issues with getmod download

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by cambo_nz, Feb 7, 2014.

1. cambo_nz

cambo_nz Registered

Hi

we are having an issue with our servers. we have 2 servers running with hostilecontact. 1 of them downloads the rfmod file fine but the other does not. Multiplayer.ini settings are the same apart from the bind ip setting (servers running with different ip addresses)
    I have tried different port settings as found on these forums but still unable to get it to work? have I missed something simple?

cheers in advance

Cambo

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Make sure your vmod is in the default Packages folder. There is a line in the multiplayer.ini to change this path but it doesn't really work. It has to be in the default packages folder. <datapath>\Packages. Also note that you will have to restart the server after moving the file. It only checks at startup.

3. cambo_nz

cambo_nz Registered

vmod is in default packages (nothing been changed from server startup)

Simulation Port="54297" // range is 1025 - 65535
    HTTP Server Port="60298" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing (have also tried 64298)

HTTP Server Enabled="1" // Whether the dedicated server starts a HTTP server
    HTTP Server Max File Size="500" // Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide
    HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path

Datapath file shows

D:\UserFiles\Mr_Mum\GameServers\TC61825210230301886428340 (presume this is right hasn't been touched or change from when HostileContact have setup server)

Im at a loss as to why its not working

4. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Cambo

Did tech support with the hosting company not have a resolve for the issue you are seeing?

Dave

5. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I have the same problems... If ISI is listening... how come it doesn't work out of the box??? Why should we have to play games? If everything is in default locations, why doesn't it just work?

Ok... I guess it is because of the modder who made the track upgrade that makes it so it doesn't work... Sorry for blowing up.

BB

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
  6. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I am having the same issue here, anyone connecting to the sever gets the same Mod could not be installed "Mod Download Failed".

I am running build 494 and after reading cambo_nz's post above, i checked my mp.ini file and noticed that there is no [HTTP Server Enabled="1" // Whether the dedicated server starts a HTTP server] line in it. I manually added it to see if it solved the issue but to no avail, also after shutting down the dedicated server the line was once again missing from the file.

I have checked my ports and file locations and they are all set to defaults, ports on router also check OK. if the mod is manually downloaded and installed then people can join without issue but for a public server it is impractical and difficult to get people to the right location to download the file.

In all the posts i have read there is little or no information from ISI on weather this is an issue with the build or if there is a fix that we can implement to get around the problem.

Ian

7. Nucleorion

Nucleorion Registered

I dont have line
    in my multiplayer.ini

I cant download files with get mod server

My Multiplayer.ini:
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

I open this two ports TCP/UDP but I can't get mod; they says: Mod Could Not Be Installed. Mod Download Failed.

I am running build 494

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

"HTTP Server Enabled" is no longer an option starting with 494. The join button queries the HTTP server before enabling the join button so disabling the HTTP server is no longer an option which is why it was removed from the mp.ini. Everyone needs to open the HTTP port from now on.

9. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

So that implies if people who have the mod can join then the HTTP port is open and working properly as the join button is enabled.

This then implies that the problem must be being caused by something else.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I agree. Another thing people miss is that the HTTP server hosts files that are in <datapath>\Packages only. It doesn't support custom package folders. So if the vmod isn't in that folder when the server first starts up then GetMod automatically disables itself.

11. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I can confirm this, with the mod rfmod file removed from the packages folder on the dedicated server install i no longer get the option to download the mod, just a disabled join button. That all seems to work well just a shame the downloading bit seems to be broken.

12. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Build 590 seems to have fixed the above issue, can't say anything for the other +onclick type issues but the getmod is now working.

13. Nucleorion

Nucleorion Registered

I dont have line
    in my multiplayer.ini

I cant download files with get mod server

My Multiplayer.ini:
    HTTP Server Port="64297" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing

I open this two ports TCP/UDP but I can't get mod; they says: Mod Could Not Be Installed. Mod Download Failed.

I am running build 494

14. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

You need to upgrade to 590 as it was a bug in 494 that causes the issue.

Or you can make the mod file available from somewhere else so people can manually download and install it.

15. Nucleorion

Nucleorion Registered

Thanks Ian!

Where is 590? Is a official build?

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Click the update tab in the launcher. Takes 3mins.

17. Nucleorion

Nucleorion Registered

Oh yes!

One week ago, aprox, they says: No update available. Now autoupdate is on :)

mmm, and now 590 is in download section also!!

Thanks.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

What should i set, if the "Package" folder is outside the user data folder? Abolute path is not supported, i guess...

My configuration:

Two B660 Installations on drive F, user data are located on drive D. Each user data directory have a Package-Link, linked to one Package folder, wich is located on drive D, too. In the web root (drive c) is a folder-link, called "rfdownload" wich is linked to the Package folder on drive D.

Drive D:

rf2/rf2_server1/Packages (linked to rf2/Packages)
    rf2/rf2_server2/Packages (linked to rf2/Packages)
    rf2/Packages

For testing purposes i have made a single mod file (rfcmp) from an addon track. Including the download direction to the folder "rfdownload" (wich is linked to the Package folder), located in the Package folder. I installed the rfcmp file. Then I have made a rfmod file, Track and Car, wich is located in the Package folder (Drive D).

All needed ports are open. Downloads for standard ISI tracks & cars are working. From my point of view it can`t be a problem with the linked folders.

After installing the rfmod file i started the server. Then i tried to connect to the server. It ends in an error: Nothing installed. Check URL validity. When i use the link directly, using in my rfcmp file, it`s working without problems.

Any advices?

View attachment 12582

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
  19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

That is what I am saying, the server doesn't follow the "Packages" option properly and ONLY works with the default packages folder, regardless of that setting. The default is <DataPath>\Packages.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Ok, but the files are there in the Package folder.

Again an example for server 1:

DataPath from Core data.path = D:\rf2\rf2_660_s1

Location of the Packages folder: rf2/rf2_660_s1/Packages (linked to rf2/Packages)

Download folder: <web root>\Packages (linked to rf2/Packages)

Used link in rfcmp file: http://www.raceserver.project-race.de/Packages/nbg_gp.rfcmp

The additional strange point is, the rfmod file, wich is located in the (linked) Packages folder too, is downloaded correctly, without errors.

Maybe i miss something completly or i`m a super noob, but can`t see anything wrong with this setup?

By the way, i tried this before with an installation complete on one drive, without different drive/folder for the user data folder. Ended in the same error...

//Edit:

Renamed rfdownload to Packages, same error.

//Edit2:

Ok, it`s not working. Gave up for now. It`s sad, because i want to host public server with more than standard content, but this is senseless for the moment.

By the way, i tried to connect to several servers, where addon content is hosted. Not only one was working for me. Every time the same error like with my own server.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014