Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I am working on a setup using telemetry, will upload it here soon. For now the MP4 is perfect balanced with this setup.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I get very good tire wear with Flat 6.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Experienced racers know this, but a single braking error can cost you up to 3,5 % of tyre wear (several laps lost). After such a burnout, the tyre will need about half lap or more of quiet racing to recover normal operating temps.

Beware of cold tires, errors are much easier (braking war on first lap can compromise your whole race) ...

Cheers.

4. whitmore

whitmore Registered

What are the correct tyre diameters for this entry in Motec. My research and what is in Vehicle file does not match so can you tell me the correct wheel radius the car is using.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Does anyone else feel the McLaren has too powerful of an engine? It feels like a spam car, with incredibly stable braking, cornering, acceleration and a lot of grunt.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

This info should be in the .tbc file of the car.

Cheers.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Agreed, you are right other cars of the mod have posted similar times on the same track.

Are you able to sustain this lap time on a full stint or does this pace kill tyres in a few laps?

For the next version, we are working on a complete rework from zero for all the physics, but it will take it's time.

Meanwhile as stated in the release notes of this versions:

"Cars should have similar level of performance, depending on tracks some cars may be faster than others, for leagues the recommended
    mean of leveraging performance is to impose weight penalties as FIA does in real life for these cars."

Leagues that have done so, could share with others the weight penalties they have worked for each car and track.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Don`t know if this was reported previously... the ingame remote content tab shows the version 0.92

10. yoss

yoss Registered

If its in the launcher remote content Yes that s was reported before ,i ask to isi how to do i m waiting the answer...

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

go to publish content tab, mark your mod, paste the new link, save edits and it should be done?

12. yoss

yoss Registered

May be yes i try when i m back to home

13. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

Default setup for SLS AMG has a steering ratio of 8.57:1 (420/2/24.5:1), now that seems excessive. Edmunds has a 13.1:1 ratio for a road car (that is plenty fast) and I would be surprised if race car has a much faster steering than that.

14. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please change it to your liking, it is not carved in stone.

See my post http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...T3-mod-(0-930)?p=404782&viewfull=1#post404782

You would be as surprised as I was, when I saw a real Porsche GT3 setup sheet with a steering lock of 270º.

Cheers.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Good to know, good luck to the whole team. I know it's a biggie...

But about the stint, I can keep the times up but the way the cars behave due to differentials plus maybe anything else, forces modification to the driving and adjusting, as the cars like to rotate in their center instead of wheels. Haven't "redriven" all the cars but I am confident of, except for Camaro and Porsche, being in the 1:58-59s with all of them.
    Some cars are much easier to conserve tires for longer. They allow for massive drifts when having to input throttle (sometimes big time) to save the rears, without any tire wear compared to sometimes huge wear from one lock up. Anyway, don't need to get into detail on other aspects.

16. Isosceles Kramer

Isosceles Kramer Registered

I did change it, but it's about realism, and developing physics with basic parameter being realistic. 8.5:1 steering ratio dramatically changes car behaviour even compared to something like 11:1, let alone 13:1.

17. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2016
  18. simonslj1

simonslj1 Registered

Hi Guys

Don't forget the GT3 R has a variable ratio rack. According to some data I've seen the ratio is approx 51mm to 60mm of rack travel per revolution. Assistance is electric. The steering appears to have been the same from MY2010 to at least 2013 -when was the 991 GT3R introduced? It looks like paddle change gears were introduced for 2012, replacing the stick type sequential change but the steering ratio seems to be the same.

Hope this helps

Si

19. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Actually 50.87-59.67mm ;P Trust me, they've seen it. If they haven't done something tricky with the physics, (not sure if rf2 can do variable ratio racks), you can set up your wheel control to be non-linear, you'd get the same response as what is in the car. If you've got data for 2013+ 997.2 or any 991 GT3R pm me.

20. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

No it was this car. I had excessive front wear but its pretty good now.

In the flat 6 rear wear is greater but it is IRL too and its manageable. With 60% of the weight and the driven wheels they do a lot of work on track.