[REL] Rock Raceway 1.02

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Jepsertti, Feb 1, 2014.

1. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Rock Raceway 1.02
    My first public track to be released, and it's made in about 50 days in Bobs Track Builder. It doesn't look top notch (I think), and it has some bugs as I'm still unexperienced but it certainly does give the joy of driving! :)

Already known bugs:

- AIW is wrong on many levels.. Grid, pit and garage positions are set, but others are quite a mess. I just don't understand the AIW Editor, so I'm looking for someone who could make me the AIW file. Contact me via PM.
    - There are few holes on ground, but you can notice them just when you go really close to them, can be fixed in future.
    - Some spectators are a bit above the ground, can be fixed in future.
    - Track map is not showing up in car, can be fixed in future.
    - Safety car is at middle of the first chicane gravel area... Need someone to do the AIW.. :)
    DOWNLOAD:
    Mediafire

Happy racing!

Track is designed by: Walter Lemmens
    Track maker is me; Jesse Bruce
    Mod group: Team Rock Modding

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
  2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

set the safety car with the AUX 1 and aux 2 settings in bobs
    aux 1 is where the car starts at the front of the grid and aux 2 is where it sits in pitlane ;-0

3. nowayjose

nowayjose Registered

Dat beached Clio. xD

Good things about the visuals is that the performance is great, so you'll be able to add sugar candy without wrecking the frame rate. Also, when you decide to recreate Barber Motorsports, you'll have experience with that type of track, including these big intimidating kerbs. ;P

I really like the flow of it, it's very technical. I think you can inspire yourself with Poznan for the assets and look, if you want to improve that. I see it as a short layout, do you think it would be easy to add a few fast parts to lenghten the lap and make it more varied? It reminds me so much of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYKnFkBBLnk

Kiitos.

4. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Great Layout and very enjoyable. Good work !

5. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

I will try something today again in AIW Editor, if I would get it to work.. :) Changing them in BTB will take so much time to make full new export with realroad and stuff.. I actually had proper racing line and everything yesterday, but rF2 crashed everytime when I loaded the track..

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol export it out elsewhere and use the aiw file

7. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Kiitos for your response :p I actually never had Barber Motorsport Park in mind when I made this, even though I love that circuit, but there indeed is some similarities :) Maybe that's the reason Skip Barbers fits so great for this track :D

And yes, longer layout is in mind in future, and I'm actually thinking about redoing the track in 3DS Max in future. Then I would make a longer layout at same time.

8. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered

Oh. Hahaha, I didn't never actually even think about this :D Thanks for the tip! lol

9. Jepsertti

Jepsertti Registered