Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Great work so far! I haven't spend a lot of time on the update but I should be able to get a lot of miles in this weekend.

Now I hate to be "that guy" LOL! but a couple questions on the upcoming content.

1. What cars are on your list or what cars are on the list? I know this mod is really early in its development. There was the WIP of the Aston a few weeks ago. The Audi and Lamborghini were in the rF1 mod and is a staple that I'm sure will be there. McLaren was talked about previously. But any others? Bentley? Ford GT? Cadillac ATS? Viper? Morgan :) ?

2. And then are there any plans on the post 2012 versions of the cars? Ferrari had a few changes, Lambo, Audi and Porsche have a few different models, McLaren 650S etc.

Last year, I, with help with a few other people, made the Pirelli World Challenge cars on the NFS Shift models for GTR2. The next couple months sees the release of PCARs. I really really want PWC in rF2 and this is the only non ripped models that's available in rF2. I'm looking to where I should put my resources for the 2015 set, which is why I am asking :)

2. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

I bet you can get them down to 8.35 or lower, so keep the laptimes coming.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

At what track? I haven't tested the mod yet but from what I read the default setups have some variation in what speed can be achieved, that could play a role.

4. Mikk Quickmikk

Mikk Quickmikk Guest

On Bockbierbude.de we reached 8.39 so far :cool:

Fahrer Mario11 (Lobby: mario11)
    Nordschleife 24H

Strecke Nordschleife 24H
    Rundenzeit 08:39.994
    Fahrzeug None (GT3 SLS AMG) #0
    Datum/Zeit 2015-02-06 15:02:55
    None (GT3 799R) #0

Fahrer ~IsR~Mikk69 (Lobby: QUICKMIKK)
    Nordschleife 24H

Strecke Nordschleife 24H
    Rundenzeit 08:40.216
    Fahrzeug None (GT3 799R) #0
    Datum/Zeit 2015-02-06 19:37:36

5. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

[​IMG]

Thnx Uwe
    Maybe next time :)

6. yoss

yoss Registered

confirmed problem on the z4....i look the camaro

7. tjc

tjc Registered

I noticed a slight shadow bug with the Porsche...

In the two Red circles the shadows don`t appear correctly. There seems to be shadows "missing".

Just above the Yellow line there`s a white line showing that shouldn`t be showing (I think) it looks like light is coming through where it shouldn`t be.

View attachment 15667

Loving the mod though. :)

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Great work! Just had a quick test session on the Nordschleife and I would like to mention a few things.

With bigger fields I see a huge performance drop. Haven't looked into the files but I guess there is room to improve the LOD's.

External cams (roofcam, etc.) create a lot of flickering (z-fighting). Front clip plane seems very low. Cockpit view is ok.

When the mod is installed it is no longer possible to select custom skins for the ISI Camaro (the same settings folder or naming issue?).

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Okay, I'm absolutely loving this mod. Epic stuff indeed.

As was just mentioned I am also seeing very big performance drops in large fields. I tested on Mountains Peak with a field consisting of all the models, 29 AI, and the frame rate took a huge hit in the infield.

10. gkz

gkz Registered

it can t be the gear ratio because the sls have the worst but is the best one. So is there anybody who will fix the ai times ?

11. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Fantastic job so far. Thanks to all involved. Haven't touched anything not open wheel in quite some time but as soon as i saw the download link i swapped out the wheel and off I went. Cars feel very natural, to drive and to set up. Also noticed the FPS drops even with opponents set to medium.
    Gonna b a little hard as the .mas files are locked (understandably so). Will have to mess with setups and apply them to the AI. If the BOP for players is spot on then it shouldn't be too difficult, just time consuming.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hmm, the Porsche's FFB seems to be transmitting less tire detail than that of, say, the Ferrari. Also the dashboard and steering wheel resolution aren't high enough, especially the wheel.

I will run this a little more later, thanks for the hard work so far.

13. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Anyone got a decent setup for the 458 @ silverstone? stock setup my best is ~2:03.2 with some changes ~2:02.3

14. yoss

yoss Registered

did you unlock gear box in showroom?

how much rwing step you have?

15. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

I've tried the Ferrari 458 (on ISI Sao Paulo track) : it's one of the best simcar I've drived! Thank you for this!
    The AI is perhaps a little slow but as I'm not a fast driver I'll can win a few races! ;)

16. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great mod !
    Thank you for the hard work :)

17. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Just recreated yesterdays 12 hours at Bathurst in single player and realised I lost 4 hours, Excellent mod so far, I ran a 20 field and only noticed a slight drop in frames when in a group of cars on the start finish straight, The rear bumpers seem to pop in and out a bit on the Sls.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Run them in Liverpool or Rio and the wheels will be gone, never to be seen again

19. yoss

yoss Registered

what track did you use ?

i try to reproduce on Silverstone , hockenheim , mid ohio , sebring etc etc don't have the problem.

before add others cars ,we surely provide one update soon for correct the last little problem

20. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Noticed on Bathurst and Sachsenring, both "unofficial" 3rd party conversions. I shall test on Silverstone and see if the issue is gone.