Ambitious Project to Shore-Up rF2 "Rally-Like" Content

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Galaga, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

I have begun to convert some of my favorite rF1 tracks to rF2. I figured I'd keep track of my status in a single, integrated thread and hopefully others will want to help or show support to encourage others to help or begin their own projects.

Crimson Road - Permission requested. Track in-game and will be able to release 0.5 version soon after permission granted but on hold until then. Open items include basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, basic graphics improvement.

Transfagarasan - Permission to convert track obtained. Track in-game. Open items include basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, basic graphics improvement.

Feb 23 update - Material naming fixes completed. Permission to convert track obtained.

Mountain Sprint - Permission needs to be requested. Track in-game and will be able to release 0.5 version soon after permission granted but on hold until then. Open items include material naming fixes, glaring graphical issues, basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, real road implementation, basic graphics improvement.

Rally China - Permission needs to be requested. Track in-game and will be able to release 0.5 version soon after permission granted but on hold until then. Open items include material naming fixes, basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, real road implementation, basic graphics improvement.

Lienz 24 Hours - Track in-game but requires surface poly count increase prior to 0.5 release. Open items include increasing surface poly count, online support testing, AI improvements, real road implementation, basic graphics improvement.

Feb 22 update - Material naming fixes and basic functionality testing completed.

Gunsai Touge - Permission needs to be requested. Track in-game and will be able to release 0.5 version soon after permission granted but on hold until then. Open items include material naming fixes, basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, real road implementation, basic graphics improvement.

Machwerk - Permission needs to be requested. Track in-game and will be able to release 0.5 version soon after permission granted but on hold until then. Open items include material naming fixes, basic feature testing (garage, pit spaces, online support, etc. ; so far only offline race with 9 AI tested), AI improvements, real road implementation, basic graphics improvement.

Bauers Moor is on hold for the moment because it has proven to be quite difficult to get to get in-game.

Feb 23 update - I have removed UK Rally from the list because it was ripped from another game.

Any and all help is welcome :) I am completely new at all this but someone has to do something about the lack of rally-like content in rF2, so why not me? :p

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2014
    chisco85 likes this.
  2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You sir, are ambitious. I like it! Boy I wish a had modding knowledge. I'd love to help somehow.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

4. Maug

Maug Registered

UK rally is a rip off of TRD3.

5. Popeye

Popeye Registered

I hope you have better luck than me. I emailed goibaka 3-4 times to see if permission could be gotten for Transfagarasan but he never answered. Its a shame as I would love to see that in RF2

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just searched this and yes I see it in the tdr2 game. Not likely to get permission for that.

Striking from the list. Thank you very much for the heads up. :)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

That is some project Galaga!

I'm with John, stick with just 1 and learn as much as you can.
    I'm not a modder but I know projects and you are bound to reach several points where you learn something new and want to re-do some parts or everything. if you have to do that x8 every time, its going to be very frustrating and tedious very soon.
    Plus new tricks/routines/etc you learned can then be implemented right away in the other tracks once you start on them. (and faster)

And its probably going to be frustrating to begin with so you need to protect yourself from getting burned out onnit and giving up all together. All too easy to take on too much and getting fed up with it :)

Anyways, good luck man, i'm not a rally fan per se but I will support anyways if you need bug testing etc :)

8. myself9

myself9 Registered

Great news!

Hopefully you'll get responses from the original course creators.

9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Permission has been granted to move forward with Transfagarasan. :)

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Funny anytime I use the word rip or no permission in a track thread I am castigated, never been thanked. :rolleyes:

hehehe

Good luck on the tracks. :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There is heaps of GPL Rally would be lovely. :)

Circuit du Lac d'Oô
    [​IMG]

12. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

This is great Galaga. :)

DJC

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Just wondering... if these are "free drive tracks", basically kind of point-to-point in the idea... why not skip (for starters) the work on AI and multiple garages? For a timed competition online or offline it wouldn't matter...

Great project, I look forward to the day when we can compare our times.

14. frherbers

frherbers Registered

Hi Galaga and others
    Any updates on the conversion of rally tracks to rFactor2?

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Machwerk and lienz? Holy moly. Thank you so much. My dreams come true. Couldn't be happier

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

I have converted Transfagarasan, already with permissions, with all 12 stages, having to seek some help with AIW, can not release it yet as the original used same AIW file for all sections, which wont work in rf2, anyone want to help, contact me please, track is ready to go, other than that

edit TDF file needs some work,,, dust plume behind cars

17. myself9

myself9 Registered

I vote that you start a new Transfagarasan WIP thread so it can get the attention it needs to recruit a little help. :)

18. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

there is a thread already for Transfagarasan