Problem with number of pilots within the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carlos26, Jan 31, 2014.

1. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Hi guys, I am writing this post to make you some questions.

It turns out that we are a championship coriendo Renault 3.5 with the custom skins for our community, and we have problems with the server.

When there are 10 even 15 people no problem, but when the server starts to fill with people , and get to the 25 or 30 people is impossible to run much lag , the game slows down in excesso , and if there are collisions , the game blocks .

Someone may say , or know why this happens ? There is something touching in the PLR , or multiplayer ?

It can be due to custom skins? the circuit? the mod ? A which may be due ?

We are trying to find an explanation to this, but we do not find the solution.

And another reason, as we can do to make the server hold 40 or 45 people ? We played the bar where the Connection puts the numbers of players, but once the server loads , only lets in 30 or 31 , that number starting in fall pilots server .

We would like a solution to this problem , either Tim , of any member of ISI , or any user to know what the problem is .

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Probably the newer collision code spiking the CPU, most notably at race starts. You can revert the multiplayer by having your league modify their multiplayer.ini file to say New Prediction Algorithm="0"

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You must all have very fast PCs ?

To run 40-45 cars and expect great outcome in league.

Dreaming.

4. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

The "lag" you refer is really connection lag or just people with low performance PC´s strugling to have too many cars on screen? People with that problem can run offline the same ammount of cars? We had some Clio Cup races with +24 without any problem. Never more than 30.

About the max number of drivers.....you need to make some particular changes to mod and tracks to allow more cars.

As an advice, and at present RF2 state, i say that you go for less cars. If you have 40 signups then divide by 2 legs. Thats the best option.

I cant see in near future nobody having 40/45 cars in any ISI mod/track without having problems.....server side or clients side. There will be allways someone who cant handle 40 RF2 cars without problems. And thats a big "OPS" in RF2. RF1 became so popular also by the iconical Endurance Leagues. It was a dificult road with stupid plugins, etc, but we could have great races along all this years. With RF2 some things need to change or Endurance racing is compromissed even before its beggining.
    I cant see 50 multiclass cars (around 150 drivers) running 24h in RF2 at same time without server or client issues. Ive seen (and run in some) RF2 endurance races but all with less than 30 cars. Maybe some other guys can have a diferent look.

RF2 is great...but as Poison said some years ago...."Every Rose Has Its Thorn... "

5. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

What is the upload speed of your server's connection? If it is, say 1-2 Mbps then that is your problem.

In rF1 we would use a command line switch: +maxplayers <num> maybe that works as well for rF2?

6. Tirex

Tirex Registered

@Carlos: you have the vmliveview running?

7. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

and where I can do this?

about 40-45 pilots, is something that is difficult for the subject of boxes, but I think the circuits if they are prepared to 30 cars, and the problem is ahy

8. 88mphTim

multiplayer.ini file to say New Prediction Algorithm="0"

It opens with notepad.

9. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

this is what I understand, and I do not miss anything. Maybe I understood wrong

View attachment 11603

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The dialog box is sitting on top of the setting. "New Prediction Algorithm". The .ini file is in english.

11. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

ok, I found the linia, but ..... I have to reset to 0 right? that is what makes setting the value to 0?

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yes.

13. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

OK, but that's what makes that value?

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I don't know if I understand your question.

When you install Build 382 and it creates a new multiplayer.ini file, that line is set to:

New Prediction Algorithm="1"

Tim is saying that you should try turning it off, so change it to:

New Prediction Algorithm="0"

Which turns off the new code, making it behave the way it used to. This is client-side, so each player needs to change this setting in their own files.

15. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

ok, I understand you tell me to put that value to 0 in the multiplayer server file, but that is what makes that value? avoid the failures that we have?

and on the other hand is compulsory for all members to run vallan put that value to 0 too?

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, not compulsory.

It might not fix your problem. Tim is asking you to try it, to see if it helps. It might, and it might not.

17. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

ok, thank you. will try to touch this value on the server, and see if we can solve the problem. thanks again

18. Domi

Domi Registered

Si pones el valor a 0, el juego usara el sistema de colisiones antiguo usado antes de la ultima build, en algunos casos funciona mejor. Si por otra parte lo pones a 1, se usa el nuevo, que tiene algunos fallos.

Translation: Just told him in spanish what's the difference of using 0 or 1 there.

19. 88mphTim

Thanks, Domi.

20. carlos26

carlos26 Registered

Ok. Thanks guys.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk