Dirt Tracks

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by indyracer, Jan 26, 2014.

1. indyracer

indyracer Registered

Has anyone made any dirt tracks yet?

2. freew67

freew67 Registered

I have and Ive seen some others as well. Dirt ovals that is but nothing ready for release.

3. Shane

Shane Registered

"I am in direct contact with the owner of Rfactor, Gjon.. He has been helping and is willing to get what we need. So yes there will be dirt support for Rfactor 2, and thats coming right from the owners mouth."

So I read this on another forum and thought it odd as it has gone against past things I have read and seen that this is not a focal point for ISI. When did that change? Just curious.

4. freew67

freew67 Registered

They have said other forms of racing will be looked at in the future before. From my understanding, once the base finds its happy place, they will then start messing about with other series. Till then, it would be a waste of time (in my opinion since things could change).

5. Shane

Shane Registered

Yes, and that was my understanding too. Sometime in the future (the future is a broad term). But this quote I read seems to imply maybe sooner rather than later, that's why I asked. :)

6. freew67

freew67 Registered

Depends on your definition of soon then. :)

7. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Tim also stated in a dirt thread that modders could start with the stuff from rf1 as a base. It should work like in rf1 but i don't know how difficult its gonna be to put a carmod into it with the "right" tires. Since the tiremodel is so much more advanced to rf1 i think thats gonna be the worst problem to get a proper carmod.