Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Cool ! Thanks for this last update.

2. canastos

canastos Registered

Thank you! :)

byyyyyyyyyye

3. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Thanks guys!

4. lamck

lamck Registered

Is it possible to add options in Tuning Menu to add additional mass to the car? I currently limits the top speed by the gear ratio, but cannot with the acceleration. It partially works but not quite funny.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

thanks for the quick fixes. Cool mod.

6. philman

philman Registered

7. Hazi

Hazi Registered

On the Por..799 I get no front fender of my car from cockpit view - I just see the back of the front lights - tried moving seat forward and backward and checked again with freelook and still no fender. With outside view everything ok. Can someone confirm that. Settings gfx max on player and opp. cars.
    TIA

8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I noticed a very overdone looking light flare on the taillights with the 997 at the new nordschleife. Don't know if the filmic hdr of the track is fault, but I didn't notice this before. Will try other tracks. Thanks for the update:D

9. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Updates are nice, but what about the engine sounds? Are they going to be fixed? The Ferrari sounds awesome, but the Mercedes is still horrible.
    Allow me to demonstrate the awfulness of this car with all sound effects disabled, apart from the engine (and the spotter):

As you can hear, the sound files are not blended properly which makes the overlapping sound weird. And at low rpm when accelerating the volume drops for a moment, probably because two values have been turned around.

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Issue is gone with build 930.

11. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Yes - thought it was a leftover from a rear-view mirror :)

Only on the Ferrari though.

13. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

Well. i don't think that the sound is that bad - although engine sounds a little higher and the transmission noises at lower speeds are more dominating in the real vehicle. Could you tweak the sfx file to match the real behaviour?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GpSTWalx8y0

P.S.: To get the real imersion you either would have to wear a helmet or the sound file would have to consider the dampening effect of the helmet as well. Oh wait don't forget the ear plugs all drivers using today...

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I noticed amgt3 sounds 0.89 (not sure) where still installed on my system. I uninstalled them and to me the sound changed in a positive way. Only tested porsche tho

15. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Actually that's not my point. The samples used to create this sound are nice. I'm talking about the fact that you can hear some samples overlapping each other which you shouldn't hear. I mean: while accelerating, when one sample fades out and the next one fades in, you should not be able to notice the transition. The natural rpm of those samples should be fine tuned. I hope they will because in this state the SLS is impossible to drive for me. Once they do, they get my donation. :)

16. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I hope we can get locked gears on all cars around 280. I think the BMW is around 275 and the Merc around 290 plz correct me if I am wrong. On the Nordschleife the cars now hit huge top speeds, which are not realistic anymore. Corner speed seems to be spot on.

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

ignorant question for u -- are gt3 cars slowed bc of revs or drag? i always assumed the latter. if so the problem would be with the mods physics & nothing to do w/ gears right?

18. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Yes, but I dont think they will rework all the drag values, because they just changed them. Of course would I prefer drag values like in the last version, but if we cant get that a gear limitation would do the job just in case. Now you can hit 300kph with these cars.

/edit; The 300kph are not with ultra low wings, but a reasonably high downforce setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2015
  19. speedster

speedster Registered

Thanks to the Apex crew for this good mod :)

Don´t know if this issue has already been adressed. Adjusting setup on the Z4 I found some asym. front damper settings (picture shows all values maxed).
    View attachment 15850

20. yoss

yoss Registered

to everyone ,thanks for the feedback .
    we currently work of one update for adress the bugs you report .