Drivers crashing out and voting for restart

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

Getting pretty annoyed with the people who cannot make it around the track in a race without crashing, who then successfully vote for a restart mid-race - robbing whoever is left (careful drivers) of a win/podium.

Even worse behaviour, is when they then leave after forcing a restart - effectively achieving nothing other than robbing better drivers of a win/podium. This is extremely unsportsmanlike behaviour - "I can't win so no one will."

xxx and xxxxxx were the culprits today - ISI Historics Brabham mix, approx 13:20 AEST (with the magic three all ticked: crashed out, voted for restart, leave).

Drivers who do this should be put into spectator mode - unable to leave - where they can then watch (with patience) how the winning drivers manage without crashing into objects and other drivers. Otherwise known as "learning how to drive" or "practice/study" or just "racing".

Anything, really - other than the crashers being capable of restarting the race/server soley on the basis that they are impatient/can't drive/have no respect/didn't win. Unbelievably annoying.

EDIT: I don't care if you are a majority and called for a vote. Of course first place is out-numbered.

ISI - can this be fixed somehow?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  2. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Solution... join a league, there are always going to be kids/adult kids in open servers.

3. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Welcome to the world of pubby racing. you must be new here!

4. datanode

datanode Registered

I actually enjoyed being in the pack... I knew it was dangerous, I am a very aware driver on the road and when circuit racing.

It's a lot harder on a sim with mirrors you can't have on because of frame drops and lap times affected. Another issue! So back on topic.

I can see perfectly both sides of frustration.

But I feel people should learn to race in a tight field with drivers that do unexpected things. Those drivers who do unexpected things should learn to know what is expected.

I have had to adapt to the level of info my senses receive in this sim (this is not a dig, it is the same for all sim racing).

Racing in the pack did two main things. It helped to improve these skills e.g. The importance of qualifying, what to expect from other drivers. Positional awareness based on what levels are translated in audio etc etc, list goes on.

Option 3: to only have votes of racers who qualified within a % of the fastest time counted for race restarts.

Might be considered harsh taking away a vote for genuine problems, but racing incidents happen sit back, do something else it is only for fun and isn't real. Rfactor2 isn't always pick up and play. I get to drive on very rare occasions, at odd times. It will test your patience, of which there is very little around pubby servers.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014
  5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Preaching before the choir this is :p

I reckon most of those drivers don't even visit these forums and mose forum users here know the deal already. Its the nature of pickup racing.

The best solution is to press 2 on your keyboard on-track. that's gives a vote-no and when the server is setup for voting properly (60/40 I think) then only a few no-votes will cancel the vote and the race continuous. (and delivers the message)

And if ISI would frigging implement admin-chat-only already (!!) then you could even disable on-track chat all together so you don't have to listen to them whine about restarting :p

6. datanode

datanode Registered

So true ! Didn't realise about the no vote thing. Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever meant to press no. Last time I said no, I meant yes :)

This applies to the game only!

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Very smart :p

8. datanode

datanode Registered

:) already I think I know a little about how you think Denstjiro...

9. vali

vali Registered

Yes, som people are a bit annoying. Here is another "species":
    - Join
    - Vote restart
    - Ask for setup
    - Sometimes they leave and join again a few minute later (and vote again).
    - Crash in the first lap
    - Leave

10. Axly

Axly Registered