Introducing - the F3 FANATICS WORLD CUP!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 14, 2014.

1. clockit

clockit Registered

I'm in, so is Krone.

2. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

12 drivers down, with at least another 5 going down.

Almost half the positions filled. Don't wait too long!!!!!!!!

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Just a heads up guys about playing with your pit options. When I'm on the starting grid waiting for everybody to join is usually when I bring up my pit HUD. Then I make the required changes there. Get it done early. :)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes that is a good point I missed mate, if you are quick to get to grid you can easy do.

5. Jamie Shorting

:D.....Looking forward to this. I don't think I've raced any forum regulars. hehe.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh boy I would love to be a part of this. Sounds like so much fun!

But I'm confused by the starting times, GMT and UTC. I can't figure out what time it would be in Denmark? I'm a noob when it comes to time zones... :)

7. Jamie Shorting

Just use GMT hex. All those times listed are the same time.

8. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Can I join? 6 am on Saturday morning? Challenge accepted :)

Hope I won't forget about it...

9. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Are you guys using the stock ISI tracks? No modification to them at all? I only ask, because I tried the Spa when it was up, and it seemed to me the grip level was different. I could fly in corners where I'm not used to driving flat through.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

That is a well rubbered track with lots of marbles to slip up on.

The races are 6 laps what else you going to do to have fun ?

Struggle on 80 litres with light rubber, that is fun ? ......... not in my book or for most others that race at BBs and my room.

We are not leaguers and do not wish to be for the most part.

We need some more runners....... mmmmm

...........throw a line out see what you can catch. hehehe

11. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Please leave your drivers name so I can add it!!

12. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I hope they are correct ;) There is a possibility to move it fwd/bck +/-5hrs if ppl need to.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

In please

14. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

OK, Thanks Durge. I think I'll pass.

15. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Stock tracks. Just rubbered instead of green.

Because it is rubbered?

Gotta be in it to win it.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Can we settle on yellow lines cuts GB.

The only 2 places I see cutting is a advantage is Stavelot and Blanchimont but unless you repeat offend I think you should be allowed one bad one.

Guide Posts on the other hand I have no sympathy for we should make it a point of making sure offending drivers that may be using lower detail are aware of it and to stay off gutters in the next few weeks.

Personally I think pitlane should be absolutely no cut not even at bottom.

Another idea would be nice if we can get Hector, Clock and Krone to throw some skins together for guys do not have one as yet (........ name on car at least makes you feel good hehehe) ..... if they don't mind that is. :)

You could post the skins all pathed to drop in.......... I might put together a page of small pics with and names numbers then be cool.

Then if we all have skins maybe we could arrange someone talented to do video ( ie: one person spectating could do Live )
    I will do some video and screenshots too, by series end we could have some good footage.

17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Not that it is already rubbered in. I like a track that rubbers in the way it is supposed too. One lap at a time. Your tracks are fully rubbered from the start.

I guess I'm kind of a purist.

18. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

I would assume that a track having rubber on it is as simple as being the second group of cars on track. Green tracks occur only for the first group of cars, on a track not raced for ages. Any other combo - rubber on track. A level playing field is as purist as one can wish for (in RL they certainly can't achieve a level playing field like we can!). I have heard all kinds of bizarre excuses for not entering. After hearing so many, I am now aware of what the major cause is, of people who won't partake - fear of failure overriding their desire to have some fun. Everyone want's to be the best driver in the world - but only some have the sense to realise that is ridiculous, and know instead that the essence of racing is about going fast - with friends. The rest seem to have a bizarre neurosis where they are terrified we will all find out that they are not the #1 ranked driver in the world.

(To noone in particular): We already know you are not the #1 ranked driver in the world (and maybe not even #1 in rF2!), and would hardly care if you were. I - for one, would still enter and still chase you down. If I failed, I would congratulate you heartily, and hardly give 2 $#%^%s at all. It really is that easy to be a valued participant!

Remember when you were young, and your parents told you that it isn't all about winning? They were actually on to something. You only have to beat yourself.

DD - yellow lines can be cut. There is usually little advantage to cutting yellow lines, and policing and punishment is too difficult when people can easily do it accidentally. Please ensure you do not make up any rules for other drivers unilaterally! You have already upset some with this approach, and indeed it seems you were incorrect. Suggestions are welcome, but so far all rules exist for a good reason, usually practicality. You are a valuable source of input and ideas.

Not sure about the rest of your suggestions as they are not related to the cup or racing. Wear sequins if you must!

Driver circuit detail must be set to HIGH, as DD mentioned. This is not negotiable, for good reason. If you have a lower powered machine, set circuit detail to high, and lower other settings to compensate.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  19. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Rules added and updated. Please re-read ENTIRE OP if you are a driver. It must be re-read multiple times in case rules are added that you miss. ''Didn't know'' won't cut it, alongside ''sorry''.

Also, remember to put your DRIVER NAME down here. This is the only requirement for entry, and entries CLOSE BEFORE the cup. No last minute entries.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
  20. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Soooooooooooooooo.................are we gonna have build 468 in time or what, Timbo?