Experimenting with AMD graphics card settings...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayblue, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

RFactor engine based games recommended AMD Catalyst Control Panel (CCC) Settings UPDT

Post #24 in this thread updated with the following addition:

Every frame counts, especially for some of us.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2014
  2. cluj

cluj Registered

Hi mates, anyone have a good setup for ATi6950 and triple screen? Greetings ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2014
  3. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

I've got a 6850 running triple screens. I do NOT use HDR or multiview and have everything set to medium-low with no reflections and no anti aliasing and can get a good 60-90FPS with build 494 and a full grid. It will run more detail but FPS to me is more important than eye candy :)

JR

4. cluj

cluj Registered

TY that's more or less my settings but i have a lot of microsttutering can you put a screen of CCC and ingame settings?

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Cluj, I was using 13.12 drivers with a 7970, they solved LOTS of microstuttering on single screen from previous drivers, however with triple screens I still had stutters. Yesterday I updated to the new 14.2 Beta 1.3 drivers, and the triple screen was really smooth too.

6. drdrum

drdrum Registered

I have a 7970 xfx and Im not getting the results you guys are with Supersampling. For me it cuts the fps more than half. I also have a problem with adding a profile in CCC,its doesnt seem to work. when i make a profile with it uses the default system settings. I can crank everything up in a profile 24eq AA edge detect supersamples and my Fps doesnt change from default. If i change my default settings then the changes take effect. So Im assuming my profiles dont work. Am I missing something?/
    Im using the 14.2 beta drivers.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Drdrum, true full-scene supersampling will really affect fps, it's like this even with nvidia. Especially with 4x or 8x, you need powerful hardware or lower settings. It is pretty fps intensive even at 2x if you are using triple monitors.

Watch out, in CCC after you click to add an exe for a profile, then select rf2.exe, then once you are back at the settings screen you still have to make sure you click on the newly added rf2.exe in the list before changing all the settings, or else you'll be changing the general global settings instead of the rf2.exe settings. So, click add application, search for the exe (rfactor2.exe in this case), click add or open or whatever, then before you start changing all the settings make sure you click on the rfactor2.exe profile icon that has just been added to the CCC profiles list. This has caught me out more than once lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  8. drdrum

drdrum Registered

thanks for the reply. I have made the profile correctly, as in I made sure its the profile Im changing. Its like CCC is not reading the profile.

9. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Drdrum be sure to have the profile set to point to the rfactor2 exe file in the core folder not the launcher. Also when changing to use SS make sure to be on standard not edge detect in CCC. For those not getting decent FPS with 4XAA with SS this often the issue.

10. drdrum

drdrum Registered

Thanks whitmore. I didnt think of another exe. still too much FPS loss with Super S. I get a nice picture and FPS with 8x multi.