Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Tosch

Tosch Registered

That was my idea but it didn't work. I checked the other cars and they are all ok. It's only the porsche.

2. nounoubleu

nounoubleu Registered

Hello.
    Sorry for this question. Maybe I could find answer in the 65 pages of this thread.
    I used this nice mod during several weeks with my G27 by end of August (new tyre model was just implemented). In my memory, Blancpain and APEX mods proposed different feeling but I enjoyed both.

I just received Fanatec CSW V2 and tried to set it up. I finally could find good set up for Blancpain mod but strangely it feels very strange with APEX. So far I tested mainly the Porsche in Estoril.

As 1st, ffb was very light and I was obliged to increase it to 1,5 at least.
    Is it normal?

Then, feeling in curves is difficult to describe but for sure strange and not confortable: On the middle of corner, It's suddenly becoming very light (almost like "positive" ffb with G27) and make me feel as turning round a central pivot.
    I tested different DRI values without big impact.

I assume I done something wrong.
    So, any advising is welcome

3. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Increase "Caster" until ffb feels alright.

4. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

For the best experience with the V2 and rF2 I recommend the following settings on your wheel:

FOR 100 FF 100 Dri 3 (very important to turb off the inbuild damping) everything else should be on 0 or OFF.

For the cars use the pedals overlay plugin to make sure you have no clipping. Most cars work best with a FFB multiplier between 0.8 and 0.9. You can play with the Caster for feeling as well as Tosch said.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

5. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

@Tosch @yoss, Re: The wierd 799 Reflections

Not sure if its still a problem here but I've just managed to resolve a similar looking issue with one of the materials in the T70.

Its hard to tell if my issue was exactly the same but the problem for me was actually due to an incorrectly encoded normal/bump map.

Something worth checking anyway...

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Nice to see you helping out. :D

Just a note: The rear wing of the Z4... It has wrong reflections too. It reflects the road surface if you look at car from above. :roll eyes:

Edit: when i look at your video, the Porsche rear-wing-side-panels reflect differently as those from the Nissan.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Had the same idea with the bump map and tried a neutral one, but no success. Could be the normals but that should affect the position of the specular reflection (I guess?) which is not the case. It looks like the cube map is rotated 45 deg to the front of the car. The reflection that should appear on the roof and hood is on the front bumper. The reflection from behind is on the roof and the hood.
    Is it mapping problem? The skin texture for this car is 2048x1024 and not 2048x2048.

8. yoss

yoss Registered

cube setting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

u and v coordinate is like the others ..

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I have no idea yoss. :(

On the the other hand the SLS looks flawless. I know race cars are not that shiny but it's the only way to see all the fine details of the model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. yoss

yoss Registered

did you have finish the work on the gen files ? can you show me a max file with the lights system you talk about , i wanna know the setting you use and 2d thing
    i seek for contact you on skype like i do with lgel (we progress well on ia ,sls and z06) or something like that for chat more than here ,pass some max file etc etc but you seem don't have a Skype thing .

11. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

It will be great if rims will get a facelift and a bit of that car body shinyness :)

12. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

+1

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Just had a quick look on the model with 3DSimEd and found when I change the cube map to the texture "CAR_CUBE.DDS" instead of the "CAR_CUBE_DX9.DDS" everything looks fine oO Even the "799_CUBE.DDS" or "WIN_CUBE.DDS" have the same positive result...
    [​IMG]

So maybe the dx9 version of the cube map is interfering with something from the mesh or model!? (just an idea...)

PS: Sorry I'm currently unable to try this in the game :(

14. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Had to adjust the textures (especially alpha channel) for the lights to make them work with the high luminance sun shader and changed the position of the brake lights. They are now at the lower part of the taillight. The light reflections are barely visible at dusk and you don't notice them at daytime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Very nice. Thanks.

16. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

I tried this mod yesterday and found the ffb very underwhelming.... What settings are people running at?

17. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Try to adjust caster for better ffb

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

very very nice tosch !

19. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Call me dumb but how?

20. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Is the glow of the disk brake only McLaren?