Fuel tank Location reference - HDV vs PM

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by albenstein, Feb 9, 2014.

1. albenstein

albenstein Registered

Does anyone know what reference the physics motors uses to place the fuel tank in game?

Here is what I did to explain why I am confused:
    • I place the fuel tank HDV location according to the commented HDV file: // location of tank relative to center of rear axle in reference plane. The location of the tank in susp.pm was at (0,0,0)
    • I confirmed the position using SuspEdit2.exe, the tank was where is should be
    • I ran and closed devmode, and opened the <vehiclename> (converted from pm).ini in pTool and found that the tank location was significantly forward of where it should be
    • I relocated the tank in the HDV file, re-ran dev mode, and reopened the <vehiclename> (converted from pm).ini in pTool, the tank was still located forward of where it should be
    • I relocated the tank in the susp.pm file, using the susp.pm origin as reference, re-ran dev mode, and reopened the <vehiclename> (converted from pm).ini in pTool, the tank was located where it should be.

Should i trust the pTool visualizations and place the tank using the susp.pm file and its origin?
    Or should i trust the HDV file comments and the SuspEdit2.exe? My concern here is that this program was created using the HDV comments.

2. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

From the ptool tutorial:

"Note that the final fuel tank location is still taken from the HDV"