how to retrieve the state of health of each competitor engine after a race

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Julien Castro, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Julien Castro

Julien Castro Registered

Hello

how to retrieve the state of health of each competitor engine after a race

Kind regards

Julien Castro

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Pretty sure you can't.

3. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Well, you could use the Motec PlugIn and have all drivers of your league send the logged data to you after a race and look up engine wear rate.

@Lazza: Wouldn't it be possible that the value could be read in the same way you are doing with the MotecPlugIn and instead of writting it into a file you send it by Lan to a server?

Sent with Tapatalk

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

As far as I'm aware no plugin is reading the engine wear, but calculating it based on parameters. I don't think my rF2 plugin even tries to because the engine file isn't available, so you can't get the parameters. Anyway, a lot of vehicles have randomised engine wear so even if the calculation is 100% correct you won't ever quite end up at the right figure.

5. Julien Castro

Julien Castro Registered

Thx all for your answer.

I know it's randomised parameter, but i can set this parameter to 0 (I think, not test at this time), then our engine start always at 100% of lifetme.

@Lazza if you can find something to keep the engine life in motec or other, I wills be very Happy^^.

@++
    Julien

6. Julien Castro

Julien Castro Registered

Hello,

Firstly thank to all for your answer.

Q1 : I found in Motec how to keep the information I need. But I found an other option "connection path". Can i connect to a server, to keep all driver info ?? I'd like to keep RPM history of each driver, so I can modify there health engine. Then they start next race with the same engine of the previous race.

Q2 : Can I make just an update of the mod too, and not to oblige every driver to download the complete mod has every time.

Q3 : How I can modify in TGM folder the "optimum pressure" of a tyre.

Thx guys
    Kind regards
    Julien

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

1. I've never looked into the connection thing in Motec. I don't think it's what you're looking for though. All you really need is a plugin that looks at the telemetry and keeps track of 'engine wear' (by whatever calculation) and then stores that info in a local file and/or sends that information to you, or the server. Motec itself is probably overkill.

2. Never packaged mods, but pretty sure you can modify the files in a single .MAS and create an update that way. So if you have the engine files sitting in a .MAS you could just do an update of that, probably less than 1 meg. Someone else would be able to help with that though.

3. There isn't an optimum pressure like there was in rF1 (base + x * load). The construction of the tyre (all the nodes etc) determines it among other things. And according to the release notes/known issues, the modeling isn't final yet.