Can you run championships with the AI ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bsmooth, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Linus27

Linus27 Registered

I am not interested in multiplayer so racing against the AI is priority for me. However with so much unfinished and no championship/career, I can see me moving on to something else eventually. Hell, I even go back to GTR2 from time to time as I can create all manner of championship.

Please ISI, consider a championship editor, we are in 2014 after all.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

See previous thread comments.

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Most of AI based races are crap in a Mod based simulation. The Most important reason is the Not autoadjusting gear ratio of the AI Cars. IT is so boring to overtake them while they Run in the limiter and it happens so often to me with so much mods on so much tracks even in Gtr2 with self created Championchip were you can start with 100 AI @ the Nos and After 3 Laps the half of the grid got lost, blowing their Engines apart on the long straight. A offline Championchip needs a carefully selected Setup work for each cars and Track and such things you will only find in Championchip based original Content

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

thanks. Testet it and i have to say that it is unuseable with mods where the cars have Different engine Charakters like Porsche oder Viper.

5. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I soooo want this ^^ and I'd even settle for simple GT rules and point system.

I bought DTM Experience just to have a season to race. That's how desperate I am lol :)

Has nobody made a solution for this yet? No mods?

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

GSC Extreme also has championships. Once the new physics are in DTM, it should be fun. For rF2, doesn't look like people care about this.

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

That's a shame. GSC already has it, pCARS & AC will have them... But the only sim I really want to drive doesn't :(

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I do care

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

What makes you think people don't care about this?

10. msportdan

msportdan Banned

im baffled that isi wont put this into a racing simulation. Since surely running a championship is a MAJOR part of motorsport after all.

I would of had this implemented rather than the (imo) dumb quad additions.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I don't care. At all.

Don't need a sim to trick me into believing I'm in a championship.
    I need a sim to trick me into believing I'm in a race, here and now.

The only championships I'd ever consider participating in would be in a league of some sort.
    A championship against AI is beyond pointless for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  12. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I care. A lot.

13. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Me to

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Not more pointless than your post.

If you don't want a feature, why to bust the others request? I bet if ISI had already introduced an offline championship and people start to complain about it for some reason, you'll defend the offline championship mode just for fanboysm.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Utterly pathetic post to be honest. You're embarrassing yourself.

If you care to read my post again, try and point out where in that post I say that my point of view is the only valid point of view?

Tell me, please, what makes you think I'm talking for anyone but myself?
    Where do I "bust" the request for an offline championship?

That's right... No where. It's in your mind, bro.
    I'm merely expressing my own, personal point of view.
    Don't go making things up merely to start something nasty.

Calling my a "fan boy" just goes to show that you're not quite ready, apparently, for serious online communication.
    Sad but true.

Back to the topic at hand then. I'll leave you to it.

16. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

If you don't care about AI why to post here? If there is a number of people who would like to have an offline championship mode, why don't you leave the decision up to ISI staff (which was made anyway) instead of say "No, I don't care about it".

Surely you did it only to "support" the staff decisions as you do everywhere in this forum.

That's it.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Digging yourself into an even bigger hole I see. Again bringing the thread off topic to try and speculate why I post and what the meaning of my posts are. I said it once and I will say it again: pathetic.

Can you show me where I said that I don't care about AI? You cant? Well, that might be because I never said that. Another little slip-up on your part, again completely embarrassing yourself.

For your sake, and for the record, I'll repeat myself: I don't care whether rF2 has an offline championship mode. That clear enough for you?

You have a very odd and inappropriate way of communicating that needs a lot of work. You're saying I'm an ISI fanboy because I don't care whether the sim has an offline championship or not? That says a bit more about you than it does about me, I'm afraid.

By the way, it's very cute of you to think I have a say in whether this mode will be implemented or not. Doesn't work like that, even though I'm very flattered. The decision is ISI's, don't worry. :)

Sorry to everyone else for the OT.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Wasting your "breath" addressing that, just always skip them posts ;).

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

One thing I've never understood is why you think a Championship is a "trick", but setting up a Race Weekend is not?

You made a great post (in another thread I think) about how exciting a single race against the AI is... Well, setting up a Race and setting up a Championship are both "tricks" as you put it.

I really don't see why or how you make a distinction between the two? You have to choose tracks and AI for both, they both keep points. One is longer and cumulative. That's the only difference.

You make it almost seem as if playing a championship is beneath you? Yet you have no problem setting up a race vs AI? Odd.

I don't have that much pride. I very much enjoy championships. Guess I'm not a true sim racer and need "tricks".

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

What I'm saying is I don't need a table of accumulated points so I can think I'm in a championship. I, note 'I', don't need that. Some of you do. Peace be with that, y'all.

It doesn't interest me collecting points against the AI. It does however interest me racing against the AI. That's the distinction I'm making. How is that anything but an expression of my personal preference?

The fact that at least a couple of people now have reacted very defensively to what I have posted, which is merely my point of view, tells me... well, I'm not gonna go there. :)

Go back to discussing championships, or continue pointlessly attack left and right because you're unable to properly read others' posts before deciding what they're meant to point out. S'all good. Bit OT, but very entertaining. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2