Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I will give the Camaro another go maybe. I have a good setup for the ISI original.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

2. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

It's awesome to see a GT3 mod shaping up, and when this one is firing on all cilinders it's awesome, but there are some obvious problems.

Besides the LOD dissapearing body parts in the replay mentioned earlier in the topic and the default setups that are being crowdsourced (good move guys), there's some BOP'ing that needs being done, as some cars are clearly overpowered over the rest (porsche anyone?), the McLaren suffers from a chronic case of the understeers, that I was unable to cure even after dropping the front spring stiffness and front anti-roll bar as low as it would go (and that results in snap oversteer on corner exit after about 6 months of understeer), and a few gearing options, even if through final drive adjustment would be nice (i.e. the porsche is good for 300+ kph, but redlines at ~260kph).

Despite these flaws, when it all comes together, it handles amazing, just a little more polish and you have here a great mod.

3. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Are you sure you did the right thing to your Mc Laren?

Dropping the front anti-roll bar as low as it would go, is may be not the best solution (if your car rolls too much you unweight your inner tire and you lessen the grip of your front end).

You can play too with rear ARB, tire pressure, ride height, rear springs and dampers, brake balance, and rear wing (a lot).

For me it is one the cars with the best default balance, your driving style can affect a lot the balance of your car.

Cheers.

4. yoss

yoss Registered

previous hotlap on Birmingham http://www.racingfr-online.com/hotlaps-simracing-ligue-641.html

previous hotlap on bahrein : http://www.racingfr-online.com/hotlaps-simracing-ligue-645.html

bahrein fight for the second place with 4 players and 3 différents chassis :

final fight for the 5 place on bahrein :

race time 90 m , the 2 drivers seem to attack the track, i don't think the b.o.p is bad ,854 driver don't complain about and i don"'t think the mp4 guy suffer 6 months understeer

next race is blackwood on RFRONLINE champ , here the result of the training hotlap : http://www.racingfr-online.com/hotlaps-simracing-ligue-649.html

look the time : 12 drivers in the same second !!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  5. mark7

mark7 Registered

Hi Yoss, thank you and the Apex team for the great mod and the guys from this forum for helping to improve it.
    Apart from the issues being resolved the couple of things i've noticed with my settings are the odd view from the Z4 cockpit seeing under the bonnet and front wings and the clean windscreens with no reflections, are these as designed?

Thanks, Mark.

6. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

Well I was not expecting that, I feel that the 799 corners like a wonder and goes like hell (only the gearing limits it).

I usually start by lowering front springs and rear wing a bit to try and combat understeer, but the mclaren just seems like it won't turn to me, maybe I just need to give it a more thorough go.

7. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

Regarding BOP, do you play with AI? Maybe the talent files for AI need an additional pass?

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Good question.
    I drive very often the APEX GT3 Mod ATM I prefer the SLS because of the good handling on street circuits.
    What I notice for example is that the AI fight often with a snappy rear (specially the Z4).

Understeer in high speed corners was bad with the first cpm updated mod version.
    With the current version it feels much better and to be honest I don't know how the real car's cornering behaviour is with 220 km/h so it's
    highly possible that I'm wrong and not the car track or what else but it's an existing problem for me.
    Here is a screenshot where I have marked the curve in which I have always problems with understeer.
    View attachment 18388
    Recommendations or tips for a setup or a setup as a whole are welcome.
    Track can be found here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26298-Adelaide-Clipsal-500-V1-0-by-Digga

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  9. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

No, I was refering to my experience driving around Sebring, Nords and Interlagos. The Porsche just seemed to do everything well, only being limited by the gearing in top speed, the McLaren just understeered like a pig with my setup and driving style, the other cars seemed somewhat on par with each other, maybe the Vette being on the fast side with the correct setup and driving style, maybe.

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Did you try unlocking gear ratios in tuning options (when choosing the car)? hope this makes sense :eek:

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

i love the mod and drive it all the time off line. (online i do historics at SimRacers4Life league) and like Alpha Bravo said the last build took away a lot of the understearing. i drive Porsche, Ferrari or BMW most of the time. i like the SLS but what i don't get (sorry Yoss for the nitpicking) is why are the tuning options for the SLS so small. I mean susspension i can choose hard or soft where i can set the susspensions for the other cars in lots more different settings.

Anyway great mod as said and only getting better all the time.

12. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

I am an idiot:rolleyes:

Did not see that, thanks, still, Porsche is good for 300+ kph quite easily, still looks like a beast in my book.

13. yoss

yoss Registered

We have rework the sls suspension , spring setting allow more step now .
    Yesterday i have receveid mp4 default setup i need to put him in hdv

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yoss thx for the feedback looking forward to try it out [emoji106]

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yes Yoss tyvm for the reply and your hard work.
    If you need a independent tester *wink*wink*

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Hey yoss. I've replaced the undershadow and modified some materials/alpha channels for the 799. What do you think?

Btw, the gen files are not final. I need more time for testing and performance optimisation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yup this [emoji4]

19. yoss

yoss Registered

what i think ??
    i just hope the render is good at every hour of the day on the track .

but it s amazing like this.thanks for your help :(
    we continue to try to improve the sls with lgel

20. philman

philman Registered

Just incredible!!!