Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks for the update, I already look forward to the next one. Would it be possible to, when this is 1.0, have all files packed into one .rfcmp, like FIA-GT_APEX-Modding_v100? Currently the 2012 is still in the name.

I see the brake bias is shown as balanced when the 50:50 is not actual 50%-50%. Can that be changed for the next version? So either say 50-50 is something like 63-37, or just have it as the actual bias?
    Very few laps done but will check more.

2. yoss

yoss Registered

Guillermo :
    We propose to you to test the beta's many time ... And you never answer .
    If you participate to betatest we can be aware of what you request now and rework the things like you want ...this time we put some betatesters of the communauty to help us .. Sorry i don t understand your way ...
    But :
    1 Packed in the same rfcmp is not possible , from a long time this way don't work .and update 800 mo ( full package ) is more hard than update only one car
    2 Brake supposed problem lgel need to inspect provide a screen of the problem and more detailed feedback : the car, the track etc etc

Beutifull video gils !!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I was offered to test the SLS .937 but I had other commitments, leagues as well as ISI stuff. I wasn't criticizing the mod, je pense que tu as lit le que j'ai ecrit un peu différent que ce que je voulais dire. I will be able to drive this properly with a 2-week Christmas break coming up.

4. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Hi, is there any trick in uninstalling the old *.928s? Cause it is not possible here... (No Steam)
    Thx

5. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi Guys,

new to the forum, tried posting before but didn't seem to work?

Congrats on the new update its really fantastic!

I just wanted to know how everyone's FPS is. most stock content i have been running max out 1440p 20AI cars and runs great. however with this mod i do get slow downs below 60fps hitting the 40s and 50s. watching through track cams.

has anyone else experiencing this kind of performance? i do cap my frames at 60. if i uncap im above 100fps but then when i get all cars in view i get the massive drops. is this just normal performance?

Specs are I7 4770k @4ghz GTX 970 G1.

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

This mod is a sample of what happens when people instead of simply criticizing the result of the passion of some, decide that instead of being back seat modders, that they could try to give a hand.

Yoss is a very open minded guy, and very soon all of us had a very good working relation.

The beta testers invested a lot of hours testing different versions of the cars, and their input was crucial to our progress.

In the shadow there was a fourth person implied, Lestrat, who might bring us to the next step, physics wise, if his work load allows.

Thanks and have fun racing this mod.

7. MMartin

MMartin Registered

8. emha76

emha76 Registered

Thanks guys!

9. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Thank you for the wonderful MOD.
    I noticed leave things LCD is dark when I turn on the headlights.
    View attachment 18740

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

11. Pben1

Pben1 Registered

Steam version only installed.

Guys what version do I have, my first mod install is from RaceDepartment an got the update from Steam. Now on reading thread should I delete or wait on workshop update ?
    In the launcher showing all cars duplicated 092 & 0928

12. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I have to say that this is a great example of project management by Lgel and Yoss. They got several people working to their strengths such at Tosch with his graphical skills and test drivers with physics feedback and set ups.
    The 911 is a pet car of mine and LGEL invited my feedback and I am pleased to say that the default set is mine with a touch of understeer added. (if you want you can move it more to oversteer with rear wing and front suspension spring changes, but underesteer creates a more accessible car. If you can handle oversteer you probably know how to tune for it!).
    It had now become a 911 as someone says above.
    So well done team, and a big thankyou to those who have shown your appreciation.

There are always some fine details to be improved and next steps will probably incorporate some endurance league feedback to create a kind of balance beytween cars with engine durabilty management (safe RPM relationship to max power and safe oil temp).
    But as I say thats very fine details.
    BIG step forwards,

13. Justy

Justy Registered

Superb update, this proved to be the perfect remedy for a hungover Justin yesterday. [emoji4]

Thankyou so much for all your hard work and dedication, the cars are coming along VERY nicely.

Cheers
    Justin

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

14. Pben1

Pben1 Registered

Edit: 930 installed from first post an unsubscribe from Steam

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Sorry about the silly question, but I don't know how to name the wing. My car name is redalt.dds I named the wing readaltwing.dds but it didn't work. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

For the Porsche "altwing.dds" should work. For the other cars the wing is part of the body.dds. Maybe the file name is to long?

Edit: readaltwing.dds is ok.

17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I'm sorry. I wasn't able to type red correctly. I changed two letters. [emoji29] thanks tosch

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

18. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

I've noticed 3Dsimed on a car doesn't work that well.

Why don't you work with GJED? Ideally directly with the APEX FBX export. I think this is the proper workflow.

GJED doesn't support .gen files. But making a .scn from the .gen file is done in a sec. :D
    Tires aren't supported yet. So they don't show. :(

You still need to edit the .gen file manually, but you can copy past settings from a saved .scn file.

View attachment 18741
    View attachment 18742
    View attachment 18743
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  19. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

how do i turn the heat haze fx off for other cars ?? i see it in the bmw but no option in tuning

20. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Isn't somewhere in player.plr file option to disable heat haze overall?