I must be dumb...how does this work? Paid my $85 bucks??

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by cadence, Feb 10, 2014.

1. cadence

cadence Registered

I just want to drive something other than the demo vette?

I have installed multiple tracks and cars but none are select able in the program to race on/with?

What am I missing? I jut want to open rfactor 2 and be able to choose a track and a car offline to race on?

ABy help would be appreciated.

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Don't you need a different installer/download when you purchased the software ?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

there is different installer/launcher for demo and full versions as wgeuze said.

4. cadence

cadence Registered

Hrmm? Well I uninstalled the Demo.. it deleted the short cuts(kept the files structure though, as I figured this would be fine as they would be installed in the same directy by default) and then I re-installed the the 1 gig download vs. the 600 meg demo. Didn't get any errors or over-right file requests?

Is there something else I am missing? I do not have any other rFactor2 folders that I know of. Putting the mods into the preferences folder(or wherever) allows them to show up just fine in the installer. All this is done by default. I didnt change anything.

Is there just some other .exe that I am missing somewhere? The new shortcut the actual game installed on my desktop takes me to the same demo.

Any ideas how I can completely get rid of it all and start a new if uninstalling didnt work?

Thanks for the help.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you activate it?

6. cadence

cadence Registered

Yep.. in fact I went an reactivated it just cause I read some thread about having to do that. Gave me no errors and said I was up to date and ready to roll.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

7. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Shot in the dark here, but do you have 'All Cars/All Tracks' selected under the Series button in the Main Menu? I'm not sure if the demo version has its own series, but maybe? Also, make sure all the mods you downloaded are installed in the Mod Manager. Just being in the Packages folder won't do anything, but I imagine you have that figured out based on what you said.

If that doesn't work, maybe try uninstalling everything, deleting the leftover files and folders, and then re-installing fresh (keep your 'packages' folder though, don't wanna lose all the mods and have to redownload).
    Maybe someone else will have a better idea, but if all else fails a completely fresh install should fix any problems, it always has for me.

8. Traveller

Traveller Member

Did you install the cars and tracks via the Mod Manager? Downloading them and placing the files in the Packages folder is just the first step.

9. Bradley Collins

Bradley Collins Registered

I'm in the same boat brother- never in my life have I seen a program so difficult to get to work after buying it! Should of just stuck with the demo and saved the money-I'm not getting much help either and no help from the people I paid - what a downer really!!!

10. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

Take a screenshot of your mod manager and show us what you have installed, or something. People will help. It does seem difficult at first, and no I have never seen it done this way but it is worth it seriously. It does work when all the steps are followed exactly.

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Im guessing 'All Tracks and Cars' worked from the silence?

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

You have bought a racing simulation with mod support.
    Sorry but are you sure this is the right title for you?

In my opinion this sim is not more difficult to install as other sim titles. Take your time read the frequently asked questions part on ISI's website.
    Watch the videos made by ISI .
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

If this all does not help you can ask (friendly) here in the forum (after you have read the wikis) and I'm sure you will get support and a solution.