RFactor 2 & ISI, you're "hardcore", so please act like it! :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I wrote a post here http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...probably-revolutionary-idea-for-A-I-car-setup about some real amazing A.I. features and options that ISI should seriously take a look at. In "option 1" in that post, I stated that the amount of CPU processing for all the A.I., and possible complexity of that processing could be too much (just speculating, I really have no idea). This got me really thinking...

RFactor 2 is supposed to be a math-heavy, "hardcore", PC exclusive simulation. It is NOT some mainstream, built-for-the-masses, video-game console port. So...why aren't ISI taking a hardcore approach to the way the software uses our PCs? ISI please take advantage of 4 and 6 core processors, if not 8 cores and hyperthreading as well. AT THE VERY LEAST take proper advantage of quad-core and hexa-core CPUs (save oct-core+ and HT for RF3).

Battlefield 3 and 4 get VERY SUBSTANTIAL gains when going from 4 cores to 6 cores, not in single player (Battlefield is not anywhere near as math heavy as RFactor 2), but in multiplayer, especially in a server with 64 players. The 6 core CPUs make a substantial difference to max, minimum and avg frames, compared to even 4 cores, let alone 2 cores like RFactor 2 :(. I also read that hyperthreading gives gains in large BF3 & BF4 mp games.

ISI, with all the heavy math involved in a "hardcore" simulation like RFactor 2, combined with all the A.I. that many people love/want to run (20, 30, 40, even 50+ opponents :) ), combined with all the online multiplayer opponents that people love/want to run (again, 20, 30, 40 even 50+ opponents), combined with all the extra/different processing online takes to run relative to offline, well...RFactor 2 should be a PRIME CANDIDATE for a game trying to really take advantage of 6 core CPUs.

At the moment, 3 cores shows some half-decent at best gains over 2 cores, and it pretty much stops there. RFactor 2 is only designed to really take advantage of 2 cores. Quite ironic, because it is the EXACT type of game that would really, REALLY, benefit from quad and hexa core processors.

For a "hardcore", "underground", PC exclusive, develop-at-your-own-pace, math-heavy, physics simulation, with such math-heavy calculations and possibilities for many, many opponents (online and offline), RFactor 2 is THE PERFECT TYPE OF GAME to take advantage of 6 core CPUs.

Come on ISI! At the very least, just like in Battlefield 3 & 4, we can have real nice gains when playing online with many opponents (and also offline). You can do it ISI!!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2014
  2. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

just enjoy some other sims and come back 3 years later.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So why are you here?! Go and do as you said and see 3 years later:rolleyes:

4. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I'm here because this is a forum. not a game.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Don't underestimate the beauty and the power of "Ignore List," it'll save you serious headache.

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Does this guy realize that it's seriously bad form to make new threads in order to reference old threads of his own?

Spinelli, you're coming across as a mixture of hardcore salesman and dictator trying to steer ISI crew. Work on the presentation of your thoughts.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I did that I would be banned one up.

You can't question anything by email either, I get threatened with a further ban, just for explaining the language barrier with Aussies.

wtf

lopl

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Multiple cores is not necessarily always the best thing. You don't want the physics to be out of step with the graphics etc...getting all those in sync across cores can be tricky.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Usually, ban extensions would be based on refusal to accept the reason for the ban.

10. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread titles like this one might get as much respect as it sounds like it's giving (smiley face aside). But yes, that's also pretty poor form.

I don't know, Spinelli seems to have been a bit different lately. I'm increasingly noticing his posts for the wrong reasons. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.