plugins I need your Help!! how can i writte a Plugin? which Editor? Which Language??

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by toni, Feb 18, 2014.

1. toni

toni Registered

Hi to all,

i am new here in forum , i am doying a projekt about writting a Plugin in Rfactor
    but i dont now what editor to use( for example java has Eclipse and Android has SDK).

do Rfactor provide an own Editor and a package with classes and methods? that can be use to writte a Plugin?

i need to find out the distance between to cars or if the car is driving faster than the speed limit (i am planning to
    create my own road) or if the car is driving by red red traffic lights?

can somebody HELP me?????

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there's a free visual studio that can do c++ (visual studio express for windows? I'm sure someone will know).

The dev corner at rfactor.net (the rF2 section) has an internals plugin source, that is basically just compile and go. Then you can test things to work them out. Once you see what data you have access to you will be able to decide if and how you can attack your questions.

3. toni

toni Registered

thnaks a lot it was very helpfull , i can use as editor dev c++ to ??

4. RichFreed

RichFreed Registered

What would be awesome is if someone were to create a very basic example plugin or tutorial that displays some basic gfx while driving - could be as simple as a custom flag status gfx.

5. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Study rFDynHUD, it is completely open source and provides a full HUD that draws on top of the rFactor display.