Trying hard to like it...

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Icarus, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hiya

I is your wheel limited to 270? If you can increase the rotation (900 or 720 etc ) the sensitivity to 100%
    (from your 30%)

Check the difficulty settings you may have lots of aids on thus masking physics etc

Check to make sure the forces are going in right direction (can be changed in the .ini )

Get it setup right & I think you may really feel differently about rf2's ffb quality

2. Icarus

Icarus Registered

My F430 wheel only has a range of 270, I have tried every range but it has no effect.

I have all aids off.

Forces are the right way round.

One of my biggest problems is steering range, the only thing I can do to change that is lower the sensitivity to a stupid level but it has a very strange effect, that I can turn the wheel full to the right (or left) but when I turn the physical wheel back to centre the car will still turn to the right.:mad:

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Wow, where to begin. I think first off would be to click "set by vehicle". Next step would be to turn down your ffb multiplier by about half. Then probably put sensitivity back to 100%

4. Icarus

Icarus Registered

Thanks for trying but all of your suggestions are the opposite of what works for me.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

hehe. I can tell you're easily frustrated. If you keep messing with the sensitivity you'll go nowhere. Keep sensitivity @ 100% and reduce steering in the garage screen. As far as your FFB mult. yeah I don't know how you can move the wheel with it that high, plus you're getting a massive amount of ffb clipping. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  6. Icarus

Icarus Registered

Ok, it's nearly there, I turned up the wheel ffb and turned down the game ffb then turned up the sensitivity and turned down the steering lock in set up, it's much better now, no where near as good as Assetto Corsa but it's usable. Thanks to all those who helped.;)

7. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

You may want to try 1% deadzone on the wheel (otherwise you are always steering left or right, never going straight). Slides are easier to catch with some deadzone. You are limiting your experience by having a wheel that can only do 270 degrees. For every car that uses 270 or more you cannot accurately simulate. It's probably why you can get on with AC better being that it is designed to be equally playable with a gamepad or wheel.