rFactor 2 Jerez de la Frontera ???

Discussion in 'Locations' started by simRAYcing, Jan 29, 2014.

1. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  2. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

I saw it has no real road implemented?

3. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  4. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Does it?! Might have to revisit

Their Paul Ricard is still missing rr I think though

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Yes they fixed Interlagos too, but no news on Paul Ricard yet. Can't wait.

6. simRAYcing

simRAYcing Registered

Yeah :)

What is done in the V0.50C :
    --------------------------------
    ■ Lighting and Shadows rF2
    Real Road Implemented
    ■ 2 tracks to play : Jerez GP and Jerez Short
    ■ 4 Scenario's to play
    - One with lighting Rf1 (name : Lighting rF1) for one who convert rF1 mod wihtout changing the car shaders (ex : warcabody)
    - One with a classic mod (name : Race) with rF2 lighting
    - One with a lot of fog (name : Race Foggy) with rF2 lighting
    - One with light fog (name : Race Foggy Light) with rF2 lighting
    ■ 23 HDR includes
    ■ New road grip
    ■ New lighting
    ■ New reflection
    ■ New shadow
    ■ Correct Name in the Mod Manager
    ■ Correct Name in the list of track in rF2
    ■ All objects in the cockpit is always visible (no clipping)
    ■ All objects in the mirror is always visible
    ■ Full detail track

7. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Sorry, I know this is a very old thread and I hope I don't get trouble for it but I don't know where else to ask as this was the only thread for this specific track I could find and hopefully I can get an answer here. I downloaded this track earlier but when I watch the AI race they always spin at the final turn after touching the kerb. This happens all the time whether the AI are 25% or 10% aggressive. It's a good track but with the this problem it makes racing with the AI unbearable. I would really appreciate if anyone has any answers or solutions to this, I'm stuck. and as far as I'm aware this is the only rf2 Jerez track available right now? Again I'm sorry mods, be kind, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Are you talking about the v1.2 update? If not, I won't post the link here since I didn't see anywhere about Alex giving permission. If yes, then it's a point of feedback.

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

No its the mb team version with the bad ai. The best Jerez is by senormen / digga and most current is v1.2

10. Schumi

Schumi Registered

11. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks guys I'll try it out :)

12. ryyu77

ryyu77 Registered

This version is from scratch ???

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

No its from Senormen and Digga :p

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The only Jerez I know was made by Reiza's track artist when he was a modder, although who knows, there may be a F1 Challenge 99-02 version out there. Digga and Señormen are converters.

15. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

It uses assets from both the GSC version of Jerez made by Alex "The Lonely" Sawzcuk and the Codemasters F1 2013 track, looks like the bulk of it is the GSC track with buildings and objects used from F1 2013
    What has been done looks good in the screenshots, just a shame that credit isn't given to the original creators

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2015
  16. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

RF1, RF2 GSC Assetto, everyone has conversion, without them we would not have content

17. ryyu77

ryyu77 Registered

I agree lasercuter..
    I organize races on a French site and I will never do circuit racing converted without authorization ..

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The problem is content being converted without work to bring it up to standards. There's still stuff made for GPL, NR 2003, F1C and GTL/GTR that is lying around coming to AC and rF2. A lot of rF1 content was converted from the titles prior to it.

19. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Okay so I downloaded the sm_Circuito_de_Jerez_v_1.20 and all was working fine, but then I found that most of the AI run to wide at the second last turn and spin and hit the wall which happens way too often. This is sad as both of the Jerez tracks carry's a bug that effects heavily on AI racing. :confused:

20. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

This is the easy way. But there're still some people spending hundreds of hours to build scrath tracks, because there are clients paying for that exclusive work. In the last 18 months I've made scratch versions of Jarama, Jerez (with the right pitlane exit, and the real slopes as the Circuit people supply the drafts), Monza, Spa-Francorchamps and Hermanos Rodriguez, and now I've just started to work on Baku.

The problem is a scratch version of a track needs from 1000 to 1500 hours of effective work, and different artists involved, a Laser scanned circuit, and a lot of money to invest. You can have a single artist with lots of free time and not willing to sleep more than 5-6 hours a day, nor having private life, you can go to the track and ask for permission for a walk around with a gps and a camera to catch as much as you can, or you can use the Google Earth way; it all depends on how accurate you wanted to be. In any of both cases if you make the track and leave it for a free download, in a couple of years you'll see several versions of this track on rF1, rF2, GSC, AC, and others and you're not even mentioned on most of them.

That's the reason the best modders stopped working for nothing, as there are plattforms needing to hire artists to make tracks and cars for them, and a growing part of the simracing community is feeling the old unshelfing work belongs to the first one to download it, and anybody can change a billboard and become author of a track just after five minutes editing a couple of textures.