Introducing - the F3 FANATICS WORLD CUP!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Done.

God dayum can someone check that my 3 posted world times and the countdown timer all match up?

Head go boom.

2. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

According to the clock the race should start on Friday evening 20:00 CST (Kansas, USA)

3. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Was already stretched, now it's definitely too early for Central Europe... 4 am. Count me out. Will join next time.

4. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

There wont be a next time.

It was moved earlier for people who normally played late. They then pulled out. It was moved back. It is only 1hr different from original time now.

If it is to be changed, I need specific requests as opposed to just pulling out.

Drivers name cosimo? It is not up? CS?

5. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

@GM

Might be time to think about just picking a time that works for you and sticking with it...

You're not going to find any time that will allow people from all the time zones in the World that use this server to be able
    to come together to participate in the same race...

You're waisting your time. So... Pick a time and too bad for those who can't join.

I know that sounds harsh... That's what my wife would say. But it's the way it is.

I can't join races or even leagues because of time zone differences. Too bad for me. That's the way it is.

Almost makes ya wish this server didn't reach so far and wide...

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  6. Bryan Birtwell

Hey... Anyone have the download link to DJC's version of Belgium that the Sr4L guys use??

That's the version of the track I want to use... I have it... It won't work with a Get Mod system because of the URL attatched to it.

All I remember is that I got it from Media File or someplace like that.

I can't upload it here...

If it's impossible to get it linked here, I'll drop the idea and just use ISI's version.

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  7. jjcook

jjcook Registered

8. Bryan Birtwell

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  9. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

Ok, this is getting old. Can't get onto F3 Fanatics,Join button stay gray scale and I have uninstalled the mod but still not going. Any help is appreciated

10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

naaa, you got it direct with the 'Get Missing Components' button from our SR4L room, I remember you joined and did a few laps.

Not sure why it did not work on your server? The links within the mod are still valid, it uses Noel Hibbard's PHP server to point it to my web space. With all the things broken in the new build it would not surprise me they broke that too.
    Don't forget it's not a stand alone version, it's an update. You still need the original track installed.
    Here is direct link http://www.cruicky.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/rFactor/Belgium1966_v1.43b_update.rfcmp (3.5 meg)

A 2nd way of getting it on your server is to make this update part of the vMod. When making vMod, instead of you leaving the track radio box unticked on the final screen, instead you want to tick it. The file size should increase in size, but it's still small enough, about 3 to 4meg in size. You just run this on your server instead of your normal vMod. No one needs press the 'Get Missing Components' button. But, I don't know why the first way never worked for you.

@Cookie, I think your links point to my Nords update, not Spa :D

DJC

11. Bryan Birtwell

I don't know why it's not working either.

This build is just total junk. I've been trying for two hours to get back into my server.

UPDATE: I had to play games with having two mas files with the same names... but I got it to work!

My server now has the "League Friendly" version loaded up... The server won't even tell you it needs anything... It will just get it and install it.

Thanks go to DJC for this fix. It was his second idea that worked. Along with the playing games with .mas files.

Thanks,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2014
  12. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

I was thinking the same thing, why was this not tested. AHHH, either way I'm stilled pumped about the upcoming championship

13. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Yeah when all is said and done, the Cup goes forward and BB's server is up to the job.:cool:

EDIT: But is ISI's software up to the job?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  14. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

BB (Bryan Birtwell) is in charge of running the Cup for now, since the new update has now precluded me from even joining the server.

I can see many people on it. I can SOMETIMES join ONE of the ISI official servers. I suspect having a bad ping is somehow responsible.

Funny that my logic initially was, that since I could connect and drive comfortably from the backwaters of the internet (rural Australia), it was safe for me to manage the Cup at our server from here.

Lol.

15. Bryan Birtwell

If ISI hasn't fixed the problems with Match Maker by the time of the race... I will be postponing the series until they do. This is not acceptable.

Also, because of problems coming up during a trial race today, the server will be passworded on race day.

We will let everyone that signed up know what that password is...

So, if you signed up under an assumed name... We can't help that. It will be up to you to get ahold of GM or myself to get the PW. I use my real name everywhere I go... No problems sinse 1988. So, I don't wanna hear it...

Thanks,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  16. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Yeah I ended up connecting ok earlier, and had a long enjoyable session. As far as I can tell, if you can manage to get a JOIN button - everything is working GREAT!

We can simply post the password here before race time. That way casual server browsers are disallowed, but the drivers and serious spectators aware of the event thread can still turn up.

Your normal F3 Fanatics driver name used to enter the race here, will still work with a passworded server. You can switch real name handle in the ini manually.

EDIT: Please double check your driver name is currently listed in original post!!

17. Bryan Birtwell

Sounds like a plan.

BB

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Still can't join. Did yesterday.

Edit: Server is up and working again after some magical BB tweaking?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  19. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Driver Warning.

Driver: HurryCane

Notes: This is just a warning, based on your driving behaviour in the Cup server during a practice race moments before this was posted. If the incident was accidental or caused by some failure, please simply take note of the warning.

Incident: At the beginning of the Les Combes corner, at 225kmh you crossed from the inside lane (right hand side), all the way across the track (in an effort to claim racing line), colliding sideways with 1st place - who was on racing line and had at no point changed their line for almost 800m. This driver was still going straight and had not turned their wheel when you hit them. Driver was as extreme left as possible and was at all times. You were not sufficiently ahead of the car to do this safely. You made no attempt whatsoever to avoid the car that you had come up beside of, from behind, off racing line. Other drivers car was thrown off track, damaged and their race (and any Cup points) was over.

Penalty: Pre-race warning. Please re-read race rules as posted here. Such behaviour will be considered a race DQ during a Cup race, as there were no mitigating factors in your favour. No apparent attempt was made on your behalf to avoid the situation. If it was an accident, such behaviour would then only result in a stopngo (because you nevertheless still took out another driver).

Edit: Just because you are the first warning, please don't take it harshly, seriously or personally! I have seen many such incidents and even caused them - it is just that I will now actively start trying to mitigate them. Indeed, early in that lap I almost didn't make it to a corner, but i did - just. After letting you pass me (as is essentially required), I then purposely stayed behind because it was early race, drafting is easy and 3rd/4th were still a way back. The fact that you were also driving across the track to avoid me drafting you is also not cool, not safe and not allowed in the Cup. It certainly doesn't make it much harder to draft and pass. Just more dangerous. Just stay on race line, let them draft and pass - without hitting them or making it hard. You can just do the same back (without contacT!!) - and find a SAFE spot where you are actually ahead enough to take raceline.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
  20. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

As of now, all behaviour on the server is subject to official cup oversight. Copping a race DQ atm (the Big Hammer is cup dq) would probably require some pretty extreme behaviour, but warnings regarding what won't be tolerated in-cup will probably be common. I will strive to be objective and fair, as will BB. It is strongly suggested people re-read the entire OP to truly familiarize themselves with the spirit and rules of the race.

I will spectate those who are near other drivers regularly, and point out un-Cup-like behaviour. It really isn't hard. It is all there in the OP.

All non-driving drivers are ALSO encouraged to spectate AND marshal i.e. call out potential rule-breaches and unsportsmanlike behaviour. This is basically democratic (only BB and I have the actual commands available).