Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many thanks for the update the MP4 is great, one thing though I hope the AI get some love next update as this is not just "...a multiplayer game ." as per the First Post, never know you might get more Donations if you spent a bit of time in this area ;)

2. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Curses, don't have to time to drive til tomorrow. Have downloaded and installed, the McLaren looks fabulous, can't wait to give a spin. Thanks for the update, Team!

Have to agree with this, though.

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

I've been URDing and ASRing a lot over the last week, really trying to analyze and understand what it is that makes them good... or not so.
    High speed grip is abundant due to the aero modelling working really well but it's still a bit vague. Down low, where it's always suffered is the last major link in the puzzle for me.
    I can out game it but rarely can I drive through it. There is nothing wrong, there is just a missing layer.

CPM makes it!

I'm sure there will be some minor problems with the mod, but guys... You've hit it out of the park with this release and it gives me pleasure to donate for this wonderful gift you've given us.

4. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Server name Simjunkies.org.No.3 is available with the new version mod. Using Portugal 2.0 and Malaysia 1.58

5. whiterabbit

whiterabbit Registered

Thank you very much Great job :eek:

6. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

Great Job, thanks a lot

Just some points to review: SLS default setup is terrible; sometime rear panel of opponents disappear; not all car brakes became graphically hot

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I suspect the graphics performance issues and the disappearing panels are related to a LOD issue. But Steve's use of the word "sublime" is appropriate. These cars feel different in a way that it is fascinating and if it's a signal of what the new CPM can do, we are all in for a great future.

A few graphics glitches that can be fixed are no concern compared to what is obviously a well-designed foundation and a ton of effort to produce a true multi-car mod. Thanks again!

8. hak

hak Registered

Portugal 2.0 with lots of rubber on the track. Driving the Porsche I found the default setup a little too over steering. In a Porsche I believe power down on corner exit is what the car is known for. So I started tweaking until handling and lap times improved.

The default cambers I found to be extreme. Handling / braking greatly improved when set to -2.5 front and -1.5 rear. Shocks I softened a couple cliks all around. 4 up front and 3 rear. Toe in rear to 0 and -10 front. Take a clik out of the rear springs and rear Anti Roll. Increase wing to 8 and give a clik to gear 6 for the long home straight.

Still have more testing to do as I find the rear still wants to step out now and then. I also noticed the tires need at least 3 laps to start getting good lap times.

FPS on my computer suffers with these cars. Enabling the Ghost car costs 20 FPS. A field of 9 AI and its 30 FPS at race start and smoothing out to 45 FPS by lap 2.

A fun car to drive and I do like the changes. Thanks for providing us with fun stuff.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Micheal Borda, new CPM, flexi chassis.

Wut else can i ask for?

The cars are joy to drive...no complains wutsoeva. Will donate!
    Thanks APex! Great job!

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Please share any set-ups that you think will make for more enjoyable driving, or learning, these cars!

11. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks AM . these cars are on another level now ! amazing to drive !

I can concur with the upside down mirror on the right in the Ferrari .. but had to actually look for it as I don't use that mirror to much !!~lol

I haven't seen any LOD issues yet .. only done around 45 min so far and have been to amazed by how the cars feel to notice anything other than pure driving joy ;)

great job to the team & ISI to !

12. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Just took all cars out for a little test run. No comparisons with older mod versions from my side.

Track: Interlagos (with light rubber)
    Weather: Sunny with some light clouds (Air temperature about 29°C)
    Car setup: Just default (no adjustments at all)

I'm a little bit undecided, because the mod feels a little bit inconsistent to me. The cars drive differently, which is a good thing, because we have different manufacturers/car brands. But with some cars the driving feels so much different, that i get the feeling i'm driving not 1 mod, but 3 different mods.

First group (799R_GT3, 854GT3, BMWZ4_GT3, MP412C) The grippy and balanced Ones:
    - 799 is a very balanced car. Default gear ratio is too short. I reached the rev limit quite fast on the start/finish straight.
    - 854 is also a very balanced car.
    - The McLaren is balanced as well. Very grippy and it's quite easy to drive fast. Tire wear on front is quite high. Bug: Sound effects like kerbs are much much louder in this car.
    - BMW Z4 is a little bit more understeery, but quite in the same ballpark as the 799 and the 854.

Second group (Camaro) The different One:
    - The Camaro drives very good but different. The FFB is much heavier, especially when the tires are loaded. Feels like a different mod, maybe because of more ISI stuff under the hood. I was almost a second faster than with the cars of group 1.

Third group (SLSAMG, Z06RGT3) The broken Ones:
    - The Corvette feels very twitchy and is lacking grip. I had sudden rear end grip losses driving up the last straight in Interlagos (Arquibancades).
    - The SLS is the car which feels completely broken to me. It feels like driving in the wet. The car has almost no grip comparing to the other cars. Also my laptimes were about 1-2 seconds slower, because the car is sliding all over the place searching for grip. Because of the lack of grip the FFB feels very light.

That's it for now. I hope my feedback can help to improve the mod. Overall the graphics and sounds are really good. Only the inconsistent physics are an issue for me, but nothing which couldn't improved, i guess. Nevertheless most cars are much fun to drive.
    Big thanks to the Apex Modding Team for making this mod. Keep up the good work.

cheers
    Ernie

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  13. Diogo Oliveira Falcão

Diogo Oliveira Falcão Registered

I have the same feeling, however, I didn't have enough time to race for real and see if the problems are just setup adjustments.

14. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I lowered the Differential Preload on the Porsche to about 3 and it helped a little with the over steer when lifting off throttle during corner entry. I kept losing the rear at Spa (Belgium) T2 (Raidillon) right when I transitioned from right to left and down the back stretch at the left hander (T17) prior to the hard braking zone.

15. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

How do you adjust the gears? For me all gears (for all cars) are not adjustable ...

16. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Before starting a session check the tuning menu of the selected car and choose the "unlocked" gearbox option.

17. matf1

matf1 Registered

When you select your car, click tuning and choose your options on the right hand side menu.
    ^ what Freddy said, mere seconds before me ;)

18. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

Aaaah - thanks a lot ... :)

19. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

20. yoss

yoss Registered

collision object is more high than the ground and problem appear

Bild "bugcollsionxobn3.png" anzeigen.

desactivate the collision gmt don't change nothing so it s no related problem .
    in the gen , appart the collision 3d object everything have colltarget = false

car like 458 , sls or z06 have front wing .
    those 3d object seem to enter the ground and made the car stop.in real those part slide on the ground

we have ask to isi about the problem .
    sorry we can't do more for the moment..:(

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015