Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Back to this mod, I have tried it briefly and the Virtual Mirror is "squished" in the Porsche, hope that is known and will be fixed next update, thanks.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

But please, not in the general section...
    There is a perfectly good spot for stuff like that here.

It'd be super nice to keep all that speculative second guessing in one single thread, instead of having those walls of text scattered around in unrelated threads.

Now then... back to the topic at hand. :)

3. yoss

yoss Registered

please guys ...

4. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

some people just want to watch the world burn

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Bathurst works well with this mod in single player.

6. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

You can check out the p1-simracing server. We are now running the latest version of the mod plus touring cars, real weather and livetiming.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

7. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

2 Cents from Mikk

Hi guys:rolleyes:,

I find myself driving the Z06R day by day since 930' came out.
    4 me it feels like a car should feel, every little change in setup is remarkable in the FFB.
    So awesome, i didn't go back to my beloved 799 so far.:cool:
    Furthermore AI at 112 % is giving back really nice fights so we come close to real races here.
    Great fun, not to forget that great looking and frames caused by big Tosch:).

I really doubt upcoming Endu Mod comes close to this great milestone.

Thx a lot, cu on the road, happy Xmas is saved^^

Greetings Mikk:D

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I've already praised it, but the frame rate with a 30 car mixed field, it's damn impressive.
    I couldn't run that with previous versions, had to stick to 2 or 3 different cars.
    Now I can battle all those beasts at once, and it looks stunning.

9. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Which values do u use for seat position and fov? Because every time I'm turning the steering wheel I got half invisible / cut driver arms.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

10. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

I have had 44 cars at sebring... I think I had to knock off reflections but it rang damn fine :)

11. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

100% true mikk.
    The Z06R drives like a dream an responds good to setup changes. :cool:

12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The only car with a well balanced tyre wear is the Camaro , for sure with original physics. You can adjust the Setup with the others Cars, but than you will get an unbalanced driving behaviour. The tyre degradation is much to High imho. I know from a real Gt3 race Driver that they can push the tyres a whole hour without loosing noticable Grip.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  13. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I have the effect Not only with the Z4, nearly all Cars are showing this behaviour with the inverted centerforce

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2015
  14. Ernie

Ernie Registered

+1

15. David O'Reilly

All the cars on default set ups have understeer tendencies. This means the fronts will wear first. Its a very common practice for modders.
    The reason is that its more "accessible"! in other words easier (cars swapping ends can get frustrating).

You can quickly move the balance to neutral or oversteer using set up options.
    This will even out the tyre wear.
    For example I ran a 45 min stint at Bathurst in the Porsche. The worst tyre was about 75%.

Dealing with set up and managing tyre wear through set up and through your driving skills is part of the depth and challenge of RF2.

16. Ernie

Ernie Registered

The problem i have with this mod is, that i have to make the setup very very oversteery to get an almost balanced tyre wear (front to rear). I have no problem with an oversteering car, but a car with a balanced tyre wear setup tries to kill me in almost every corner, because of the (necessary) extreme loose rear.

17. David O'Reilly

I think the set up I posted earlier in this thread had pretty even tyre wear at Spa.
    It does depend on the track. For example I am doing a lot of laps at Bathurst trying to get a good set for the NEO BR 12 hours on 23rd Jan. Because of the extremely tricky steep tight and undulating downhill section where (in the 911) the rear tries overtake you, you have to have quite a bit of understeer built in. In a 6 lap run with tyre wear X2 I am getting FL 77 FR 63....RL 85 RR 81. The FR issue it seems from Motec is 5o% due to locking up under brakes. But yes far from even. I need to try to get 30 laps from a set.
    I did discover that the cars are very sensitive to rear camber. If its too high the rear is very unstable (loose). Once I sorted that I could move other settings more to oversteer.
    Try lowering rear camber.
    Also increase Diff pre load.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Follow David's advice, he knows of what he speaks about.

If your car becomes difficult to drive at equal wear between ends, then change setup slightly to a hint more of understeer and adapt you driving accordingly.
    With practice you'll be able to drive setups more and more edgy.

Cheers.

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The Camaro doesn't Need an adapted driving style or oversteery setup because its based on real data and not on wrong calculated suspension geometry of the other Cars . There are physics issues and you can feel it in the Ffb driving slow with high angle steering. You have to push the Wheel against the the steering angle to caused by the inverted centerforce

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Please, feel free to correct them, should be easy for you, by the fact they are the same as in the previous version 0.92, the physics are open, Yoss will certainly publish your corrected suspensions in next version.

Thanks and cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015