What becomes of rFactor2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kickbox, Feb 14, 2014.

1. RGerke

RGerke Registered

Totally your opinion

What comes here every 3 months is a joke and an absolute disgrace

If you do not immediately change something, you lose here are the last fans.
    Except the whole PC user with your old pc boxes.

Sorry, but it is unbearable! Alone among my friends to leave you
    now 70%.

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

3. Nuno P

Nuno P Registered

not everyone is interested in historic content (i am) but saying that ac has a weak track selection... i see what you did there

4. Silentsnoop

Silentsnoop Registered

is it possible to drive the Mercedes sls pacecar?

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

[​IMG]

6. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Thank you for the Build 494, but... whats happen?
    Nothing, i think. Tire feels the same, FFB same, rain? Is the rain bether?
    I siting here alone and my brain is working...
    What i haven't found in the new build, thats realy new?
    Nothing.
    HDR... Okay, all colors looking now more real, if i set my screen to 70% color.
    For what use ISI 106-build-numbers, 2 month and 7 days?
    Im bad, i know. I should not say the truth, but... Kunoz need for that changes six days, SMS only two.

Please show me or tell me the visible or palpable news at 494. Please.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Well, I'm speaking about what's available by default or from modders. They have no US Track, they have no Le Mans. A lot of Italian Tracks (Mugello, Imola and Monza are important... but not the world). No Monaco. No Sepang.

It's not that RF2 has a lot of default tracks included, but the modders have been busy. We have a lot of Formula 1 tracks in "drivable" quality, we have the whole W.E.C. calendar covered (okay, if you include a few medicroe conversions but they are getting improved). Also large part of ALMS. We have a lot of short, club-racing style tracks (too many of those for my taste but that's another story). We have three really well done historical tracks (four if you count Longford as 3rd party content). Right now Galaga started an initiative to convert point-to-point or "rally style" tracks over which look excellent.

It will be some time for them to catch up. And given that a large sales argument was "laser-scanned tracks" then how will modders eevn be able to create content similar in quality to the original?

8. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

71%

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You can have one as well. :)

[​IMG]

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Nothing that appeals to you, it would appear.

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Sans the PC bit reminded me of feedback I got when I mowed lawns as a kid...

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

;)

13. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

My admiration for Tim grows with every Kickbox post...

14. osella

osella Registered

More importantly it is written in dark grey font on black background.

I could seriously design better looking UI when I was 8 years old (not talking about coding, hello world application is about as most advanced I developed by myself, a graphical sketch). So the feature is there but I didn't notice it and I'm sure I'm not alone. I don't know for how long this feature is in, I only restarted playing rf2 5 days ago almost didn't touch it previous year. Still, it should be completely intuitive from the first second you enter car/track selection, that's not the case.
    Why can't we start race directly from race settings? Why need to click back and then start race? Etc. These are all so primitive things that could be fixed in 10 minutes and would improve the whole rf2 experience, ISI really is dumb in this department. These little things could make rf2 lose in ac, at least in the first months of ac final release. But all of this has been said 350 times on this board, to little avail.

Still, it's the most accurate and advanced racing sim at the moment.

However AC is not arcade, it's miles ahead of pCars but it has completely static environment, fully grippy tyres all the time, probably no brake wear/brake and other things. They say they will implement all of this later but judging by by their attitude it seems their main goal is new content to satisfy all kinds of racers from NFS kids to not so hc simracers and ocassionaly hc (i'm a casual "simracer" myself now playing few hours a week).
    The whole AC experience is great though, although it seems a bit too forgiving I never thought to myself that the car or ffb did something totally unnatural (half of the negative feedback comes from people who didn't turn off abs&tc which need to be turned off at every session manually). Rf2 doesn't feel as seamlees overall that's true.

-------
    About road cars belonging to race sim, I like that. In rf1 I had lots of fun with street civic mod or custom made physics for the shift street mod. Road cars can be raced too, even if you own the same road car depicted in the sim it's still opportunity to do things with the car you wouldn't dare in real life so I see no problem with that. There should be realistic consequences though as road cars aren't designed for nonstop racing over several hours.

Edit: Uh why posting those "funny" reaction pics and vids.. they say picture says more than a thousand words, in this case 3 words would be better for forum flow than a picture.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

+1

16. ThoKa

ThoKa Guest

100% agreement here. The rF2 UI must be the ugliest software interface ever produced.
    IMHO rF2 really suffers from the omnipresence of this turn-off. I really love rF2 as a sim, but please do something about this UI.....I can't stand it anymore! It depreciates the whole experience.

17. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Wow, What exactly is needed in the Ui when out on track RACING. Choose your car, choose your track, set your weather, Ai, time of day, tyre wear, fuel useage etc etc and RACE !
    Please ISI don't change too much in the garage, don't go down the arcade "sliders" route. The Ui is functional and ok it looks dated but it does everything it needs to do, Personally I don't care what it looks like as long as I get to the end result of RACING offline against Ai or online with my league.

18. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Sorry mate, my forum shows as default white background.
    Edit: in hindsight you might have been talking about the rf2 UI.

Reactions pics, they are what they are, they show a reaction to a post. no need to elaborate with text. (or the same result if using text) so just a different way of reacting using the same intent.

But then again......whilst we are pointing at each other....why even post about AC and pCars? Personally I am getting sick and tired of everyone talking about and comparing sims in every way and often in silly ways. it adds zero % to any conversation and it certainly will not influence ISI in any way. utterly pointless and hugely annoying.

No offense though, I know people can't help themselves :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think that is the basic mindset, or was.

20. boxer

boxer Registered

I think the UI could use some refinement... i.e.(keyboard support)... the card shuffle would be great if the arrows key worked, navigating in the tree view using up/down/left/right arrow keys... Also when in the tree view why not place a caption below/above the right pane to show what is currently selected...The selection may go off screen during scrolling...

In the shuffle view why not sort by series, then by name... .Instead of name... cars/series are all mixed... perhaps offer a way to jump from series to series.
    Why is vertical text read from top to bottom... Text should always be read from either the bottom of the screen or the right side of the screen... this is standard practice for documents... (not sure if possible).

Perhaps the borders of the shuffle boards could be polished....

How about a 3d View on the right side of the tree view instead of a screen captures...(we are use to this from most racing games/sim :-( (This may be asking for too much)...

Please, Please don't allow the online servers to overwrite my UI settings, or my series, car selections. I curse every time this happens to me... I know that every time I click on the online play I will have to reset my settings once again... I get frustrated just thinking about it.

Having said that, I truly enjoy the sim... I think ISI team is doing a great job...
    Is it perfect? No but it's enjoyable... and that is all that matters.