched rF2 and stay a long time in before leaving=>rF2 stay stuck when I pressed "Quit" and I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill the process (no hard drive activity).

<Edit: removed part, problem described come from my computer>

I know it's not really helpful without a way to reproduce this. I'll try and will post again if I found a way to reproduce this or if I have some new weird behavior.

As a reminder, AFAIK it's the first time I crash for an unknown reason in rF2.

To leave in a more positive note: I still amazed by the quality of HDR. Tosch made a pretty good job (thanks Tosch!) when I was not too lazy to bring his files in rF2. Anyway, now I can enjoy really nice graphics without having to tweak anything and that's perfect. A Spa race early in the morning with those orange or violet clouds and this nice picture contrast, this long distance shadow display, etc., I'm discovering again all track I load and all are wonderful ! Thanks a lot ISI for this nice improvement! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2014
  16. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

ok thnx for the info...

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

just a follow up to say great job on hdr automation. i have been driving a track recently and struggling to get it to look right using various available hdr profiles and the automation is better than them all and i didn't have to do anything. nice :D

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The auto HDR and steering minimum torque thing are awesome improvements, however, probably my 2 favorite features mentioned in the build notes are the following:

- Optional new HDV [SUSPENSION] line - "ModelWheelsIncludeAllTireMass=1" improves accounting for tire mass and inertia. - Obviously this must coincide with actually adding the tire ring mass and inertia to the wheels in the chassis.ini file. In addition to more accurately simulating the tire ring, this also facilitates the removal of SpinInertia and SpinInertiaAI from the HDV.

- A related change (to the above build change) is the optional removal of TemporaryRingMassInertia from the TGM file – the tire now dynamically changes inertia depending on current shape (a new variable "MassInertiaMultiplier" can also be included if the physically calculated values are not satisfactory for some reason).

- Created some options for the suspension deformation code that allows more generic connections like brake lines.

How come after 19 pages noone has mentioned these yet?

19. rada

rada Registered

Find where is the problem whith +oneclick option.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ICK-option-Track-file-delete-and-server-crash

Please ISI solve this ; whithout this option lots of servers can not be upgraded. Servers in datacenters whith control panels, and of course, root servers can not have the auto start option.

20. rada

rada Registered

We have find where is the +oneclick problem.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ICK-option-Track-file-delete-and-server-crash

Please ISI solve this bug because there are lots of servers that can not be upgraded. Dedicated server in datacenters whith control panels who use +oneclick, and of course root servers can not use the auto start option.